Unique Passive stacking rule

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

il21loo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2010

I was trying to search the forum but the search is disabled at the moment. Anyways, I do know that getting two Infinity Edge doesn't stack the unique passive. However, what if it is same type of unique passive but different effects? Infinity Edge + Wit's End, or Infinity Edge + Frozen Mallet, etc?

Diomedea

11-09-2010

Unique passives just mean that the item will not stack with itself (the unique part won't). That has nothing to do with a different item's unique passives. So, two completely different item's unique passives will stack, and two similar unique passives will stack as long as they come from different items (for instance, CDR passives).

omgwtflolbbl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2010

There's no problem with the items you listed. Unique passive doesn't mean that other unique passives don't work, it just means that if you have 2 of the same item, the passives don't stack. Meaning, Rylai's + Rylai's don't stack slows (and item slows don't stack anyways), Wit's End + Wit's End doesn't stack for -84 mana. Infinity Edge and Frozen Mallet work fine together.

Some items share uniques. I believe the ones that work like this are Sheen/Lichbane/Trinity force and Tear of the Goddess/Manamune/Archangel's Staff. The bonus damage from the Sheen family and bonus mana from the Tear family don't stack iirc.

Auras are also strange. They stack, but only once and if they're on separate people and for those people. For instance, if you had 2 Aegis of the Legions, you would only get the aura buff from one. If you and a teammate each had one, you'd get the aura buff from your own plus the aura buff from theirs. If two of your teammates each had one and you didn't, you'd only get the buff once.

Mantarz420

12-24-2010

what about if two different people have frozen mallet, or any of the unique passives? would they be slowed for each person who had it? so two, three or even 4 times, i know lots of people love getting frozen mallet as part of their build regardless of their teammates, but if they dont stack, there could be better options.

Larson McMurphy

12-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantarz420 View Post
what about if two different people have frozen mallet, or any of the unique passives? would they be slowed for each person who had it? so two, three or even 4 times, i know lots of people love getting frozen mallet as part of their build regardless of their teammates, but if they dont stack, there could be better options.
Last time I checked there are different categories of slows and slows from different categories stack but not from the same. So frozen mallet slows will not stack, but rylai's slow will stack with nunu's E and things like that. Frozen mallet will stack with lizard buff though I think.

UN LiMiT

12-24-2010

That's a very good question I think a slow from frozen mallet as your example was would only work twice, so if 5 people had frozen mallets only two of them would stack. I could be completely wrong though it may only apply to auras.

Mantarz420

12-24-2010

yea i havent heard or read anything about teams combining unique passives, or (if they dont stack) purposfully not getting an item someone else is getting, so instead of frozen mallet go with sunfire cape, or the like such as stars ferver . just something else semi equivilant but in a group setting would help more by adding a new passive. (am i the only team player? lol)

Gunflame

12-24-2010

If 2 people have frozen mallet them only the LAST hit counts. You don't get 2 slowing effects.

If 2 people have one sunfire each. Each person will deal 40 damage per second (together 80 damage).

If 2 people have starks. Everyone will have ONE aura if they are around... EXCEPT FOR THE STARK HOLDER'S. The Stark's holders get double auras, the one from their own item and the one from their allies.

I won't explain slows because they are quite tricky and elaborate. But in general the slowest is the one that counts and other is ignored UNLESS the former run outs (some slows stack some don't).

"Upgradable" uniques like Manamune/Archangel Staff/Tear of Goddess and Lichbane/Trinity force/Sheen do not stack, so if you get 2 of them you will NOT get 2 uniques. It is important to know Archangel Staff only have one unique part... the mana gain (max 1000 mana), if you get 2 archangel staves you still get an aditional 3% mana into AP. In other words 1 staff 3%, 2 staves 6%, 3 staves 9%... etc...

At last there are some stackable uniques that increase the speed of getting stacks... for example, having 2 rageblades will get you 2 stacks per attack/spell, same with black cleaver. You get 2 stacks per shot BUUUUTT there's still the same MAXIMUM amount of stacks, so it is not really worth to buy 2 of them. Mejai, Leviathan and Sword of the Occult work the same way... maximum amount of stacks don't change but you get 2 stacks per kill/1 per assist for EACH of the repeated items (2 mejais=2 stacks per assist).

One last point... some items "seem" to have an unique stat but they are NOT unique. If you read carefully it says "passive" not unique. Therefore you can stack 5 of them and and they all work. This is the case for Warmoggs and Bloodthrister

Kalshazzak

12-24-2010

I'd like to point out that brutalizer and ghostblade unique passives stack even though it's an upgradeable unique. I believe Stinger/Fiendish Codex act similarly with the items they upgrade into. Warden's Mail passive will also stack with Omens' passive and multiple Warden's Mail.(They ignore the 1 item/1 ability snare rule) Tear/Manamune/AA stack speed-wise, meaning you can gain mana from your tear after using an ability, and be able to gain mana again under the time limit from another ability use if you have an AA/Manamune.(not overly useful unless you like to stack AA early and have multiple low CDs)