Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shen and the Energy Crisis

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElConquistadork

11-09-2010

Quote:
Chuckleface:
Install solar panels on him?

I lol'd

Die Nacht

11-09-2010

Quote:
Voyager I:
Shen is already one of the best tanks in the game. He doesn't need help.

The problem you're perceiving comes from a mindset that you should be able to dive into a team fight and spam all your abilities as soon as they come off cooldown, when the entire purpose of the energy mechanic is to force you to make conscious decisions about how you spend it over the short term. This is a counterbalance to the fact that you can regenerate your entire bar in 20 seconds.

In a team fight, your taunt is by far your most important ability. Treat it accordingly; don't miss, and save enough energy that you'll be able to use it again when the cooldown ends, even if it means passing up on a cooldown for your Q or W. Also, put levels in it fast. A few points spread between Q and W are enough to get you through the jungle/lane. Taunt is what's going to win the game.

I'm not saying that you are not supposed to conserve Energy, I know that is the point of Ninjas (Except for Akali, like I said. She uses no Energy). If Kennen didn't have 2 ways of restoring energy, he would be having the same issue that Shen has, but less because his E is actually easy to land.

I'm not asking for a huge Energy restoring ability, just something to help him get by (like Kennen's Passive. It is not big, but it helps) or make his E cost 100 flat (cuz the main issue is early-mid game when his E is not Maxed yet).

Vyer

11-09-2010

energy runes might help?

Die Nacht

11-09-2010

Quote:
Vyer:
energy runes might help?

I looked at them. Not worth it for Shen. He benefits more from HP (remember, he is a tank). Maybe Ken would use them better.