Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

DDos in league of legends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImJuanka

04-23-2013

Not advocating it, but DDoS'ing is really simple and even simpler to spoof your Ip address. It is very possible that somebody(or a forum of somebody's) has found a simple tool and decided to share it with their friends. They might not even realize the severity of the offence they are committing. People just need to learn a little about command line and Netstat. With Netstat you can pick out the IP addy that is making requests and log it(and if it's not a slightly skilled "hacker", get somebody in a LOT of trouble).

chillenword

04-25-2013

Quote:
ImJuanka:
Not advocating it, but DDoS'ing is really simple and even simpler to spoof your Ip address. It is very possible that somebody(or a forum of somebody's) has found a simple tool and decided to share it with their friends. They might not even realize the severity of the offence they are committing. People just need to learn a little about command line and Netstat. With Netstat you can pick out the IP addy that is making requests and log it(and if it's not a slightly skilled "hacker", get somebody in a LOT of trouble).

LOIC (one of the most common script kiddy DDoS program) can spoof the IP packets, and the nature of DDoS is "distributed" so there will be multiple IP's that do the attacking, the attacks aren't coming from the attackers machine. Skype in nature has a ton of security flaws in it, and hackers can get your ip through skype if your summoner name is the same as your skype handle.

infinite azure

04-25-2013

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/21980231-DDoS-DoS-Denial-of-Service-Attack-Prevention

Skype isn't really a problem if you set up a proxy.

I really think people cry dos attack far more than people actually are victims of it, but you could read through that anyway and figure out if that's actually what's going on, and be able to combat it next time.

69ArianaGrande69

07-02-2013

Yea, I was teemo for one game and the other teemo was obviously DDosing me. It was easy to tell because if I went near him or hit a mushroom, there went my pandora browser, league, and internet. My router is infront of me so when I unplugged and plugged it back in, my internet was STILL down. DDosing must take skill -.-

Fenrir Faust

08-25-2013

Just had a game where I got ddos'd. Three of my team mates, (top, mid, and me as support) were affected first. Then our top quit from it, then our mid, then our adc got hit and never came back. Leaving me and the jungle fid to fight a pre-made 5. Fun stuff. Glad they needed to win THAT bad.

Sam

08-25-2013

Quote:
VengeanceGaming:
this has been happening more and more frequently in games. players are getting DDos'd and there is no punishment or way to point this out besides here on the forums. i beg everyone who reads this to post their issues with verified DDos'ing so that we can shine a light on this.
i have a good computer, the best internet in my area (100mb) and i was in a skype call when this happened.

DDos'ing is a very unsportsmanlike action and is growing more and more common as players find new ways to ruin other players gaming experience.

In this case i found one person in a 3v3 match that didnt have any problems, and after the game found that the other team had the same problem with their two man team, also got DDos'd by DeathDealer69420.

Shouldn't be putting people's name. . .Even if you have evidence, report it to player support or something. Don't publicize it >_> Not good.

HawaiiDave

09-03-2013

What's shameful is that Riot can let this **** stand, they're such a rubbish company since they sold themselves out that they're going to kill the game off. I can't wait until it happens, so I can laugh at those who said it couldn't.

Game gets popular, community goes to ****, and game dies. Period. Don't care how many people play or how popular it is.

HawaiiDave

09-03-2013

And if you have proof, post it to the forums, shame the living hell out of the person, WITH EVIDENCE. I'm all for it, and don't give a fu** about Riot's rules anymore than they give a fu** about solving the major problems with their game.

KakeManz

09-04-2013

I find it hard to believe that a level 26 who has pretty much an even w:l ratio is a hacker to any extent. His last played game was a week ago, and other than that it doesn't look like he plays often at all.

TheEspadaSage

09-17-2013

This just happened to the game i was just playing. all of a sudden at the same moment no one in my team was able to move then we all had our games crash. me( support) and the adc where level 3 when we came back our mid had also reconnected and the other team was already lvl 12 and again we got disconnected now our adc couldnt reconnect. me mid and jungle were able to reconnect again when they started attacking nexus. no one on their team had any problems whatsoever but my team we couldnt move nor stay disconnected. its kinda annoying as this happened in a rank game