@Morello, Shyvana players are dying to know RIOT has any plans for her.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M0b1us

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by olridey View Post
god damn they plan to change her and her ult rip ap shyvana you will be missed if they get rid of the ap ratios
Dude, CHILL WITH THE AP RATIOS. We get it, you want AP shyvana to be better. But you haven't made a decent argument to justify such a buff. It wouldn't help Shyvana overall. She needs a QoL buff, not just making her numbers bigger. If you want people to support you, then you need to make a valid case. Here is an example.

- Put magic shred on her E. Shyvana deals a large amount of magic damage even when she builds for AD. This would help her overall because it would compensate for the S3 mastery changes that prevented us from getting both armor and magic pen without using many points.

Isn't that a much stronger argument than, "I use AP Shy and I rock with it! So she should get better AP ratios!"?

Or are you purposely keep bringing it up to bait people into arguing with you thus keeping the thread bumped? If so, then I tip my hat to you sir.

olridey

04-23-2013

i made a thread where myself and other people did make our points on why ap shyv is fun and that shes lacking any constant source of damage we ven got a bunch of responses from this guy called statik but im on my phone using the internet till friday so its not very easy to keep track of what im doing or to save my points so i can quote them

im also pretty bored with no internet on the computer so i thought id ask for ap shyv whenevr i get bored

olridey

04-23-2013

i guess ir annoye people on gd about ap shyv enough to get riots attention i might as well stop

Axethor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
A Wild Scarizard appears!

Shyvana is currently a very dominant early/mid-game jungler who's having a hard time transitioning late-game. Without going deeply into details on the changes we're discussing, a lot of our changes will be focused on Flame Breath and Dragon's Descent being more iconic and functional. We'll talk more later on down the patch cycle - i won't lock Live Design down for a release of these buffs (Based on testing, the scope of this could potentially increase and require more testing coverage) but it's a priority. I'm confident we can get her to a good state without just 'BUFF ALL THE NUMBERS!' - she's not the best, but she's by no means in a terrible state.

tl;dr Soon, not soonTM.
Dominant early/mid game? This is the same Shyvana that can barely do her first few clears of the jungle right? Her early is so **** right now it makes release Hecarim look good. I will give you the good mid game since that about when she starts to eat peoples faces off, but her bad late transition isn't why she's in a bad spot (I actually think it's better than S2 with the new items). Help her jungle clear and you will see Shyv come back.

Axhliay

04-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by othgan View Post
Dominant early/mid game? This is the same Shyvana that can barely do her first few clears of the jungle right? Her early is so **** right now it makes release Hecarim look good. I will give you the good mid game since that about when she starts to eat peoples faces off, but her bad late transition isn't why she's in a bad spot (I actually think it's better than S2 with the new items). Help her jungle clear and you will see Shyv come back.
He's hit the nail on the head here. Somewhat crudely.

Her early game is very very poor. Why? She's so fast at clearing the jungle?

Because she has absolutely no use for her speed since you are obliterated by the jungle mobs. Have your tried the pain of doing a solo clear by youself? You are literally asking to get killed. No jokes.

Wraiths red then golems. You are at 80HP after finishing them. Thats 2 hits. Thats just bad.

Her mid game is good. Mostly because there is a big power spike after she hits 6. Those extra resists come in handy regardless of what you are doing. Around this time is when you should be setting up lanes to take objectives.

The only reason that her late game is average is because her item synergy is bad. She doesn't feel satisfying to itemize for. Her mismatch scaling is to hold her strength down, but something needs to be done to make building her feel rewarding.

Echorion

04-23-2013

Quote:

Shyvana is currently a very dominant early/mid-game jungler who's having a hard time transitioning late-game. Without going deeply into details on the changes we're discussing, a lot of our changes will be focused on Flame Breath and Dragon's Descent being more iconic and functional. We'll talk more later on down the patch cycle - i won't lock Live Design down for a release of these buffs (Based on testing, the scope of this could potentially increase and require more testing coverage) but it's a priority. I'm confident we can get her to a good state without just 'BUFF ALL THE NUMBERS!' - she's not the best, but she's by no means in a terrible state.

tl;dr Soon, not soonTM.
Can you finally make her fun? I mean she can turn into a damn dragon but you only make it last like 10 seconds, and sometimes you just end up walking after someone and they turn and run until it wears off, then turn around and kill you. Why can't she be like Elise, or Nidalee at least, aghh it's frustrating. More so because I know no change like this will come to pass, and she will forever be that champion I want to love over all, but can't at all instead.

RageAge

04-23-2013

Wait, what?!? i might be able to see my beautiful ironscale shyvana again sometime soon?

Axhliay

04-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageAge View Post
Wait, what?!? i might be able to see my beautiful ironscale shyvana again sometime soon?
I use it all day erry day.

I get raged at sometimes, but its fun to prove teh naysayers wrong when you are busy being 1-3-18

IrrationalNoob

04-23-2013

Quote:

tl;dr Soon, not soonTM.
If you made E and R have more of a instant impact I think she could be in a great place. GL.

(That is why champions like Jarvan and Xin are picked so much in LCS. Instant impact is huge, especially on ults)

IBastardI

04-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We do have some plans, though details still being discussed.
Im the 15th or maybe the 14th person who plays more with shyvana at ranked in NA with a 53% of victories and the most relevant thing I can say is this.... "It has been hard... but REALLY HARD to keep up that %". so ty for thinking about her.

I have mixed feelings about this because I like her how she already is, but i also know that with all these new champs her kit is getting obsolete. for example Zac (aka " the guy that can use shyv ult everytime causing more damage and being able to stun enemies").

So the changes to buff her are simple at my point of view:
- Make her E hit more damage, I mean... it becomes almost urrelevant chasing or trying to poke some damage. Yes i know it has a debuff but most of the champs who have skills with debuffs hit much more with these.

- Make her ult able to stun, if u make a green gelatin man able to stun by jumping at enemies then how a giant dragon can't do the same?

At least take one of these changes in consideration.pls ty for reading