Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Whats a tank? or right they stopped making them.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleRelent

11-09-2010

Support- Sona, Lux
AttackDamage- Urgot, Irelia, Miss Fortune (most likely AD)
Ability Power- Swain, Leblanc
Last tank- Galio (quite underplayed)

Every game i get it if were missing a role.. its a tank.
Moral of the story.. LoL needs more tanks, think about it dont just go throwing out another boring, underplayed, week tank.
Stop making all people that use mana other then ninjas, think more in depth like Mordekaiser

Why the **** does a huge minotaur like Alistar use mana, and not.. iunno "rage"?
Get your head out of your ***

Love, Relentless

Betrayer of Hope

11-09-2010

Galio underplayed? He is so good that he and Amumu are banned everytime. Galio I can understand because he is classified a tank and yet can do as much damage as some AP nukers given situations in game while I see Amumu as a true tank, does very little damage and has an AoE stun.

Alithalor

11-09-2010

Your list isn't quite right =(

Swain = Caster Tank
Urgot = CC Tank
Vlad = Caster Tank
Galio = Tank Tank

I personally think the fact any team can stack 4 "Tanks" and 1 DPS and win 80% of the time is stupid. There are actually very few true Tanks in the game but there are enough HP/Defense/Resist Champions that make playing Assassins almost pointless in most cases. Personally I think "Tanks" should have a lot of HP/Defense/Resist and a lot of CC Abilities but very, very, very low damage. It should take them FOREVER to destroy Towers and kill other Champions. Too bad that's not how this game works though.

Veka

11-09-2010

Umm Urgot and Swaine can be build tanky btw but I do agree we need more Tank and at that we need a real one where all the skill is Tank not OMG ITS A TRUCK RUN!!!! kinda tank you get what I mean like hey I love Mord and Ramus since their my main tanks but Mord do infact to me is more of a hybrid then a tank cause he can be built AP, AD, or Tanky... but I want a Tank that has a full tank skill bar well not Full but yea like A tank with a giant ass sheild as the weapon their Q move can be "Champion charges in a straight line knocking back anything they hit" and the rest of their move is peer tank.

Ssraeshza

11-09-2010

Quote:
LittleRelent:

Last tank- Galio (quite underplayed)

LOL. Are you insane?

Galio is only underplayed because he's perma-banned because he's overwhelmingly dominant.

If he wasn't perma-banned he'd be one of the first picks for sure in every game.

sentrix

Recruiter

11-09-2010

Whenever they went for a dps, high hp mage...it ended up being a sunfire tank.

MrSocky13

11-09-2010

I want a new TANK ONLY CHAMP!!! not another fricken hybrid...

me2893

11-09-2010

Quote:
MrSocky13:
I want a new TANK ONLY CHAMP!!! not another fricken hybrid...

Tanks naturally have a dps or mage side to them because they need to deal damage. The current problem imo is that the recent tanks feel like really tough mages/dps not tanks with mage/dps damage. In other words every tank is to some degree a hybrid.

I think how you generally make a tank feel like a tank is by doing one of the following:
  • giving it good damage + terrible scaling so survivability is the best investment. Example: shen
  • by making the champion naturally need to be in the middle of things but have very little survivability so that they have to tank to get into the middle. Example: Amumu
  • making them scale well with tank items: Rammus

CaptainMÃ¥rvelous

11-09-2010

Riot has stopped making tanks so they can balance the ones they have now.

Why? Get a team of Galio/Shen/Rammus and Two good DPS/DPS and support. Enjoy.

Mok

11-09-2010

Quote:
sentrix:
Whenever they went for a dps, high hp mage...it ended up being a sunfire tank.

Agreed. alot of tanks become heavily depended on Sunfire Cape.
however asides from getting assist kills.
Tanks really have no better way of earning gold other than the use of sunfire cape.
unless you're Amumu or Galieo and perhaps Gragas.

Heart of Gold isn't a bad item either. but stacking Heart isn't as effective especially when MR is a better stat to start off with.
but i'm just speaking based on experience.

unless your facing DPS/AD champs. MR is always the first to hit 120+ then i aim for armor and health second.