Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

DDos in league of legends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Good Sir Troll

09-17-2013

Ok... so first off ppl doing DDos cannot '' controle lags '' if he target's the server the game is on. the game will crash. He would require the other player's IP wich is not that hard to find. people have been making tools for that since a good time now.

Using Loic Would still take a nice chunk of ressource of the pc to use. So he might be using it on from a other pc to Disconnect you guys.

it's highly possible what is happening here anyone who know's what he is searching for can do this snapping his finger's ... but it's also easy to protect yourself from it also. ya just need to know where to look.

And for those who ask for evidence of this... well it's not everyone that have the nessesary ressources to provide it or again the knowlege.

And please people , this still might be and issue.

Decent Player NA

09-18-2013

Just saying I doubt people are willing risk jail time over a game of league.

Rezon

09-18-2013

Quote:
Decent Player NA:
Just saying I doubt people are willing risk jail time over a game of league.

They're idiots, who haven't been punished accordingly yet, so they don't think of the consequences.

xjcon

12-08-2013

Not saying for sure that i got DDoS BUT. i also have 100m connection Way more pc then LoL could use and i rarely lag.... my ping wasnt off the charts nor was i playing during my ISP's peak hours.
Started out with our adc complaining about lag, then mid game 3 others and i started to freeze up and come back over the course of about 5 minutes, once the other team had taken the advantage of the map it went away.
In all honesty if it is a way to cheat people I feel bad for the sorry SOB who has to cheat at a simple video game to sleep at night!

suckmynuub

12-09-2013

Quote:
Dangerous Music:
since you don't know anything about LOIC and i'd get banned for explaining it, you can set a relay to other countries so you dont get caught

and since you're
"controlling" the lag, you can come back faster than anyone else

controlling the lag is not the same as running the server you are lagging.

The only way you can come back to the server faster after a ddos attack is if your ping is significantly lower than those on the server with you. Which would mean you would have to do one of two things, ddos the actual player ip, or somehow figure out a way to eat their bandwidth up creating a super high ping.

loic is a denial of service attacker, which is slightly different from a ddos attack. Ddos attacks involve multiple instances attacking a single target. It's nearly impossible to take down even a small server without destroying your own connection for the time being.

This would mean someone would have to have multiple connections attacking the same ip at once. And, why would anyone go through the trouble for a non ranked game?

CaponerLoL

12-14-2013

Riot can't fix a ddos issue, only thing they can actually do, is catch someone admitting to DDoSing or Threatening.

ScabberDeath

Recruiter

12-30-2013

*******http://www.speedtest.net/result/3197559852.png******** (http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3197559852)

Super High Me

03-13-2014

Anybody saying that someone wouldn't ddos to win a LoL game must be completely clueless to how easy it is. You can literally search booters and find over 100 to buy from any forum. This has been happening to competitive online gaming since.. forever. There is literally nothing that riot can do to stop it because they dont even have to target the riot server but can target your own ip. If you are so worried about being hit offline, set up a VPN (Virtual Private Network)so when the person searches ip addresses in the game yours will be hidden. As for your teammates, they may wanna get a VPN aswell. Riot cant stop it, so do it yourself.

Sirchocolatemilk

05-17-2014

This happens to me often I'm in the middle of a game I dc'd then I can't reconnect. Strange this is the loss or leave or loss forgiven doesn't show up in my history. I can navigate the menus even before my team would have been able to surrender

Wisdomed

06-18-2014

Quote:
Ziek88:
Careful with the name and shame. Forums got rules about that. supposed to send a ticket to riot if you need to drop a name.

As for a DDOS, I find it extremely unlikely that an opponent you were against did it. There are better odds that all 5 of you happened to have connection issues during the same game. DDOS is a pretty severe offense and if someone was doing it to win LoL games they would be pretty easy to track and catch. Not saying a hacker couldn't do it, just saying they wouldn't. Not just to win a LoL game.

I looked at LoL king and I find the "almost exact same situation" statement interesting because you were both in the same game. In fact, you both seem to play a lot of games together. Funny how that works.

Also OP 100mb is really high and you must be paying an obscene amount of money for that.

Go here http://www.speedtest.net/ and post your results. Betting your actual internet speeds are much lower than you claim.

My speeds which are capable of running LoL, streaming Pandora and running skype simultaneously without lag.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2651406957.png

This entire thread feels more like an attempt to cause trouble for someone who happened to beat you. You present no evidence to backup your claims.

You said that DDoSsing is a "Serious Offense" but if you have ever played Xbox or Call of Duty or anything you would know every kid and their mother has a booter and it is legal in most areas. In most areas it is no doing it to a government computer or causing more then $5000 in damage. I know it is wring, I have been DDoS probably hundreds of times but I just deal with it. I have never been DDoSed in LoL though. If you cant deal with it that bad than get a VPN or Dynamic IP so they cant hold you offline.