Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

CC List/Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lolligags

11-09-2010

So I thought of putting a list together of every champ that has a CC effect, and what they do. I know when I started when I hadn't played against a champ, I didn't know which had these effects and what they did. If I missed anything let me know. Also I know that some of them have stats on them and some don't, its just something I threw together.

*update: alphabetized the list* Sorry if its hard to read I did this in notepad, use Ctrl + F and type in the name of a champion.

I made this mostly to help newer players.

Slows/Silence/etc:

Akali - Twilight Shroud: Enemies inside the smoke have their movement speed reduced by 14/18/22/26/30%.

Anivia - Glacial Storm: AoE effect that slows their movement and attack speed by 20% for 2.5 seconds

Ashe - Frost Shot: Ashe's basic attacks slow her target's movement speed by 15/20/25/30/35% for 2 seconds.

Blitzcrank - Power Fist: pops his target up in the air and deals damage.
- Static Field(active): damages nearby enemies and silences for 0.5 seconds

Cho'Gath - Feral Scream: silences opponents within its area of effect.
- Rupture: pops enemy units into the air, dealing damage and slowing them.

Corki - Phosphorous Bomb: blast reduces an enemy's chance to hit by 35% and reveals nearby stealthed units for 3 seconds.

Dr. Mundo - Infected Cleaver: slows an enemy and deals magic damage equal to a portion of his target's current health.

Ezreal - Essence Flux: reduces enemy champions attack speed and increasing allied champions attack speed.

Fiddlesticks - Dark Wind: silences enemy units if a crow hits them.

Galio - Resolute Smite: reduces enemy movement speed by 24/28/32/36/40% for 2.5 seconds if caught in blast.

Gangplank - Cannon Barrage: slows enemy units and deals AoE damage.

Garen - Decisive Strike: deals bonus damage and silences.

Gragas - Barrel Roll: applies a 20/25/30/35/40% attack speed debuff for 3 seconds.
- Body Slam: slows movement of all nearby units hit.

Heimerdinger - UPGRADE!!!(active): All active Turrets are healed for 100% of their maximum health and also fire 20/25/30% movement slowing frost shots for 10 seconds.

Janna - Zephyr(active): slows movement speed by 24/30/36/42/48% for 4 seconds.
- Monsoon: causes knockback, enemies that re-enter the storm have their movement speed slowed by 40%.

Karthus - Wall of Pain: reduces armor, magic resistance, and movement speed of any enemy who passes through the wall.

Kassadin - Force Pulse: slows enemies in a cone in front of him.
- Null Sphere: silences the target if he fires a bolt of Void energy.

Kayle - Reckoning: deals damage and slows the target enemy unit or champion.

Kog'Maw - Voice Ooze: launches an ooze in a line which damages foes and slows all enemies who come in contact with it.

Leblanc - Sigil of Silence: If the target takes damage from one of LeBlanc's abilities, the mark will trigger, dealing magic damage and silencing the target for 2 seconds.
- Ethereal Chains: it will deal initial magic damage and slow their movement speed by 25%. If the target remains shackled for 2 seconds, the target takes additional magic damage and is unable to move.

Lux - Lucent Singularity: Creates a zone that slows enemy units by 14/18.5/22/26/30% for 5 seconds.

Malphite - Seismic Shard: steals opponent's movement speed.
- Ground Slam: reduces enemy attack speed by 30/35/40/45/50% for 4 seconds.

Malzahar - Call of the Void: silence champions for 1.4/1.8/2.2/2.6/3 seconds.

Miss Fortune - Make It Rain: deals damage and slows enemies in the target area for a few seconds.

Nasus - Wither: reduces a target unit's attack speed, directly lowering the amount of damage per second they can output.

Nunu - Ice Blast: reduces attack speed and slows target.
- Absolute Zero: While channeling for 3 seconds, slows nearby enemy units' attack speed and movement speed.

Olaf - Undertwo: Olaf throws an axe into the ground at a target location dealing damage and slowing units.

Rammus - Powerball: deals damage and slows targets affected by the impact, as well as knocking targets up in the air.

Shaco - Two-Shiv Poison: passively poisons targets on hit, slowing them and applying a miss chance to minions.

Singed - Mega Adhesive: slows all enemy units in the target area.

Swain - Decrepify: the target takes damage over time and is slowed.

Teemo - Noxious Trap: when a shroom is stepped on it causes DoT and slows surrounding enemies.
- Blinding Dart: Obscures an enemy's vision with a powerful venom

Tristana - Rocket Jump: makes her jump to a target location, deal damage and slow enemies on impact.

Tryndamere - Mocking Shout: players with their back turned to Tryndamere are slowed.

Twisted Fate - Pick a Card(red card): when picked, causes AoE slow effect to targets hit.

Twitch - Debilitating Poison: slows nearby enemy champions by 30%. They are further slowed by 6% for every stack of deadly venom (max 6 stacks).

