Game Connecting Issue?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Feyph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2010

I'm not exactly certain if this should be top priority, but i felt it should be mentioned anyways, at least as a warning. So after i had foolishly deleted LoL from my mac this past weekend (exams, don't question it), i realized the beta client installer was down. Luckily, i had the client backed up through Time Machine. After copying the client back to my Application folder, i tried running the game. First time, the client failed to patch correctly (an issue that was well known during the initial installation process), leading me to delete and re-copy the game folder. Second time, the game patched properly and all was well. Until i joined a game. After getting through the champion selection process, i got to the loading screen, except the loading screen didn't quite appear properly. Usually when LoL is run, PvP.net, LoL client, and the actual match appear as programs running. In this case, only the first two appeared, and the match would not load. Thinking this would be fixed by restarting the client, i promptly did so; however, i got as far as the game in process, reconnect screen. After hitting reconnect, the familiar black screen appeared, only to prevent me from connecting once again. I'm fairly certain that this is an issue resulting from the copy and pasting of the LoL client application from Time Machine.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scrawman

11-09-2010

I have not had to use Time Machine to restore LoL, but I am having the exact same issue as you are.