Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Morde nerfs went to far...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ssraeshza

11-09-2010

Quote:
Hefty Sak:
agree with OP.

morde is a shell of his former self.

I agree with this guy and the OP.

I was an avid Mord player ... I still am, but he is MUCH weaker than he used to be, primarily because of the ult nerfs and inferior early game.

lolol25

11-09-2010

Quote:
King Kend:
Sure morde was a little strong at first with his ghost and his strong, almost neverending shield. Sure he did need to be toned down slightly but WTF riot?

Morde's TERRIBLE now. His ult does next to nothing and the ghost is a slug wrapped in toilet paper. Doesn't hurt at all and can't move fast either. And the shield...WOW. "Siphon of destruction extra shield gain reduced to 1/2/3/4/5 down from 6/9/12/15/18
Let's see what you did-
Reduced his shield to **** early. Barely as good as old shield late game.
Ult is now terrible, DoT will do less than 7 damage per tick (unless you've been stacking AP, in which case your squishier than eve)
Doesn't fufill any roll (can't soak enough to be an OT, can't damage enough to be a mage)
total ****.

Thanks riot, you ruined a good champ because of whiners who couldn't gank.

guess noobs are not happy until there champ is op agian. MORD i still good hey kid it just takes SKILL to play him

Asuran Ninja

11-09-2010

Quote:
kalamari125:
um dude they boosted the damage output of his ult and Q not only that but his ult now does half the damage instantly and the other half over time which is good for a low hp champ running away
so idk why your complaining about his ult (though ghost is weaker now but it doesnt last forever)

The ghost never last forever in the 1st place

DevilsWarden

11-09-2010

I love that half the people who are complaining are just morde players, really no one respects morde hes a tank who gains a shield with his attacks, hits like a dps, and even though his ghost god debuffed it's just so you don't have that 3k hp twitch instagibbing the entire team.

Istanur

11-09-2010

Do not be blind. These changes to Mordekaiser were done very carefully to try to satisfy both parties. You see, Mordekaiser was never overpowered. Mordekaiser became 'overpowered' over extensive research into the best builds. If you noticed, the Guides & Strategy forum was always cluttered with Mordekaiser debates all trying to make this character viable. Eventually, the general public knew precisely what worked, and what did not work on Mordekaiser, and being Mordekaiser, he was not a common champion to face.

He was considered underpowered back then. But with the abundance of information provided to new players on how to use Mordekaiser the rest of the community was taken by storm. They didn't know how to go up against Mordekaiser and treated him as immortal. I've said it before, his weaknesses are very glaringly obvious. Gank him, harass him. And do not ever let up.

Now, back to the changes. I think what many people are missing is that the shield gain from Siphon of Destruction, which is also his main harassment ability, was severely lowered. Check this out: extra shield gain reduced to 1/2/3/4/5 down from 6/9/12/15/18. This was said by the OP and when you think about how good Mordekaiser's line themselves up to strike all 6 minions you can see the problem here:

Your missing 30 shield each time you siphon a wave at level 1. Your missing 42 shield at level 2, and so on. The damage was also decreased on Siphon. These are massive changes, and Mordekaiser's who choose to believe they are still the same early game monster are going to have a rude awakening just like the OP has. And the Ult? Well, lets just say half the damage is negated by basic health regeneration. The ghost, while still useful is easily dispatched.

Oh, and also, his creeping death still caps out at the same damage, and his Mace of Spades is, well, I am still unsure if I like it more than the old.

Blackblade Tom

11-09-2010

mord sux now

gotito

11-09-2010

lol he got a lot of buffs and some nerfs..learn to read patchnotes brah

Vazdest

11-09-2010

people just need to learn to play all together i personally think that mord kind of got more balanced out then what he did in a nerf or buff either way a good mord can be still just as deadly as what he used to be just need to learn to play him thats all

Sheathix

11-09-2010

Mordekaisers ghost sucks balls now. Nerfed tanking ability, buffed damage, Wait..? damage? why hes a tank god ****it. You stack ap only to get out dpsed and out bursted by an annie with 1/4 the ap u got. Amazing... -.- Oh and if u go AP the chances of survival are 0.

Sarcasma

11-09-2010

Quote:
Istanur:

Your missing 30 shield each time you siphon a wave at level 1. Your missing 42 shield at level 2, and so on. The damage was also decreased on Siphon. These are massive changes, and Mordekaiser's who choose to believe they are still the same early game monster are going to have a rude awakening just like the OP has. And the Ult? Well, lets just say half the damage is negated by basic health regeneration. The ghost, while still useful is easily dispatched.

Why are so many Mordes so intent on not learning anything about what they're talking about? To quote the infamous Guinsoo...

Quote:
Guinsoo:
Here is some quick maths for you guys.

Old Siphon of Destruction rank 1 - 65 damage, 25% shield leech, +6 base = 22.25 shield per target
New Siphon of Destruction rank 1 - 65 damage, 30% shield leech, +1 base = 20.5 shield per target

Old Siphon of Destruction rank 5 - 245 damage, 25% shield leech, +18 base = 79.25 shield per target
New Siphon of Destruction rank 5 - 225 damage, 30% shield leech, +5 base = 72.5 shield per target
New Siphon of Destruction rank 5 with 40 Ability Power - 250 damage, 30% shield leech, +5 base = 80 shield per target

In reality he got a huge buff because not only does his E not do a whole lot less of anything, it's about the same and even more with AP, now his Q and his W generate more shield.