Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

ADC rune page opinions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DancerofWar

04-15-2013

So, I have played a few solo queue matches and recently got *****ed at for my rune page. My rune page only had 4 AD, lifesteal and then mostly armor pen.....with traces of defense. My support was mad and blamed me most of the game for his failed aggressive behavior lol.

Anyway, what stats do you like to place in your adc page? Have it be custom or wiki pages, just curious.

Kage Nyan

04-15-2013

I don't really like lifesteal runes tbh, I just run armor AD and armor pen.

jester82

04-15-2013

As far as I know standard is :
AD or ArmorPen Mark
Flat Armor Seal
MR per Level seals
AD Quint

ROKAF JE

04-15-2013

I like 16 ad, 15 armor and the rest MR.

Z The Slayer

04-15-2013

Armor pen is better on caster-style, lane bully, champs, like Caitlyn or Draven.

Vayne, Trist and ADC's that are more auto-attack heavy benefit more from flat AD.
Ezreal's an exception. He casts a lot of spells, but he benefits more from flat AD due to his high attack speed (similar to Tristana)

If you're looking at the role entirely and need one page, base it off of what you need:
AD is better early game.
ArP is better late game.

HomuncRoguee

04-15-2013

You're definitely going to want your marks to be all AD, except maybe 3, which can be Armor Pen. As someone above mentioned, flat armor seals are a must(as you will always being laning against someone dealing physical damage). Glyphs are where, in my opinion, you get the chance to be a little diverse. For adc, you could always run the AD glyphs, but to me they have such little AD, I find it not worth it. I like to use flat magic resist for most of my glyphs. It will help mitigate damage from most of the supports you'll be facing, and it will help you once you hit team fights and are being targeted by the apc. I've known some ADC's who use CDR for their glyphs, but that's not for me. And lastly, for Quints, I would reccomend probably flat AD. If you think you've gotten enough from your marks/glyphs(if you decided to use them) you might wanna check into the movement speed Quints, I've recently tried them out and they're pretty nice actually.

falcolink

04-15-2013

in this fast meta AND LOW ELO lifesteal runnes are better it DOES scale late game and give you natural sustain so you can start with long sword ans 2 pots and have higher sustain than the other carry or start with doran and try a full engage as soon LvL2 (doran at LVL2 is like having almost 7% lifesteal with 72AD on a just doran not taking into count the 6%LS from runes..! ) so you're drainning 9.36 per hit it seems not much but this andyour armor will win you the trades in the long run, how? every time you hit minions you are gaining 10hp just for last hit/pushing the lane while they not this translate in more backs for they and less for you/ this give you free farm times.

on the other side in late game 6% of lifesteal at 300ad(a decent ADC can reach that) is 24hp in a normal attack and 48 on crit not taking acount BT life steal or SotRK th thing is you are ahead if your opponent doesnt have it.

you can mix them with pure AD or ARMPEN .

from my point of view ADC in this season is open to much more setup of runnes that before

Dat Yordle Power

04-15-2013

I have 4 ADC rune pages:

1 is standard with AD Quints, AD Marks, Armor Yellows, Magic Res Blues
1 is AD Quints, Armor Pen Marks, Armor Yellows, Magic Res Blues
1 is Lifesteal Quints, AD Marks, Armor Yellows, Magic Res Blues
1 is AD Quints, Hybrid pen marks, Armor Yellows, Magic Res Blues (I hardly use this one; it's mostly for Tristana but I use it for Corki and Kog sometimes)

Míley Dyrus

04-15-2013

AD reds
Armor yellows
MR/level blues
2 lifesteal quints+1 AD quint when I start dorans
3 AD quints when I start boots 3

SeCKS Egai

04-15-2013

The standard ADC page these days is usually flat ad reds+quints, flat armor yellows, and mag res blues, flat or scaling based on pref.

I've run variations on this, and for season 1 I did run flat armor pen reds/quints and 25% attack speed for some time.

Ultimately, I would strongly recommend the standard or possibly a variant (I also alternate between a ~10ad/10% AS page).

ADCs are highly reliant on early game minion kills as snowballing the lane from kills won't be the norm (but will still happen). Flat AD will generally do as much if not a little bit more than with the armor pen. The armor pen technically scales better late, but it won't make a significant difference especially when compared to flat damage.

Lifesteal is dependent on your base damage - think of it this way, 6% of 50 is just 3 health per hit, which is very unlikely to make the difference in trading.