Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Morde nerfs went to far...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invis Phoenix

11-09-2010

im 12 and what is this

Anxestor

11-09-2010

I do not play Morde, but I personally think the extra shield gain from his e was nerfed a little hard.

The old gain was kinda of much, as with 1 minion wave he could get near full shield. Nerfing it was a good idea, but it was sort of overnerfed, as 5 extra shield gain is tiny compared to 18.

Personally I think the extra shield gain should be 2/4/7/10/14 or something.

Now people are going to thumbs down this comment, as I will not appeal to both Morde players and Anti-Morde's.

Iolaus

11-09-2010

People just haven't adapted to the 'new Morde' yet; his early game was (slightly) nerfed, but they still play as aggressively as before, which results in more deaths/less kills, (which then results in crying on the forums).

I Am Empire

11-09-2010

Basically the only thing about him that sucks now is his ulti. If it doesn't kill the enemy with the initial burst, it isn't going to kill them.Even squishies tend to just regen through it now.

I'm fine with the rest of his skills being changed to the way they are now. He can still push like nobody's business, and his early game is still strong, albeit not as strong as it used to be. Also with the increase of ratios etc. it opens up a whole new world of builds for Mordekaiser.

Micro102

11-09-2010

People who are saying he was nerfed are idiots.

The only nerfs were what I thought was a huge reduction to his shield regen, but in-game, it really didn't do anything at all. He still has his shield up almost all the time with siphon, but now his mace of spades also boosts his shield and does more damage.

Ulti was buffed, shield was buffed, clone was nerfed but it still wtf pwns anyone as it has more health then the original champion.

Hey, did you know Mord was suppose to be even more OP then he actually was? Seems bugs were keeping him "weaker" then he should of been >_>

Summary:

Nerfs: His shield regen (but it really wasn't in the end), and the clone was made killable and not an auto 1v5

Buffs: Everything was buffed.

Conclusion: Mord was buffed and had bug fixes that made him stronger. Riot loses more points in "reliability for balance"

I Am Empire

11-09-2010

Quote:
Micro102:
People who are saying he was nerfed are idiots.

The only nerfs were what I thought was a huge reduction to his shield regen, but in-game, it really didn't do anything at all. He still has his shield up almost all the time with siphon, but now his mace of spades also boosts his shield and does more damage.

Ulti was buffed, shield was buffed, clone was nerfed but it still wtf pwns anyone as it has more health then the original champion.

Hey, did you know Mord was suppose to be even more OP then he actually was? Seems bugs were keeping him "weaker" then he should of been >_>

Summary:

Nerfs: His shield regen (but it really wasn't in the end), and the clone was made killable and not an auto 1v5

Buffs: Everything was buffed.

Conclusion: Mord was buffed and had bug fixes that made him stronger. Riot loses more points in "reliability for balance"

Spoken like someone who doesn't play Mord.

Mace always added to shield. Ulti was NOT buffed, it was nerfed. His Creeping Death was buffed slightly for early game, evens out late game. Siphon of Destruction was nerfed.

The AP ratio increase has helped out, and since the patch I have been using hybrid kaiser, which has worked a treat. But watching a veigar walk away with around 50 hp and living from my ulti is just a kick in the nuts.

Frostfire Memory

11-09-2010

Morde actually has a late game now. He's just not the early game god he was. I do have to say, his ult does seem nerfed as hell now. It does a base damage amount, but like OP said, it ticks for 5~ damage after that.

Morde is easily built as an AP carry now though. I was having trouble with the new Morde until I changed my build to reflect how good AP is on him now.

Sarcasma

11-09-2010

Quote:
Mike Hunt:
Spoken like someone who doesn't play Mord.

Mace always added to shield. Ulti was NOT buffed, it was nerfed. His Creeping Death was buffed slightly for early game, evens out late game. Siphon of Destruction was nerfed.

Spoken like a Morde player that didn't try anything before he decided he wouldn't like it.

Hatchling

11-09-2010

....does the ulti not deal the same amount of damage? Just half up front and half over time? Because if the damage total is still the same the enemies health would have regenerated just as much and they would have lived through the old ult anyway...

Rez78

Recruiter

11-09-2010

Morde is/was OP and still a pain to deal with in game. He seems almost impossible to hurt most of the time and has decent attack damage/armor. I've barely played him nor really want to.