DDos in league of legends

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VengeanceGaming

Junior Member

04-17-2013

this has been happening more and more frequently in games. players are getting DDos'd and there is no punishment or way to point this out besides here on the forums. i beg everyone who reads this to post their issues with verified DDos'ing so that we can shine a light on this.
i have a good computer, the best internet in my area (100mb) and i was in a skype call when this happened.

DDos'ing is a very unsportsmanlike action and is growing more and more common as players find new ways to ruin other players gaming experience.

In this case i found one person in a 3v3 match that didnt have any problems, and after the game found that the other team had the same problem with their two man team, also got DDos'd by DeathDealer69420.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloodyDivine

Junior Member

04-17-2013

I had the same problem with the same person, almost exact same situation, when we all came back from being dc'd, DeathDealer had farmed quite a bit, and almost finished his build, he even dc'd his teammates that had been doing better than him so he could try to catch up. He had left only himself in the game, for some amount of time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ziek88

Senior Member

04-17-2013

Careful with the name and shame. Forums got rules about that. supposed to send a ticket to riot if you need to drop a name.

As for a DDOS, I find it extremely unlikely that an opponent you were against did it. There are better odds that all 5 of you happened to have connection issues during the same game. DDOS is a pretty severe offense and if someone was doing it to win LoL games they would be pretty easy to track and catch. Not saying a hacker couldn't do it, just saying they wouldn't. Not just to win a LoL game.

I looked at LoL king and I find the "almost exact same situation" statement interesting because you were both in the same game. In fact, you both seem to play a lot of games together. Funny how that works.

Also OP 100mb is really high and you must be paying an obscene amount of money for that.

Go here http://www.speedtest.net/ and post your results. Betting your actual internet speeds are much lower than you claim.

My speeds which are capable of running LoL, streaming Pandora and running skype simultaneously without lag.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2651406957.png

This entire thread feels more like an attempt to cause trouble for someone who happened to beat you. You present no evidence to backup your claims.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

opcow

Member

04-17-2013

On a note, I've been threatened with a ddos in the pregame lobby "if you do badly"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VengeanceGaming

Junior Member

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziek88 View Post
Careful with the name and shame. Forums got rules about that. supposed to send a ticket to riot if you need to drop a name.

As for a DDOS, I find it extremely unlikely that an opponent you were against did it. There are better odds that all 5 of you happened to have connection issues during the same game. DDOS is a pretty severe offense and if someone was doing it to win LoL games they would be pretty easy to track and catch. Not saying a hacker couldn't do it, just saying they wouldn't. Not just to win a LoL game.

I looked at LoL king and I find the "almost exact same situation" statement interesting because you were both in the same game. In fact, you both seem to play a lot of games together. Funny how that works.

Also OP 100mb is really high and you must be paying an obscene amount of money for that.

Go here http://www.speedtest.net/ and post your results. Betting your actual internet speeds are much lower than you claim.

My speeds which are capable of running LoL, streaming Pandora and running skype simultaneously without lag.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2651406957.png

This entire thread feels more like an attempt to cause trouble for someone who happened to beat you. You present no evidence to backup your claims.
i had no way of showing myself being disconnected along with my skype. i do apologize for dropping a name. i was unaware that there were restrictions on that. as for my internet i pay 135 a month from charter internet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dangerous Music

Senior Member

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziek88 View Post
Careful with the name and shame. Forums got rules about that. supposed to send a ticket to riot if you need to drop a name.

As for a DDOS, I find it extremely unlikely that an opponent you were against did it. There are better odds that all 5 of you happened to have connection issues during the same game. DDOS is a pretty severe offense and if someone was doing it to win LoL games they would be pretty easy to track and catch. Not saying a hacker couldn't do it, just saying they wouldn't. Not just to win a LoL game.

I looked at LoL king and I find the "almost exact same situation" statement interesting because you were both in the same game. In fact, you both seem to play a lot of games together. Funny how that works.

Also OP 100mb is really high and you must be paying an obscene amount of money for that.

Go here http://www.speedtest.net/ and post your results. Betting your actual internet speeds are much lower than you claim.

