Jayce Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lil Nick Punto

04-15-2013

Hello,

I have been curious how to build Jayce in dominion. I have read all the threads but most of the builds are dated from back in 2012. I seem to have more success with Trinity vs IE builds. Why is this and are IE builds still more viable than TF builds?

Orphane

04-15-2013

Because Trinity is bad for raw damage.

Also don't play Jayce, you don't learn anything about positioning and item building because no matter how poorly you play you still put out stupid damage.

A Slime Appears

04-15-2013

His W gives you 3 shots at max attack speed with 30% increased damage on a 4 second cooldown and it can crit. As a result, an ADC build will output way more damage than a trinity Jayce.

Hawktitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2013

Ranged form and W make Jayce a killing machine with IE.

You probably have more sucess with TF because it makes you tankier then IE.

Tanky Jayce top isn't bad though depending on your comp and playstyle. However I'd build Fratma's / Maw instead of working on TF.

Tanky Jayce bot I'd try and get Sanguine Blade then counterbuild to my opponent.

SylianEUW

04-15-2013

I'm no Jayce player, but maybe you could try Black Cleaver? It gives equal hp to Trinity and also some other sweet stuff. You can apply stacks fairly quickly too.

Talith PA

04-15-2013

Please no cleaver or trinty jayce builds.

Items:
boots +problade
brut
if you have the gold bfs, otherise pickaxe + longsword
if you picked up bfs grab a pickaxe
decision makeing time:

case: enemy team has teemo, wukong, shaco, or akali: buy lantern, don't upgrade it until much later
case: bfs + pickaxe in inventory - does enemy have major armor items? if not (lucky!) buy iEdge. If they do sit on the bfs and build whisper instead.
case: brut + pickaxe in inventory : enemy team lacks armor? youmuu, otherwise whisper and then youmuu
case: you have youmuu, whisper, and an iEdge. do you need lifesteal? does your team lack sweeper/lantern? buy lantern. does everyone have lantern? consider it anyways, otherwise do you really need lifesteal? no? 2nd iEdge

KaWraith

04-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
Please no cleaver or trinty jayce builds.

Items:
boots +problade
brut
if you have the gold bfs, otherise pickaxe + longsword
if you picked up bfs grab a pickaxe
decision makeing time:

case: enemy team has teemo, wukong, shaco, or akali: buy lantern, don't upgrade it until much later
case: bfs + pickaxe in inventory - does enemy have major armor items? if not (lucky!) buy iEdge. If they do sit on the bfs and build whisper instead.
case: brut + pickaxe in inventory : enemy team lacks armor? youmuu, otherwise whisper and then youmuu
case: you have youmuu, whisper, and an iEdge. do you need lifesteal? does your team lack sweeper/lantern? buy lantern. does everyone have lantern? consider it anyways, otherwise do you really need lifesteal? no? 2nd iEdge
^this
Talith playing jayce is Scary.

HaIfhearted

04-15-2013

Quote:
case: do you not have an iedge yet? get one.
case: do you only have 1 iedge? get another one.
case: why stop at 2 iedges? FILL YOUR INVENTORY WITH THEM!!!!!!!!!
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is what Talith is *actually* trying to say.

Talith PA

04-16-2013

Basically what you want to have is a J4 to shred resists and a Janna as support so you can see if you can make it to 4 iEdges before the game ends.

Orphane

04-16-2013

Quote:
Basically what you want to have is a J4 to shred resists and a Janna as support so you can see if you can make it to 4 iEdges before the game ends.
And someone to build Zeke's Herald for 30 more AD!