Why elo does not = skill

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alphacide

11-09-2010

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/1...lonotskill.png
This is my last ranked game, its an example of every game I have played since s1. I'd like to consider myself a good player, I have been playing for 13 months and have over 1300 games with amazing kdrs and towers. I know how and when to push, I understand every spell and mechanic in the game.

Yet I'm stuck in this "low elo hell". Why? Because its a teamgame. Because of this, rating is determined by luck.

You can try to carry a 4v5, but the amount of unfair advantage it gives your opponents is ridiculous. Id say 90% or more of my ranked games have had at least 1 afker, my friends that play around my level are around 1600-1750 telling me they never got afkers. Just goes to show its the luck of the draw. In this game, bad players have more effect than good players. Its unfortunate.

Also, thanks tryn. Couldn't you have just left at the begining instead of feeding THAN AFK'ing 40 minutes in?

Relisoc

11-09-2010

20/12 isn't amazing...

Grikshanks

11-09-2010

kat against that team?

you, sir, are a brave man.

Alphacide

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relisoc View Post
20/12 isn't amazing...
For 4v5, that is a very good score.

xFERx

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphacide View Post
I'd like to consider myself a good player,
I found your problem...

ThanksALatte

11-09-2010

I know. k/d ratio is a demonstration of skill in every way shape and form. We are playing Team Deathmatch right? Or is this king of the hill?

Arcanist

11-09-2010

My ELO is still within 10 of 1200 and I have 167 ranked games. It's not fair because I become more skilled and I get people who have their first ranked game.

dissonancy

11-09-2010

The real question is, why are you playing the one ult wonder when their team has WW's suppression, Shen's taunt, Morgana's Bind and Shield, Sion's Gaze and LeBlanc's Root+Permasilence.

amcii

11-09-2010

you have bad stats..but nice games..where you download them?^^

Alphacide

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFERx View Post
I found your problem...
Well, from a quick look at your profile I have way more experience than you. So you should be a little slower to ***** like every other forum troll