1-2 People go AFK in ranked, still not a Loss Prevented

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eorrer5

04-15-2013

I've had 2 of my first 10 ranked games where 1 player ( and another time 2 ) players went afk in early mid game, we lose horribly, the announcer says they have disconnected or quit, and its still a loss, i think it sucks that its not a loss prevented considering its a 3v5 or 4v5, i hate it how we lose because of other people and at least i think i should've gotten a loss prevented, i'm sure other people are mad about this too, Riot please respond I dont want to end up in bronze 3

The Wraithlord

04-15-2013

Statistically, enemy team will get afk players as much as you do. This is one reason why riot hasnt implemented Loss prevented. And in case of getting really behind, people would just DC or AFK to get a Loss prevented, abusing this feature

Lokajin

04-16-2013

Thats why you add this simple concept of a line of code causing automatic disconnection after 3 minutes of inactivity therefore causing a loss prevention for your team and a loss of ELO for the disconnected player. Other Moba's already have a similiar system in place for handling disonnectors or afkers. There really is no reason why Riot can't accomplish something like this. Its just plain lazyness on the developers end there more concerned with releasing skins and champions then with fixing the mechanics already in place.

LiegeWaffles

04-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokajin View Post
Thats why you add this simple concept of a line of code causing automatic disconnection after 3 minutes of inactivity therefore causing a loss prevention for your team and a loss of ELO for the disconnected player. Other Moba's already have a similiar system in place for handling disonnectors or afkers. There really is no reason why Riot can't accomplish something like this. Its just plain lazyness on the developers end there more concerned with releasing skins and champions then with fixing the mechanics already in place.
No. They already said implementing things that can lead to "if you harrass a player away, you get a loss prevented instead of a loss" is absolutely not an option.
People keep suggesting these kind of things without first thinking "how can this feature be abused"... -_-

iK Beastro

04-16-2013

Its still needs to be figured out. When you are reliant upon your team to win the game, and your ranking is on the line, you should not be punished for not even having a full team. Yes it has to be thought out, but it should be priority. I was at 95 points just today and I get blessed with a 4v5 game and in the end lose. Its silly.

Arcticfury

04-16-2013

The only way this would work is if when you win a 5v4 you don't get credit. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

What I suggest is a weighted LP reduction. It should benefit the majority because the Leaver gets 1/3 of each person's LP reduction plus their own. It eliminates the chance of abusing the system but also allows the guilty party to be punished more and keeps the Net Zero LP Gain/Loss between teams.

Eorrer5

04-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wraithlord View Post
Statistically, enemy team will get afk players as much as you do. This is one reason why riot hasnt implemented Loss prevented. And in case of getting really behind, people would just DC or AFK to get a Loss prevented, abusing this feature
They should have a code implemented that can tell wether a player hit esc and clicked end game, or wether the internet went out, and not "went out" as if it was manually turned off but "went out" as the internet company crashed or something,

Simcow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2013

The only way to tell if the internet company went off is to manually call the company every time someone disconnects. Routers go out they have to come fix them, sometimes it goes off and they don't even know it for a few hours. It can go off and come back on on its own... Dumb idea eorrer.

EliteFlasH

05-22-2013

Remove duo que, add loss prevention, everything is fking solved,

atrus

08-05-2013

sounds terrible! bump.