[GUIDE] Nasus, Furious Sands Are Furious

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BramesJown

11-13-2010

@ Krackor

I actually kind of like Randiun's as an alternative to Frozen Heart. Especially in games where enemy attack speed is going to be less of an issue, Randiun's gives you an on-command AOE slow and a bit more health to soak up damage. In mixed games or enemy melee heavy, I still think I would like Glacial/Frozen better. The Shroud gets you more CDR at just over half the cost of a completed Randiun's and the attack speed debuff on the finished Frozen Heart is permanent whereas with the Omen it's either an activate or chance on hit.

I'm generally also a Frozen Mallet man over Warmog's if I ever have to choose between the two. But, to be honest, part of me is loathe to stack health too heavily as there are often enemy carries rocking Madred's or named Kogmaw who in my mind make health stacking more of a liability then a boon.

@Ness

This is definitely not a glass cannon build. Where I admitted that Manamune Nasus was squishier was in the early game, but with a 1-to-2 ratio of DPS to tanky items and an ult that boosts health and makes him a danger to stand around, the build in my mind could still be considered off-tank.

Attack speed is not something I meant to ignore in this build. I'll clarify this more with an "End Game" section, but basically you're ever only building BF/Bloodthirster end game if the enemy team is made up of glass cannon carries. Stark's or Youmoo's are better items for beefier opponents and both give attention to attack speed (it's the Manamune that is the constant and biggest booster of AD). Also, with the defense masteries, you're ending up end game with usually around 1.2ish attack speed, and if you finish Trinity Force earlier (as I have found myself doing more often since initially publishing) you're attack speed will be higher for ulting scenarios.

@JoeCool

It is definitely pricey, but I usually find myself finishing the core build by level 13 pretty reliably. That 52 MR is pre-Banshee's Veil as well. By level 18 in those games I screen-shotted I was up in the 80s MR-wise and finishing the veil would provide almost 60 more plus the spell-block passive.

I will take those suggestions. It is, currently, however, post-work gaming time and my beer and my kicked-back legs tell me that sort of thing is for tomorrow.

~~~

Thanks for posting.

Zalapastroso

12-29-2010

This is mi first post in the LOL forums... hehe

I want to thank you for the amazing guide you have make and I'm very happy with the outcome of your advice. I was skeptical first but once I started to give it a try my playing with Nasus has just improved a lot. Thanks for an awesome guide in my favorite champion.
I'm a noob in LOL, but I can recognize a difference between good strategies and not so good ones, and I can say that this is it guys, the best way to make an Egyptian monster.
My humble advise, before you you go and make your arguments on how this is not the best way to play Nasus, try it but try it with hearth, believe in it and you will see that this is a really great way to play Nasus. At the end you will notice that probably the facts you argue about Manamune not being effective at endgame or with the Nasus ULT, are just in theory with numbers and not the real outcome in the real game.

Just my 2 cents

And remember that "The cycle of live has begun, we will live and they will die."

Zalapastroso

12-29-2010

P.S. English is not my native language please forgive me for my gramatical errors or not so clear ideas. Thanks...

Zalapastroso

12-29-2010

o.0 what a blasphemy I had commited. I get the Nasus quotting wrong it would say,
"The cycle of life continues, we will live, they will die."

sorry for that and I hope to see you folks in the arena. Lets push them lanes always.

MeanBean

12-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
I don't where to begin to tear this guide apart, so let's start where I stopped reading the second time...here. "extra 100 damage" proves how bad you are at Nasus if that's your high end when trying. If you play for building SS early, you will easily have 200 last hits with SS by "endgame"(past 30 minutes), which translates to 400 bonus damage, which in turn becomes 1000 bonus damage if you have a triforce.
Its fine to disagree with the original poster, but dont pull numbers out of thin air. "Easily have 200 last hits with SS"? Seriously? And by the 30 min mark? That is either complete bull or you are playing really bad opponents. If you sit in a lane for the complete 30 mins killing every single creep in every wave, you will have about 200 creep kills, I think. The cooldown on SS will not refresh quickly enough for you to get all the creeps before they die, though. You only get 2 or 3 each wave. Unless you max SS first ofcourse. Mana cost of level 5 SS is 40 I think. So you spend over 200 mana every wave last hitting with SS. How do you explain that?

+400 bonus damage on SS my ass. Screenshot that at the 30 min mark or you have no credibillity at all. A normal benchmark for nasus is in fact 50 SS last hits(+100 damage) by 30 mins in a normal game. This assumes you contribute in fights/pushes/dragon. 200 SS last hits will definately mean close to 300 creep kills total, realistically. I dont think 300 creeps will have time to spawn within 30 mins. And even if it did, then you spent the full 30 mins farming a lane solo while the rest of your team is fighting.

People like you are the reason why nasus has such a bad reputation. Keep playing your farming game.

Musclehead

12-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
If you play for building SS early, you will easily have 200 last hits with SS by "endgame"(past 30 minutes)
lol k

Jotuner

02-28-2011

why is everyone not going dps build?
nasus with his ridiculous lifesteal passive is great for fighting not just some ***** carry
he farms like crazy. you can get all the mana items like manamune and tear but why not just get a tiamat? most ppl say it sucks but nobody gets it because they are all focused on the team fights. and since siphoning strike is very very low mana why get all the mana items?

aRchiBole

02-28-2011

Why reduced time spend dead not health and mana regeneration? Also this seams like a guide for people who want to play nassus and can't play him correctly because they cant last hit, you should never advocate mindlessly pushing a lane it is pointless until midgame because the minions havn't scaled up enough to adaquetly damage towers to justify putting yourself at risk. Nassus should last hit with ss every creep possible if you spam e then you missed last hits and your opponent just farms at there tower. Also melee dps=focus fire in team fight, nassus has to mutch to add to a fight to stay back like a akali/ xin archetype hero would, he has massive debuffs which win fights a huge damage ult and a large single target nuke, why not build tank, because he is the secondary tank not the one who first instigates fights he is the better of the two to carry aegis which is a must have on one team member. This is a pub stomp build not a legitimate build for serious ranked games. Some important nassus information left out is his ability to take baron and dragon out quickly, you can grab a early baron unexpectadly and if in bottum lane grab dragon while the jungler is buisy and in sutch a way unexpected, that is info new nassus players should know, nassuses ability to kill baron and early dragons is one of his greatest assets to a team, it must be mentioned in every nassus guide.

BestScytherNA

02-28-2011

You said something about SS farming being unimportant. BLASPHEMY!

Rkt Jso mk IV

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2011

PSA: Humorous guide = winsauce. That is all.