Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Bark like a dog, "OP" champions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tetsion

11-09-2010

I really love the reactions from people, but I am saddened that Riot "supposedly" listen to people like this.

"She needs nerfs badly. AoE stun, aoe heal, aoe damage, and auras all in 1 mobile long range champ. OP OP OP! Also spamming qweqweqweqweqweqwe takes no skill"

"She definately needs a nerf, RQWE QWE QWE QWE QWE QWE and you have a 20 stack mejai's lol, it's insane."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off Sona's only AoE spell is her ultimate. Her Q targets two "random" targets but prefer's champions.

Her W heals herself and the champion with lowest HP. Basically Taric's heal but you have no control over it.

Her E speeds her and near by champs up..

R is the AoE stun. Mmmk?

-------------------------------------------------------------
If you are going to complain about a character at least make yourself look presentable with correct grammar and english.

Also OP thread's don't even make sense.

I still want an explanation how NO ONE complained about Mordekaiser until recently. Everyone screamed heimer/xin zhao/vladimir/shaco/ezrael.

Finally when all the good early game chars are nerfed... they scream mordekaiser who has NOT had a "buff" or much of a change until "recently" it was the time of all that "tanky meta-game QQ" era. Seriously... that's plain ******ed you ask riot to nerf "OP" champions and then you want to nerf a char you were not previously complaining about "Now" that you nerfed other champs down to the ground?

The moment LeBlanc comes out people cry OP. I understand the mana part, but why take away her point as an assassin same as Shaco. Why are champions not allowed to have good early games? So you can pull your Galio/Mumu > Vlad > Missfortune/other AoE spell ****? Late game? -.-;

(PS: The grammar on the LeBlanc threads were not amazing either especially by the Original Posters)

Even Garen isn't so bad with a ranged char and a ward... you can shut him down and not get face rolled by Herpa Derpin in the bushes.

Why make an assassin's role pointless and then complain about tanks taking over the meta-game. It doesn't make sense..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------(all of the above is just from watching how people react to champions by the way.)

"Never found Sona OP, but meh QQ's always seem to get their way these days."

It is "semi" true. Riot still makes decision's and only declaring them "OP" when people really start complaining because they "look" into it. I wondering if they do test out these champions they end up "UP" or "OP" to the community.

Feel's like Riot is just taking the blame to make the community happy (which I don't doubt) now of course this statement is just an opinion and biased. <-- not Factual.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally... puppy's will chase their tails.. the scrubummity will want nerf's on champions and continue complaining about the problems in the game.. so its a never endless cycle they create and Riot attempts to appeal.

I personally think though we should take community votes as to who get's nerfed or not, because the dogs that bark louder are the ones that get fed compared with the ones who are content. I for one don't usually voice my opinion, every time it feels like it's ignored.(probably with good reason not many people like to hear what I say because it's right or they don't like to think from a different perspective and only see their way is right.)

but instead of crying in OP threads, Riot should have poll threads in champion feedback so we can get ACCURATE results on what champions need to be fixed.. I think it would be more organized and correct then just a ton of "OP" threads being created by the scrubbier community.

TD:LR? (whatever this means)

After my Rant (with my terrible english skills I know I suck) I wanted to bring up that we should have votes in "champion feedback" on champions so we don't get **** loads of "OP" threads. Those not wanting to type out an opinion without the feeling of their thoughts counting can show in the poll results as well.

Riot should make these threads and we vote from their every time a new champion or old champion needs to be nerfed/buffed. According to community.

-.-; -1 or +1 don't matter to me go ahead and voice your opinions, I am not 100% right and I can/may be ignorant to some facts if so, correct me and please post why .

With that no hard feelings.

