Windows 7 Install

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cosmic Power

12-07-2009

Hi, I just installed Windows 7, and now the game does not work.
I joined a game and everything was working fine, but as soon as the game started, it said the game crashed and I needed to reconnect. I tried reconnecting 5 times, I tried reinstalling the client. Whenever I click reconnect, it simply minimizes the client and nothing happens. I checked for direct X. Nothing seems to work! And now I probably have a leave -_-

I'm pretty sure I don't have a firewall since windows keeps telling me to get one. What is:
-UAC ( vista and win7 only )

Also I have it installed in C/Riot/League o legends.

Cosmic Power

12-07-2009

Any answer?

Quote:
mx.messaging.messages::ErrorMessage)#0
body = (Object)#1
clientId = (null)
correlationId = "A73C825B-0A36-9FB3-952F-6BEACE5AD0F5"
destination = ""
extendedData = (null)
faultCode = "Client.Error.DeliveryInDoubt"
faultDetail = "Channel disconnected before an acknowledgement was received"
faultString = "Channel disconnected"
headers = (Object)#2
messageId = "5C17D82C-C278-DA7D-35E4-6BEB1886D22B"
rootCause = (null)
timestamp = 0
timeToLive = 0
I got this error

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

12-07-2009
1 of 2 Riot Posts

UAC is user account control and can definitely be the reason why your game isn't starting.

Open up the Start Menu, then Control Panel, then User Accounts. At the bottom of user accounts you'll see, "Change User Account Control Settings," click on that link. I don't actually know what setting is required to run League of Legends, but I would try turning it off completely and running the game.

Create a practice game and start the game by yourself to see if it runs. If it does, you can try inching the UAC back up if you like. If the game doesn't open, you may need to add Windows 7 to the firewall expections.

Windows Firewall instructions

Cosmic Power

12-07-2009

No I have no firewall, NONE ZERO. I build my own computers.

It still just says, Game is busy (during a practice game) and nothing starts. I have to restart my client each time I do that since you can't exit out of the room (Game is busy).

I tried to run my new motherboards driver installer, but it said it wasn't compatible with Windows 7. I checked on their website and it says the motherboard is compatible with windows 7. @_@

I just got a new 2.9 amd duo core and 4 gigs of ram. World of Warcraft, Warcraft 3, Diablo 2, and Starcraft all run fine. So I'm thinking that's not the case.

Does windows 7 mess with any ports required?

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

12-07-2009
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Windows Firewall is included in Windows 7 and is probably active by default.

Did you try turning UAC off?

I can't really help with the motherboard problem, you might want to contact the manufacturer about that.

Windows 7 wouldn't change the open ports on your connection, but Windows Firewall and UAC might.

DeadNite

12-07-2009

I can't reccomend turning off UAC as in most cases it will not be the problem and it is not something you wasn't to leave off. Make sure that you have all the drivers installed for your computers. Go to the device managers and make sure you don't have any bangs(!). Go to your motherboard manufacturers website and download the latest BIOS update and Windows drivers. Your disc will probably contain old Non-Win7 drivers.

What are the ports that need to be opened for LoL to run? Maybe he can add those to the exception list if they aren't already there.

All games are not created equal. Always make sure your drivers are up to date by downloading them from the manufacturers support webiste and not off the disc you got with your video card last year

Cosmic Power

12-07-2009

I turned off the UAC and the Windows Firewall. Both did nothing.

I did get it working though, with a third reinstall lol = LoL

Instead of deleting LoL and reinstalling, I tried the repair option and that worked.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Is there any way I could make an apology to those who were in my game? Do you keep those kind of records? I don't have their names in the Recently played list.