My speeds which are capable of running LoL, streaming Pandora and running skype simultaneously without lag.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2651406957.png

This entire thread feels more like an attempt to cause trouble for someone who happened to beat you. You present no evidence to backup your claims.
sorry have to downvote you sheerly because of the fact that 100mbps is easily obtained, i only pay 70 a month for mine and voila!

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2652999041.png

this is during peak internet usage hours in my area, if i retest at 10am i'll hit 150 easily


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ziek88

Senior Member

04-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Music View Post
sorry have to downvote you sheerly because of the fact that 100mbps is easily obtained, i only pay 70 a month for mine and voila!

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2652999041.png

this is during peak internet usage hours in my area, if i retest at 10am i'll hit 150 easily
I didn't say it wasn't possible, I said it was pretty unlikely. Speeds like that are very rare for residential services in most of the country. Note that it also states your speed is greater than 99% of US. Service like that is very few and far between. That is why I provided a link (that OP did not use) with which OP could get a speed reading and prove me wrong.

That information is however pointless because as I pointed out, that much speed is not remotely necessary to prevent connection issues. More importantly I doubt a hacker would actually do this. Not one worth anything anyway. Hacking like that would get them caught, fast. They would sooner hit RIOT with DDOS than a specific user.

If you submit the ticket like I mentioned and RIOT looks into it they will likely catch the said person somewhere along the line and that is no small penalty.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dangerous Music

Senior Member

04-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziek88 View Post
I didn't say it wasn't possible, I said it was pretty unlikely. Speeds like that are very rare for residential services in most of the country. Note that it also states your speed is greater than 99% of US. Service like that is very few and far between. That is why I provided a link (that OP did not use) with which OP could get a speed reading and prove me wrong.

That information is however pointless because as I pointed out, that much speed is not remotely necessary to prevent connection issues. More importantly I doubt a hacker would actually do this. Not one worth anything anyway. Hacking like that would get them caught, fast. They would sooner hit RIOT with DDOS than a specific user.

If you submit the ticket like I mentioned and RIOT looks into it they will likely catch the said person somewhere along the line and that is no small penalty.
but it's been confirmed already that people were ddosing games, each game has it's own server ip, and it's REALLY not that hard to find it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ziek88

Senior Member

04-18-2013

Please present proof of confirmation if you're going to make this claim. There have been tons of posts like this that "claim" to have been hit by DDOS and not one of them have presented any credible evidence. I wouldn't be surprised to find it's happened but 99% of the time a DDOS claim is false.

As for hitting the game server, that would also crash the user attempting to do this. They would have to actually DDOS the users. I agree, it would be easy to get the information needed for them to do it and yes it would be easy for them to do. It would also be easy for them to be caught. It kinda removes the whole anonymity that hackers require to be able to do what they do. My point has never been that it couldn't be done it is that any hacker "worth anything" wouldn't. That is also why I told OP that if they report it via the appropriate means, if this turns out to be a true case of DDOS the offender will be caught and the penalty of cyber attacks is pretty significant. Even if they aren't caught by RIOT if they are that careless with there hacking they won't last long.

Take what you will and believe whatever you want. At this point I'm done with this thread. There is really no point in arguing back and forth over something so trivial.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dangerous Music

Senior Member

04-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziek88 View Post
Please present proof of confirmation if you're going to make this claim. There have been tons of posts like this that "claim" to have been hit by DDOS and not one of them have presented any credible evidence. I wouldn't be surprised to find it's happened but 99% of the time a DDOS claim is false.

As for hitting the game server, that would also crash the user attempting to do this. They would have to actually DDOS the users. I agree, it would be easy to get the information needed for them to do it and yes it would be easy for them to do. It would also be easy for them to be caught. It kinda removes the whole anonymity that hackers require to be able to do what they do. My point has never been that it couldn't be done it is that any hacker "worth anything" wouldn't. That is also why I told OP that if they report it via the appropriate means, if this turns out to be a true case of DDOS the offender will be caught and the penalty of cyber attacks is pretty significant. Even if they aren't caught by RIOT if they are that careless with there hacking they won't last long.

Take what you will and believe whatever you want. At this point I'm done with this thread. There is really no point in arguing back and forth over something so trivial.
since you don't know anything about LOIC and i'd get banned for explaining it, you can set a relay to other countries so you dont get caught

and since you're
"controlling" the lag, you can come back faster than anyone else


123