Mok

11-09-2010

The way i see it. is that Q does quite a bit of dmg early game. and players with good sense know when to use it.
her R being the only real targetable nuke is very formidable. and on a short cd.

other than that i don't really find her a threat. she's only as good aslong as she stays alive. but when you have players focused on her she's as good as meh.

the good thing about Sona is the ability to consistantly keep buffs up.
the bad thing about Sona is that most players don't know how to play the QWE correctly.
players just assume spamming is key to victory where as if you've used QWE in a constant pattern. certain players will die due to lack of heal at "said" time.
even with cd reduction in a fight consisting with alot of CC or aoe. no amount of cd reduction will help you keep players alive just by spamming W. even if you did have R saved. the output will just overrun her ability to keep some players alive.

As far as i've known i've always seen Sona come out alive with atleast 1 player dead and being able to save 3 of the members. good sona's can keep all 4 alive pending if they saved W and R for the right time and moments. i think so far i've only seen 3 people achieve that.

Ciaina

11-09-2010

Wall of text.

Didnt read all.

Dont own sona.

Dont think she is op, think you are right.

Learn to adapt, get better. You know ? The opposite of being noobs ?
That is not an insult. It means Newbies. It means you dont have a good grasp of the game yet. It means you cant adapt, and still have to learn.

Or you all can whine another champion into nothingness, but i oh so wish at least once Riot would stick to their guns and kindly tell you all to SHUT YER GOBS.

Wykkid lsicl

11-09-2010

I'm with you on a lot of this, but putting polls up for balance is a terrible idea. Most people are NOT professional game designers and should have no direct input on balancing. While I'm not certain that Riot nerfs due to QQ alone I feel that players who don't want to put an effort into winning are having too much of an effect already.

Most people, especially players who are new tend to favor carries. Carries are countered by assassin's, or are dealt with by using tanks. Hence: whining about tanks and assassins occurs.

CerberusZ

11-09-2010

All I want is a SLIGHT nerf on her move speed boost. She shouldn't be able to out-run a Tryndamere with move speed quints, a phantom dancer, tier two boots, all while constantly spinning at her and using his slow, that's a bit much. Trust me, it's happened.

The Syko Kyros

11-09-2010

Agreed. Buff LeBlanc back up.

xSola

11-09-2010

Quote:
blubbernaught:
The way i see it. is that Q does quite a bit of dmg early game. and players with good sense know when to use it.
her R being the only real targetable nuke is very formidable. and on a short cd.

other than that i don't really find her a threat. she's only as good aslong as she stays alive. but when you have players focused on her she's as good as meh.

the good thing about Sona is the ability to consistantly keep buffs up.
the bad thing about Sona is that most players don't know how to play the QWE correctly.
players just assume spamming is key to victory where as if you've used QWE in a constant pattern. certain players will die due to lack of heal at "said" time.
even with cd reduction in a fight consisting with alot of CC or aoe. no amount of cd reduction will help you keep players alive just by spamming W. even if you did have R saved. the output will just overrun her ability to keep some players alive.

As far as i've known i've always seen Sona come out alive with atleast 1 player dead and being able to save 3 of the members. good sona's can keep all 4 alive pending if they saved W and R for the right time and moments. i think so far i've only seen 3 people achieve that.

This is Sona , right?

Her R is on a godly high 130 second CD, maxed out. That, is not short.

Magique89

11-09-2010

Quote:
All I want is a SLIGHT nerf on her move speed boost. She shouldn't be able to out-run a Tryndamere with move speed quints, a phantom dancer, tier two boots, all while constantly spinning at her and using his slow, that's a bit much. Trust me, it's happened.

You sound pretty mad Cerb.

Mok

11-09-2010

Quote:
Richitt:
This is Sona , right?

Her R is on a godly high 130 second CD, maxed out. That, is not short.

I find it short. but that's just me.
It's always up for me. but i also had cd reduction. with item i had like 45% cd reduction?
i think that's the cap aswell. =) don't remember i don't play her anymore.

CerberusZ

11-09-2010

Quote:
Magique89:
You sound pretty mad Cerb.

You sound pretty homosexual Magique.