Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Annie's Molten Shield (E)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shycows

11-09-2010

Quote:
BIRDISTHEWORD:
So are you saying Morde is a support as well? because he can cast his metal shield onto allies. Morganna/Janna/Galio doesn't have to be support either if they have enough AP.

But they wont drop 3 spells and take out 3-5 team members either, and please don't say I have seen it done, who hasn't but we ALL seen it done regularly on Annie.

Hydreigon

Recruiter

11-09-2010

Quote:
Anxestor:
You flawed my Support logic, but Annie's shield does damage back to attackers. Morde's does too, but takes time to travel to the target, and last for a much shorter time. Morgana's, doesn't do damage, but blocks Negative effects and damage, so I can't rebuttal here. Janna's duration of buff is shorter, and doesn't damage the people who attack the unit. Galio's has a much much shorter duration.

All shields are different and unique. Janna's absorbs an amount of damage and gives AD, Galio's shield also raises WDEF/MDEF and benefits himself from attacking the shielded target. I don't see how 'dealing damage back to attackers' shield is as bad as absorbing magic damage and giving attack damage shields.

Shycows

11-09-2010

What you are not seeing is that Annie does not need this as it would make her too strong by giving her ANY support roles what so ever. She is a carry. Janna, Morg, Gal, even Morde are not carries. Sure I've seen them carry, but they are not carries by design.

Narssisstic

11-09-2010

Annie's shield is to cycle her stun, and throw a little bit of damage back to make it useful,