Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Reason Eve is the best "Assassin" in the game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Undervalued

11-09-2010

She is completely item independent. nuff said

but to clarify. Her mid game damage is insane with just a sheen. Meaning she can literally build sunfires or whatever keeps her alive long enough in battle to wtfpwn your team.

When she builds tank, she still has to be focused. Because she is on crack and healing off of every kill or assist she gets. The damage is totally unavoidable and needs to be dealt with imediately.

This is what makes her the best. Shaco used to be able to do this but they nerfed him to hell. Twitch cant build anything but damage. he can not afford to get survviability.

Akali cant build survivability to do damage. Basically eve is the only champ with massive base damage to go early tank late dps build.

This is why sunfire eve actually owns the mid game everytime.

My common build is sheen>boots>sunfire>Sorc>trinity>razor>malady.

bloodrazor does rediculous damage on eve. she has so many magic reduction stats.

by the time i get malady i am looking at -80 magic resistance. That negate any champ with a negatron to 0. Think about it. Your physical damage is still ******ed and your attack speed with ult up is like 2.4. Its scary and OP.

Eve is not a hybrid like most people think. She is more of a proc hore. She loves procs and debuffs. Build sheen early then rush your most approriate tank item. If you want to get a stack building item. Get a guardian angel.

Guardian angel gives u the ability to not only avoid gettin focused. But also give you a combat stealth. Because if u press ur stealth and they take u down before u stealth. You will go invis while your corpse is on the floor. and if their oracles carrier is down. Which they should be after the team fight. You free to do whatever u want.

Ehrenpreis

11-09-2010

I think you're trollin'

They see you trollin' they hatin'

ReadInPeace

11-09-2010

Nice, ideas, gotta try.

YYZed

11-09-2010

This, so many people fail to want to try her due to her bad rep; after the last buff she got 2 patches ago she became completely viable.
For those who fail to know this let me point out 2 things,
1: Sheen Procs are practically up every cd due to Hate Spike Spam
2: Her ult freaking gives her 125% AS!! that's the second highest innate AS steroid in game (behind twitches Q+Ult)

I wouldn't call her an assasin though. In my opinion (and most of the communities) an Assasin is a character that is able to quickly disable a single target by being able to deal a strong amount of burst on the target. While generally being able to do so before being subdued by the rest of the enemy team.
For example see: Akali, Kassadin, LeBlanc, Poppy. With Hybrid role assasins being Shaco, Malphite, Xin Zhao, and Master Yi. (notice that the general qualities are good burst damage and a blink)

Undervalued

11-09-2010

Quote:
Nyte Crawler:
This, so many people fail to want to try her due to her bad rep; after the last buff she got 2 patches ago she became completely viable.
For those who fail to know this let me point out 2 things,
1: Sheen Procs are practically up every cd due to Hate Spike Spam
2: Her ult freaking gives her 125% AS!! that's the second highest innate AS steroid in game (behind twitches Q+Ult)

I wouldn't call her an assasin though. In my opinion (and most of the communities) an Assasin is a character that is able to quickly disable a single target by being able to deal a strong amount of burst on the target. While generally being able to do so before being subdued by the rest of the enemy team.
For example see: Akali, Kassadin, LeBlanc, Poppy. With Hybrid role assasins being Shaco, Malphite, Xin Zhao, and Master Yi. (notice that the general qualities are good burst damage and a blink)

sounds good.

master yi is almost the same champ as eve. eve just is much harder to counter with gear due to her massive balance in damage output.

I can argue that akali can't get out. she goes into battle but she **** sure aint gettin out.

the second list eve does massively better at their assassin roles then all of them.

You gotta remember that ravage from stealth is a 300 range stun that lowers both your magic and armor by 24. It also does the highest damage output out of all spells of all the assassins. Eve can kill mostly any squishy hero within 5 seconds after getting sheen.

Also eve is one of the rare assassins that can actually kill a tank.

poppy and eve are the only 2 assassins with the durability, speed, and itemization capable of dealing with tanks 1on1. whenever i see 2 or more tanks or tanky deeps I automatically skip making sheen and go straight for a sunfire cloak. This gives me my midgame survival and gives me a huge advantage 1on1 vs tanks, meaning i can actually gank them relentlessly. Then i rush razor and malady. then with sorc boots your looking at a 20-25 minute -80 magic resist debuff on your targets. So basically the tank that got the token negatron thinking it was gonna help actually doesnt even get them over 0. They die in moments while your still tanky to them.

