Jayce Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Torkable

04-16-2013

pfft, triforce jayce best jayce.

Talith PA

04-16-2013

You forgot to include sunfire and witz end with that triforce.

Torkable

04-16-2013

Ima totally change how jayce is played and start going tanky ap with a torch and a rylias and burning people up with melee w. It'l be like amumu but without the incredible dmg and hard cc.

Redeemed In Fire

04-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
This is what Talith is *actually* trying to say.
funny thing is i tried that and it works, if i had lifesteal quints I'd run that so you could actually

Talith PA

04-16-2013

Life steal quints, lifesteal mastery, pblade start? Could be a thing.

hotfire

04-16-2013

A moment of silence for the old executioners calling.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2013

(This is for TOP Jayce. Bot has way more emphasis on dueling, movespeed and sustain)

For Jayce, you generally don't want triforce. It is an effective item for many but does not synergize well with Jayce. Mainly because Jayce's Poke is extremely effective and has a 1.68 AD ratio. Triforce costs 4k and gives 30AD...not very good for poking obviously which is a huge strength for him.

Also Jayce tends to spam comboes quickly instead of spreading his skills out. This makes triforce less effective. Finally, TF only triggers on autoattacks and some of Jayces abilities dont really synergize well.
Hypercharge triggeres TF but with a 3.9 AD ratio underperforms with TF. A jayce that Gapcloses and Knockbacks immediately never even autoattacked and thus didnt trigger TF.

------------------
So what DO you do?

Jayce wants:
AD primarily. His spells have big AD ratios.
Armor penetration. Acts as a damage multiplier.
CDR - acts as another damage multiplier effectively. 40% CDR = 67% more spammage (tho mana is limiting)
Health - He does get fairly close and needs to survive burst damage. How much health is VERY GAME DEPENDENT. Sometimes he can go almost pure ADC build and do great due to good support/tanks. Other times the same build will get him slaughtered.
Crit - Lategame, nothing scales like Crit and Inf Edge on him with Hypercharge. its crazy.
lifesteal - gives jayce great sustain as his Hypercharge reaches max and AD/crit goes up.

I have found the most consistent success with an AD, Apen, health, CDR build. It maximizes his poke, boosts dmg on all his spells, and still works quite well with Hypercharge lategame.
Starting as ADC build is risky to me.
Starting as tanky minimizes his damage.

Items:

Pros Blade, boots, pots - Really efficient start. All around favorite.

Its POSSIBLE to get Tear,boots, pots. However, I am not as big of a fan because Jayce resolves most of his mana issues by midgame and doesn't really need it.

Brutalizer rushed as item 1. Ionic Boots as item 2. Instant 25% CDR (29% total now). Armor pen and AD. Good stuff.

From here, i personally like the Cleaver. Ruby crystal for a bit more health, upgrade to Cleaver. For 1150g you are only getting 25 AD. So the main advantage is the ability to use Hypercharge to strip armor off of enemies...and it frees you up to...
Now get a SECOND brutalizer! Moar CDR,AD,apen and it now STACKS with BC. CDR is now maxed at 39%. (eventually upgrade to Ghostblade for a movespeed booster and some crit).

The flat armor pen plus the 8%, 25% and jayce own 25% penetration are pretty strong with Hypercharge...which starts to become more and more powerful as it is maxed second.

From here I get a giants belt for extra tankiness. Upgraded to a Randuins in most cases later on. mallet is ok if they have limited physical dmg.

Infinites Edge is great from here. Big AD, big crit. Turns hypercharge into a beast.

you have 6 slots now so you can upgrade brut to ghostblade for the crit primarily, upgrade giants belt to randuins or whatever. You can remove Pros Blade with Atmas for crit/ad/armor, or pick up a Sanguin blade for ridiculous lifesteal.

Talith PA

04-16-2013

You had me nodding right up until you recommended muracleaver Jayce, at which point I wept tears of frustration.

Orphane

04-16-2013

Lol muracleaver

Good god

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2013

Who recommended muramana? I showed it as a possible start, but specifically said I didn't much care for it. His early mana problems are an issue but not so much later on. edited for clarity.

And what is so bad about Cleaver? As stated, its 1600g for the upgrade and gives you 3 things:
secks, hateful music, and.... secks!

Oh wait. I mean:
+25 AD (worth ~900gold).
200 health (worth ~500g),
up to 25% penetration which Jayce CAN utilize decently with hypercharge (~400ish gold?)
AND the ability to get a second Brutalizer with stacking stats.