Urgot - Terror Capacitator: While the shield is active, Urgot gains slowing attacks.
- Acid Hunter: slows the target if he has his Terror Capacitor up.

Vladimir - Sanguine Pool: slows enemies above him by 50%.

Xin Zhao - Three Talon Strike: next 3 standard attacks deal increased damage, with the third attack knocking an opponent into the air.
- Audacious Charge: Charges a target dealing damage and slowing it and all other enemies in the area.

Zilean - Time Warp: can either slow down an opponent or be used to increase an allies' movement speed.

Stuns/Snares:

Alistar - Pulverize: knocks enemies in air and stuns.

Amumu - Bandage Toss: stuns and pulls him to target.
- Curse of the Sad Mummy: AoE stun for 2 seconds.

Anivia - Flash Frost: At the end of its range or if Anivia activates the spell again, the missile detonates stunning for 1 second.

Annie - Pyromania(passive): After casting 5 spells, Annie's next spell will stun the target for 1.75 seconds.

Ashe - Enchanted Crystal Arrow: if the arrow collides with an enemy Champion, it stuns that Champion and all other enemies in small area.

Blitzcrank - Rocket Grab: stuns an opponent if his hand catches an enemy unit, and drags them back to him.

Evelynn - Shadow Walk: fades away, becoming stealthed. Evelynn's next attack or damage ability will stun that unit, ending her Shadow Walk.

Heimerdinger - CH-1 Concussion Grenade: stuns enemies who were hit directly. Also blinds target.

Jax - Counter Strike: stuns opponents if he/she dodges an attack.

Kennen - Mark of the Storm(passive): abilities add Marks of the Storm to opponents. Upon receiving 3 Marks of Storm, an opponent is stunned.

Lux - Light Binding: able to bind 2 targets, first target takes damage and is bound for 2 seconds.

Malphite - Unstoppable Force: damages enemies and knocking them into the air for 1.5 seconds.

Morgana - Dark Binding: snares an opponent, rooting them to the ground and preventing movement.
- Soul Shackles: slows enemies, and 4 seconds later if Morgana is still within 600 range of the targets stuns them.

Pantheon - Aegis of Zeonia: Pantheon leaps at an enemy and bashes the enemy with his shield, stunning them.

Poppy - Heroic Charge: pushes an enemy, if they collide with terrain they will be stunned.

Ryze - Rune Prison: snares an opponent, rooting them to the ground and preventing movement.

Sion - Cryptic Gaze: terrifies a single enemy, causing them to be stunned.

Swain - Nevermore: After a short delay, mighty talons grab hold of enemy units dealing damage and rooting them.

Taric - Dazzle: stuns opponents, preventing both movement and activation of most abilities.

Twisted Fate - Pick a Card(gold card): when picked, stuns the enemy hit.

Udry - Bear Stance: stuns target for 1 second. It cannot activate on same target for extended time.

Veigar - Event Horizon: stuns enemies who pass through the perimeter.

Forced Action CC:

Fiddlesticks - Terrify: will force the target to run around aimlessly, additionally acting as a semi-movement modifier.

Galio - Idol of Durand: taunt nearby enemies into attacking him, after channeling ends, explodes and deals damage.

Rammus - Puncturing Taunt: forces the target to attack Rammus for a few seconds. Commands from the affected player will be ignored for the duraction.

Shaco - Jack in the Box: will stealth after 2 seconds, and pop out when an enemy comes near, fearing nearby enemies and attacking them.

Shen - Shadow Dash: Shen dashes rapidly toward a target location, taunting enemy champions he encounters.

Sona - Crescendo: forces enemy champions to dance, taking magic damage over time.

Suppression:

Malzahar - Nether Grasp: holds a target in place while dealing constant magic damage.

Urgot - Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser: stuns a target while switching places with them.

Warwick - Infinite Duress: holds a target in place while attacking them furiously.

Shields:

Annie - Molten Shield: Shields Annie from harm, reducing damage she takes and returning damage from normal attacks.

Blitzcrank - Mana Barrier: When brought below 20% hp, activates and creates a mana shield equal to 50% of his mana for 10 seconds.

Galio - Bulwark: shields an ally Champion, increasing their Armor and Magic Resistance, and restoring Galio's health each time that Champion suffers damage.

Garen - Courage(active): places a defensive shield on himself for the next 3 seconds, decreasing all damage taken by 10/15/20/25/30%.

Kayle - Intervention: Shields Kayle or an ally for a short time, causing them to be immune to damage.

Lux - Prismatic Barrier: Lux throws her wand to the target location and back, protecting herself and all allied champions it touches from 50/75/100/125/150 (+0.3) damage for seconds.

Malphite - Granite Shield: shielded by a layer of rock which absorbs damage up to 10% of his maximum health. If not hit for 8 seconds, this effect recharges.