Eve is probly the scariest assassin in the game. Easily. If you ever seen a support team with an all out dps eve you would see how ******ed she can be.

I once got rickrolled by a enemy team that supported their eve. Thy stole my champ before i could select. Eve had a janna shield for extra ad, zilean ult just incase. shen ult just incase, and warwick as boost.

WE LITERALLY DIED IN 4 SECOND INTERVALS. and the only person actually attacking was eve. literally the only champ attacking was eve. everyone else was just keeping her up while her passive healed her to full after every **** kill. We got snowballed so bad it wasnt even funny.

A Retarded Clown

11-09-2010

eve doesn't need a blink..her style of play is to assisinate and wing it...not use a get out of fail free card that no real assasin has...instead she runs...she feels the most assasinish since she can hide in the back lines then stealthily take out straggler or the high profile targets then gtfo...in fact even if they have oracle...your team can rush in then she rushes in with ult, stuns their fed carry who then dies promptly and run away before anyoen can do a thing abt it.

She is the most real assassin in the game...and the most fun imo. If done right, she definitely gives the real thrills of being an assassin. Kassadin, akali and le blanc are def single target assassins, but they feel and look pretty lame as assasins since they just walk upto their target and bang on them with all their skills than get out. Esp true of leblanc.

Eve is more of a complicated ganker who looks for a LITTLE bit of wrong footing from the enemy than has them decapacitated..but she ensure all the positions are in her teams favor. Kassadin, akali and le blanc and poppy are pretty position independent and rely on just bursting the hell out of their target witht their moves then using their get out of fail free cards to escape.

She is definitely the most original and well desinged assasin, only made unviable by counters that are extremely strong against her unless she is done very correct.

She is kind of like tf, she is far below other characters in direct stat comparisons and in skills, but if done correctly, can be lethal by outdoing the opponent who have better characters.

But she and tf HAVE to be a LOT more skilled than their opponents just to compete. In comparison to a sion, morde, garen, or any other tank...who just need to stack health/resists and walk in and press their respective win buttons. Yes sion and garen and morde are not real 'tanks' but are basically very beefy and do well even while being so. ANd they rarely need to worry too much about subtle positioning and plans, just walk right in.

Desocupado

11-10-2010

Veigar is the best assassin, hands down.

Indeed a tankish Eve with madred's is much better than many tanks, due AS and magic pen.
The difficultity is to farm/get fed enough for it.

Tennessee

11-10-2010

I disagree with the AP build, because I build AD... and instead of relying on procs, I use my high damage auto attacks instead. But that is neither here nor there. I do disagree with sunfire stacking however... You have to remember, you don't WANT to get their attention as an assassin. Sunfires are a huge attention grabber. They give survivability, but generally are only there to smurf with.

I did find it hillarious you brought up the Guardian Angel thing since I found that one out and have been reporting on it. Pugna, you learning from me now?

But yes, most people here have the right idea. You pick off anyone who steps out of formation. Their tank has an oracle? Shadow him. By that I mean, always stay just outside of his sight range so they don't see you. If they get any of your team mates low on health, they will try to come after them, and that's your cue. My video shows a great example of a Katarina who shinpos forwards to finish our Ryze. Well, Olaf had an oracle in that fight, but I stayed out of range. When she didn't see me in that fight, she must have assumed I wasn't there because Olaf hadn't detected me yet. I was in fact sitting next to Ryze waiting. Easy kill when she got close and I immediately stunned her, not only getting a kill, but saving my team mate.

In my opinion, Evelynn's best role is as the anti-gank. You watch your team mate's backs, ensure they don't get killed, and you kill anyone who tries to. It helps your team by you being "their" guardian angel, and you can get fed off of that.

Shiveron

Recruiter

11-10-2010

oracle's elixer
easiest counter to a champ in the game

Orharnah

11-10-2010

Quote:
Shiveron:
oracle's elixer
easiest counter to a champ in the game

The most recent buff Eve got allows her to actually still deal a fair amount of damage without the element of surprise. She can still do pretty well even if someone has an Oracle's. Granted having the stun to start is VERY important, the point is she isn't worthless because someone spends 400 gold