A Live Support Chat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2010

Hey guys, I was recently checking out Roar (the official LoL chat, even Pendragon hands out there apparenrly O.o), and I noticed the site has really progressed since the last time I visited. It looks really cool now.

So I was thinking maybe we could get an official live chat going as a bonus to the new players forum. I'm adressing mainly to the usual lurkers (R66Y, Eggtart, xpsychedelico, colloquial, etc), but everyone who's willing to help is more than welcome, if this turns out to work.

I've been thinking maybe we can occupy the general discussion room 2 for now, as it is empty and it is official (it won't disappear if there are no people online).

So, what do you guys think? Is it worth a shot?

Edit: oh, yeah, link: http://eality.de/roar/

colloquial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

11-09-2010

This is a pretty good idea. I've always liked roarchat, and am up for hanging out on it when I have the time. We would need to figure out a way to get attention to it though.

xpsychedelico

11-09-2010

It's worth a try, but I'm not too sure how it works. Does it have features similar to IRC? E.g. controlling moderators and such to prevent abuse of the channel by trolls. Right now the main room looks pretty dead, but I think if a sticky could direct new players there it would probably be a big help. I won't be able to spend a lot of time on it, but I definitely can squeeze some time in.

R66Y

11-09-2010

MIght be worthwhile. I think the biggest concern would be getting awareness out there that new players could go there for help.

I know I've been there once or twice months ago when a red was in there and the place seemed fairly civilized, but I haven't been there in off hours when higher up aren't present. Anyways, I'll look at trying to camp out in there in the afternoons/evenings.

ItzWarty

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by R66Y View Post
MIght be worthwhile. I think the biggest concern would be getting awareness out there that new players could go there for help.
That definitely would be the hardest part on helping new people.. actually getting them to know that you're willing to help them.

I do recall that when i was level 4, I went to the guides directory thing and searched up Master Yi... but i'd assume that many new players don't view the forums at all.

xpsychedelico

11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzWarty View Post
That definitely would be the hardest part on helping new people.. actually getting them to know that you're willing to help them.

I do recall that when i was level 4, I went to the guides directory thing and searched up Master Yi... but i'd assume that many new players don't view the forums at all.
Yeah, I never looked at the forums when I was a newbie until one day my friends and I were absolutely wondering if ignite stacked or not and that was my first post... I think at that point I was like level 20 or something. I doubt Riot would want to put a link in the game client itself, though.

R66Y

11-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzWarty View Post

Maybe we need to get Warty to advertise it on his popular stream once we get it off the ground. When he's not busy being carried and all :P

R66Y

11-10-2010

MIght actually be better to camp the noob chat channel in the game

SomniumProxy

11-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by R66Y View Post
MIght actually be better to camp the noob chat channel in the game
I'm there nearly as often as the forums, so feel free to join me ^^

The reason I proposed a different chat is because most people who post on the forums do it while they're not able to run the game client (no time, work, etc)

On the other hand, I've had some doubts about Roar because i realised that having to unstall microsoft silverlight to use the chat maight seriously discourage people to use it, imagine the situation: you need help, join here! oups, you need to download and install first, etc... I'd personally would at least give it a second thought, tho I'd probably go on with it, most people won't. So I'm still thinking.

TheKidNextDoor

12-07-2010

When will the server get back up again? Its busy 2 hours :S