Jayce Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Who recommended muramana? I showed it as a possible start, but specifically said I didn't much care for it. His early mana problems are an issue but not so much later on. edited for clarity.

And what is so bad about Cleaver? As stated, its 1600g for the upgrade and gives you 3 things:
secks, hateful music, and.... secks!

Oh wait. I mean:
+25 AD (worth ~900gold).
200 health (worth ~500g),
up to 25% penetration which Jayce CAN utilize decently with hypercharge (~400ish gold?)
AND the ability to get a second Brutalizer with stacking stats.
Because building it early heavily diminishes what Jayce is good at: putting out some extreme damage, hence IE and Last Whisper handles all of that early on. Most people would rather have the damage from IE over early penetration and simply just poop on everybody.

Talith PA

04-17-2013

You don't go cleaver for the same reason you don't go trinity: his play pattern does not work with it. You aren't going to have any shred on a target when you fire gated shock blasts and you are going to have one, maybe two shreds on a target when you start a hypercharge (Q + auto into W). Congratulations you finally have shred stacks on the target after you have your damage on cooldown.

The crit and higher base pen of youmuu in addition to the utility the active provides is what makes it the superior brut upgrade on Jayce. A whisper, his natural armor shred in cannon form, and a youmuu is already going to pen strait through everything except armor tanks and is all working to full effect on every poking shock and at the start of every hypercharge.

Cleaver is the item someone else on the team gets for Jayce.

urmamasllama

04-17-2013

talith thank you for that explanation of cleaver my builds will be changing on him now. i still miss old exec even though new one is still decent for jayce you are now getting two items that build on avarice and im trying to make this build work on other maps so it's awkward.

Koravel

04-17-2013

Talith quit helping people to play Jayce more effectively.

I don't need to see any more Jayce's in blind pick. Unless they're bot lane. Then I'll just take Syndra and destroy them.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
You don't go cleaver for the same reason you don't go trinity: his play pattern does not work with it. You aren't going to have any shred on a target when you fire gated shock blasts and you are going to have one, maybe two shreds on a target when you start a hypercharge (Q + auto into W). Congratulations you finally have shred stacks on the target after you have your damage on cooldown.

The crit and higher base pen of youmuu in addition to the utility the active provides is what makes it the superior brut upgrade on Jayce. A whisper, his natural armor shred in cannon form, and a youmuu is already going to pen strait through everything except armor tanks and is all working to full effect on every poking shock and at the start of every hypercharge.

Cleaver is the item someone else on the team gets for Jayce.
Hmm. That does seem like a pretty good argument. Still, my big problem with IE is that it doesnt give very efficient AD, and the crit and passive are only valid on hypercharge which doesn't kick in until later on.

Even if BCs onhit is underutilized it is still a reasonably efficient way to get AD and health, plus free up room for a second brutalizer. With 39% CDR, hypercharge does have a pretty fast cooldown time when maxed.

Still, I do like your points. If you get a Brut and LW and then IE...by the time you have it, you have lots of AD and crit is quite valuable for hypercharge multiplication.

Maybe one could use a Locket instead of giant belt to get the near-maxed CDR. ionic, locket, brut, pros blade, LW, and IE. (then upgrade to Ghostblade, sell Pros, get atmas or something)

Talith PA

04-17-2013

That is what I do. Although in games if I see I have extra gold flowing in (kills, minions) and can afford an early BF I will start leveling W earlier than E so that I have a few points in it when I finish an earlier IEdge. Normally though I go with the brut and whisper with QE leveling for that AD caster early game and then iEdge gets made right as I should have some points in W.

Tortferngatr

04-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
Please no cleaver or trinty jayce builds.

Items:
boots +problade
brut
if you have the gold bfs, otherise pickaxe + longsword
if you picked up bfs grab a pickaxe
decision makeing time:

case: enemy team has teemo, wukong, shaco, or akali: buy lantern, don't upgrade it until much later
case: bfs + pickaxe in inventory - does enemy have major armor items? if not (lucky!) buy iEdge. If they do sit on the bfs and build whisper instead.
case: brut + pickaxe in inventory : enemy team lacks armor? youmuu, otherwise whisper and then youmuu
case: you have youmuu, whisper, and an iEdge. do you need lifesteal? does your team lack sweeper/lantern? buy lantern. does everyone have lantern? consider it anyways, otherwise do you really need lifesteal? no? 2nd iEdge
Question: When do I buy defenses, and when do I buy tier 2 boots? Should I always go Ionian boots of Lucidity?

wolferer

ricedream5

04-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferer View Post
advertisement op

EDIT: but that was epic