Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion and skin sale: The blinding snow

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swain

Northern Front

04-15-2013

• Outside the swirling snow roars with the ferocity of the winter wind. I am Northern Front Swain and now, at present, I'm trapped inside this tent while the storm rages around me, unrepentant. Fortunately, I brought a pair of hextech binoculars at a Zaunite black market stall, along with some warm northern furs. 375 RP

• Hyena Warwick strides across the tundra, tongue wagging and tail flopping, chasing a form that I cannot quite make out. He stops and sniffs the air, form unwavering and his long fangs bare; his eyes look like the daggers given to the Crimson Elite, stabbing into the blinding sheet of frozen snow. 487 RP

• I see it now – Gothic Orianna runs from the fell beast, her dark mechanics blending with the shadows spread by the driving force of a winter gale. Such an odd creation, with so much untapped potential; I wonder if she might be able to be somewhat more malleable, if I suggested an alternate profession, to teach her hunter one last grim lesson. 260 RP

• The hunted and the prey are not the only ones caught out by the frost: Galio is also far from home. His fearsome countenance hangs heavy, his wings wrapped around him to shield him from the cold. Ah, distinctly I remember last when I saw this grave guardian; 'twas in the bleakest hour, when darkness and grey funeral pallor cast long shadows across the floor. 440 RP

• With a sudden explosive snap, Blitzcrank grabs at my tent, rending open the flimsy flap. He may be a great steam golem, but I hear his moaning over the storm; he seems alone and wandering, lost and long forlorn. 395 RP

• As the howling begins to fade, and the roar of winter tolls one last knell, the scent behind the golem emerges as a lumbering ursine smell. It is both strategy and luck, of course, that I was not caught unaware, but I will exit quickly now, instead of facing Volibear. 487 RP

The sun finally trickles out, doling rays of warming glow, but I cannot stay behind to face such an enemy in those deep banks of snow. Likely we'll all be running, from April 16 to April 19; but you might do well to follow, if you know what 'tis I mean. And this white curtained sheet that coats the land, from shore to northern shore, shall be lifted nevermore.

Bin

04-15-2013

lol

KRISPY KUM dumpster sale

pearacus

04-15-2013

The only champ worth buying here is Voli... And the only skin is WW :\

I was expecting something a little better after that skin fiasco... maybe some of the ones... I don't know, going up to 1350?

riot pls

Arctic Bro

04-15-2013

Why is Rune Guard Voli brown?

JarHead408

04-15-2013

Yay Volibear

Wulric

04-15-2013

This sales lately... pretty bad

Coreporeal

04-15-2013

Quote:
pearacus:
I was expecting something a little better after that skin fiasco... maybe some of the ones... I don't know, going up to 1350?

As someone else pointed out, that's unlikely to happen.

Also, I just noticed something:
Northern Front Swain is going on sale at 375 RP, while Gothic Orianna will be 260 RP; that's half-off their price after the Price Changes.

So does this mean that, even is the sale happened before the Price Change (Apr. 25th), skins that are getting their price increased would be priced as if they already had said price raise?
*Example: Arcade Sona goes on sale Apr. 19-22, 2013. Would she be priced at 487 RP or 675 RP?

*It's just an example, not an actual prediction of an upcoming sale.
I hope...

EDIT: Well... color me impressed, Riot. (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3352621)

isitaspider

04-15-2013

If you're going to make a theme, at least stick to it. Hyena Warwick makes absolutely no sense in the tundra.

Gotta admit, the person who wrote this up has some excellent poetic skills.

LetMeBackdoorYou

04-15-2013

SO DISAPPOINTED, C'mon possibly some skins going to 1350? or like any good champions... Terrible Sale IMO

Balls Deep

04-15-2013

Uhhh... Volibear again???