Dominion doesn't need ranked.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Justlnfinite

04-17-2013

What it needs is a tournament hosted by Riot. The top teams that play weekly for the entertainment of the followers of Dominate Dominion can compete in said tournament for whatever prize Riot decides to have for the winners of the tournament. Riot can use their large amount of resources to build hype for the tournament, as well as an eventual audience for when it is broadcast. Not only will this raise awareness of the less popular game mode, it will also show that there truly is a dedicated community that works hard to be the best at a mode that they love that isn't the norm.

With that being said, I apologize for the wording in my title. That was simply to draw attention. Dominion does need ranked, but what it needs before that is support and attention. A tournament would accomplish that well, I think.

Riot, please consider this. This doesn't need to happen now. It can be in the future. I'd be fine with that. Perhaps you could begin arranging the tournament after you decide what to do about map-specific balancing: a possibility that some Reds have talked about in threads separate from this one.

Nibelhim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2013

I agree with you, but not gonna up or downvote do to bad wording of title AND there are dozens of these threads.

Justlnfinite

04-17-2013

Bump.

Hm. Downvotes I wish the two that downvoted would at least post, explaining why they feel differently.

Ai shi teru

04-17-2013

dominion is boring

Justlnfinite

04-17-2013

Bump </3

Zulgaines

04-17-2013

As long as the Dominions entry level ELO is filled with deathmatchers and people trying out champions and builds the bulk of the community will never take it seriously or figure out how to not be terrible at it.

Comrademig

04-17-2013

I'd probably play dominion a lot more if there was a ranked mode, right now it's just blind pick (risking not having an op on your team) or an insanely long draft mode q.

Tortferngatr

04-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
dominion is boring
Care to explain?

Koravel

04-18-2013

Why dont we just save time and give PECS the prize now?

Kiddalee

04-18-2013

Riot-funded hype is too much at this point. It's better to grow at a steady rate than try to force money into the mode all at once for what small growth one tournament would bring. Growth is exponential, so the more popular Dominion is before Riot funds a tournament, the more returns that funding will bring. I also don't think the community trusts Riot to run a Dominion tournament well. Not enough Rioters know anything about Dominion.