Nerf anything with burst potential

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ridiculed

04-15-2013

Playing Devil's Advocate to your title:
(nerffing burst)
Burst is anti-fun.
How can I enjoy the game if I die in less then two seconds from a burst caster every time they glance at me?

LordTobiothan

04-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Gambit View Post
Bump
You could reply to what i said instead of just saying bump.

Swift Gambit

04-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTobiothan View Post
You could reply to what i said instead of just saying bump.
I did and then I deleted it, felt rather blunt/rude. Basically what I said is Katarina can't out scale Karthus to even 1/2 of his scaling. You can't out scale 250 Aoe DPS, it's not happening. Katarina/Other assassins simply do not out scale mages such as Karthus,Anivia,Xerath,Kassadin etc.

Her ratios don't even scratch Karthus/Anivia, if they did everyone would be playing Katarina every game.

Swift Gambit

04-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridiculed View Post
(nerffing burst)
Burst is anti-fun.
How can I enjoy the game if I die in less then two seconds from a burst caster every time they glance at me?
It's really impossible to 100-0 any champ at level 6 if they built a Negatron cloak as an AP Assassin against an enemy mid laner. The MR negates a high amount of your burst. What people usually don't understand is by buying that negatron cloak you are technically increasing your own damage output to higher than theirs.

Now, I'm not saying boom- Kat's damage is now 0. She can still kill you, but not 100-0 you. You should probably be focusing on trading damage with her if she even tries to go in. This goes for all assassins, by negating their strongest point you make yourself stronger.

The counter to burst is resistance, just as kiting is the counter to melee champions. If people simply built early resistance before getting their first damage item, I'm sure their lane would go 100% smoother. [Against an Assassin]

PVRSE

04-15-2013

The only reason I played this game was for nuking people clear off the map because I was REWARDED with my skills early on. my champ pool is very very tiny now

Aggression

04-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridiculed View Post
(nerffing burst)
Burst is anti-fun.
if they're 100-0 you literally then you probably are bad at CS or already fed them, gg

Chocoßo

04-15-2013

nerf anything with burst potential that isn't an assassin

volibear, garen, graves, caitlyn, ezreal, mf, draven (just with one aa lol) darius, irelia, renekton

the only acceptable one is jax really

JoeDerp

04-15-2013

"Assassination" basically entails jumping in, wrecking someone's face, then getting out of there.
Assassinating a target is all well and good, no one has a problem with that.

What people do have a problem with, though, are the ones who can jump in, assassinate their target, and then stick around continuing to deal damage in the middle of a teamfight.

Building to counter one specific champion all cool, if you don't mind being weak against the rest of their team.

LordTobiothan

04-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Gambit View Post
It's really impossible to 100-0 any champ at level 6 if they built a Negatron cloak as an AP Assassin against an enemy mid laner. The MR negates a high amount of your burst. What people usually don't understand is by buying that negatron cloak you are technically increasing your own damage output to higher than theirs.

Now, I'm not saying boom- Kat's damage is now 0. She can still kill you, but not 100-0 you. You should probably be focusing on trading damage with her if she even tries to go in. This goes for all assassins, by negating their strongest point you make yourself stronger.
A kat will still 100>0 you with a negatron cloak, most of the time she overkills anything not a devoted tank by hundreds of damage.

Yes MR negates some burst, and you might live because of it, but dont consider that a balancing factor. It is a good balancing factor for burst mages because they have a tough time finishing you, and just have to hope they did enough aoe for their team to clean up.

assassins on the other hand, generally get a reset on kill so sure they only got the squishy, but now they can full burst you again if all that mr you bought somehow saved you, it wont save you again.

Swift Gambit

04-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocoo View Post
nerf anything with burst potential that isn't an assassin

volibear, garen, graves, caitlyn, ezreal, mf, draven (just with one aa lol) darius, irelia, renekton

the only acceptable one is jax really
People have this acceptance of the meta that AD Carries are meant to blow you up late game, but I'm sure several champs can blow people up with burst if they built all damage items. That's why I referenced Assassins, although a champion like Lux could be referenced here as well.