Mordekaiser - Creeping Death: surround an ally, increasing their armor and magic resistance and dealing damage per second to enemies in the cloud.
- Iron Man(passive): 25% of the damage dealt from abilities is converted into a temporary shield, absorbing incoming damage.

Morgana - Black Shield: Places a protective barrier around an allied champion, absorbing magical damage until penetrated or the shield dissipates.

Olaf - Ragnarok: Olaf is immune to disables, has increased armor penetration and reduces incoming damage.

Shen - Feint: Shen moves into defensive stance momentarily to block any incoming damage
- United We Stand: Shen shields an allied Champ and teleports them after channeling for a certain amount of time.

Tryndamere - Undying Rage: Tryndamere becomes completely immune to death for 6 seconds.

Udyr - Turtle Stance(active): Udyr gains a temporary shield that absorbs damage.

Zilean - Chrono Shift: If the target would take lethal damage, they are instead transported back in time, regaining health.

Information was taken from Learning Center and League of Legends Wiki.
Updated 11/13/10

Devious Rogue

11-09-2010

Great effort.
Though you might want to add a "Knockback" Section and have double-ups.

Using Janna or Tristana's Ult to knock people into Towers is funny early game.

Lolligags

11-09-2010

Thanks, I updated it a little. I may add more sections in the future, depends on how popular it is and how much its used.

Lolligags

11-09-2010

bump

FaerellG

11-10-2010

2 things
1. Good work, though you're missing some stuff. Keep it up.
2. The direct classification of disables and shields are nice, but something else to consider is their effect and severity.
Silence against an AD Yi will be virtually ineffective, but if you Silence a Karthus, he's forced to retreat.

For RPG games in general, a friend of mine came up with a chart of "ability severity" (he made this originally for D&D3.5). Being a more balanced game LoL "severity" ratings are more situationally dependent.

Quote:
-Defensive Buffs: spells that make it more difficult to kill you and/or your allies.
-Offensive Buffs: spells that make it easier for you and/or your allies to kill others.
-Utility: mostly useful outside of combat, these spells help you accomplish general tasks. For example, Rope Trick helps you rest without being eaten at night, Detect Secret Doors helps you find where people hid stuff, et cetera.
-Offensive Spells: this category includes anything that does something someone doesn't like to them. There are a number of different kinds of these.
--Save-or-Die: These make people do what it says. This is good because that's what you're trying to get people to do, a lot of the time. Example: Finger of Death
--Save-or-Lose: These don't kill people, but they might as well. If they succeed, the fight is effectively won; all that remains is clean-up. Example: Fear.
--Save-or-Suck: These don't make them lose by default, but they certainly make it a lot more likely. "Debuff" spells that hamper foes like Glitterdust, Slow, et cetera all fall in this category. The line between these and Save-or-Lose spells is pretty blurry.
--Direct Damage: These spells, by and large, suck. Occasionally, they're useful, but when a good mage wants something damaged, he tells the fighter to go hit it. If it's hard to hurt, he buffs the fighter first.
--Battlefield Control: These spells shape the battlefield in your favor. They make enemies stay away from you or otherwise do what you want, they buy you time, and so on. Examples: Solid Fog, Grease.
--No Save: These spells do bad things to people, and people can't do a **** thing about it. Not too many of these, because they're so **** good.
-Useless ****: some spells just plain suck, period. This category covers things like Tenser's Floating Disc, Hold Portal, Detect Undead, and Shout.

Now, LoL being entire combat based in its RPG mechanics have no utility, and by design there really aren't any "Useless ****" abilities either. However, the rest of the chart still applies.

The only "Save or Die" abilities I can think of are Garren's ult. I would classify that as damage, but it's primary function is to outright kill if they're below a percentage of their health...which implies that its better than just regular damage.

LoL has plenty of Save or Suck abilities. The odd part is that many of the disables either become "worthless" or "Save or Lose" depending on the opponent.
A melee DPS carry getting hit with Blind is a save or lose.
A mage getting hit with Blind is useless.
A melee getting hit with silence is inconvenient, but largely unimportant.
A mage getting hit with silence is save or lose.

Anyways, I'll stop there as to not derail your thread too much.

Bumbah

11-10-2010

Sona's Cresendo should be in the "Forced action CC" since they are forced to dance to her godawful harp playing

good work. I would alphabatize it though. Most people refuse to use Find on webpages

iSygg

11-10-2010

Curse of the sad mummy is just a snare, and you dont have Ashe's ult which I think might be the longest stun in the game as it is 2.5 seconds only at rank 1

Lolligags

11-10-2010

I have ashe's ult under the stuns section, just don't have the stun time. I wasn't sure about amumu's ult, so its just under Stun/Snare. It does need more work to go on it, I don't have the time to make the changes at the moment, but thanks for the tips guys.

Kaelo

Recruiter

11-10-2010

Add Udyr's shield.

Lolligags

11-10-2010

Quote:
Kaelo:
Add Udyr's shield.

Added, thanks.