Is Riot aware that remaking Evelynn's ult will completely ruin AD Evelynn?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Majikku

11-09-2010

Maybe they don't care because they didn't design Evelynn to be an attack damage-based champion.

Crayon Puppet

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSPee View Post
I know AP Eve has nothing to do with team battles because she's single target Burst assassin. The burst part is kinda lacking, but Riot will remake her Q, W and E, which is fine for me. My problem is, I am a fan of AD Eve and remaking her ult will completely ruin her, AD Eve can kill a single target, carry games, she isn't even stealth dependent. She can pull kills with only her ultimate. She has great synergy with Ghostblade and does well with Sheen, Frozen Mallet, Infinity edge, etc. She is two times more viable in team fights. AP Eve is less Viable, lacks of major damage without Lichbane and has no way to approach enemies (yet). She deals nice single target burst, but she is not only not viable for the current meta game, she is also underpowered. Her Q,W and E are too weak. She does not require an AOE Blind to be viable. Single target bursts aren't viable for the current metagame, and if Riot wants to remake all champions viable to the current meta game they will have to remake lots of them. AP Eve will always be troubled against oracle, even with a dash and move speed bonus. What I ask is please don't remake her ultimate, Riot. Let her be a fine two way champion (not to mention, for AP eve, her ult is the only escape she has). What I eman is change her Hate Spike, buff her Hate Spike, make her Ravage a dash, replace her passive, but don't remove AD eve and her ultimate!

Yes, you might ask...

Why play AD?
Or "If you go AD, you're doing it wrong" and "AP Eve is the Way!"
While lacking of survivability, but let's face it, this is Eve herself, AD Eve can deal huge damage without being dependent on Lichbane. AD Eve can deal a great amount of physical damage and is easier to play, can help in team battles and

What makes AD Evelynn Better?
As well as "Why would I want a stealth melee carry instead of Yi or Shaco!"
AD Evelynn has more damage, instead of one 900 damage nuke, still retains her stun, if her team is dominating and she is carrying well can survive better in team battles. She is a stealthy, not so well farming version of Yi, and she has great synergy with Ghostblade.

I like AP Evelynn. She was ment to be AP and this is the way to go!
Let's face it. Corki was ment to be mage and Kassadin AD, as well as Sion was ment to hard carry at first. Well, things didn't go well. Corki's passive and GG made him dominate with AD, Kassadin's two nukes gave him a great jump-in-nuke-and-escape-easy role and Sion's nice AP ratios deal more than his basic attacks, even if these heal him a lot. The same, Eve was ment to go AP, but is more viable AD/DPS then single target burst, at least for this metagame. She also has a very usefull two target stun.

What should Eve do in team battles?
As AD, she auto attacks. As AP, all she can do is use her two target stun or focus a carry. Not viable at the current meta game. Neither will her AoE Blind make her more viable, because ONE: She will require to approach a ranged carry which will draw attention and will still be canceled by oracles TWO: Will not prevent mages and supports from CCing and initiating and THREE It deals no damage, only purpose is team battles, has no use in farming, jungling or escaping, the current one does.

Why do I care?
Aka "OMG Evelynn player low Elo HURR!" or "TL;DR"
You don't. Move along.
I'ld say AD eve is better than Yi.

Mylon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2010

I quite enjoy where Eve is currently. Well, actually she's a bit weak in the tank metagame where she's in easy reach of the 3 tanks that will take longer than 2 seconds to burst down, but versus any other team she's godly.

I play Hybrid Eve, grabbing Trinity and Hextech Gunblade.

ThanksALatte

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
You know why you should listen to Veigar on this issue over any of the character designers?

Because Veigar could probably 1v5 CLG and win, with AD Eve.
That's because ad eve is gamebreakingly overpowered. It's the champ.
Not the player.

CoolHeroBro

11-09-2010

I like how AP Eve is (potentially) a genuinely interesting and unique role (a stealth caster assassin that needs to get close to get the kill), and people try to make her LOL GUISE LOOK ANOTHER MELEE CARRY

Minrog

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSPee View Post
I like AP Evelynn. She was ment to be AP and this is the way to go!
Let's face it. Corki was ment to be mage and Kassadin AD, as well as Sion was ment to hard carry at first. Well, things didn't go well. Corki's passive and GG made him dominate with AD, Kassadin's two nukes gave him a great jump-in-nuke-and-escape-easy role and Sion's nice AP ratios deal more than his basic attacks, even if these heal him a lot. The same, Eve was ment to go AP, but is more viable AD/DPS then single target burst, at least for this metagame. She also has a very usefull two target stun.
There is breakdown in your logic. You're stating that you know the intended purpose of the characters, and mentioning the discrepancies in your analysis at the same time.

If Corki was intended to be a mage character, as you surmise, why have a passive and ability that scales off of Attack Damage? Mages don't have Attack Damage based abilities, at best you could say Corki and Kassadin were prototypes for the hybrid AP/AD builds.

Evelynn has an ultimate that is based upon melee, and her skills require melee range to do damage; even though they scale off of AP. She is probably one of the original hybrid designs as well, but that doesn't mean the character won't be changed radically.

CaptainSoda

11-09-2010

I don't get why Riot is saying that they want to balance champions for high competitive play and low competitive (Where I am I guess)

Where I play, heroes like Nunu, Akali, Shen, Rammus, are considered overpowered. So is more or less every here that can jungle (Olaf, Udyr, Warwick, etc.) Yet heroes like Nunu and Akali are considered pretty bad by competitive and continually dominated games in bottom tier, yet Riot is not nerfing them.

The "Balance for 2 competitive scenes," is a bullcrap arguement. Pick one, either high ELO or low ELO and balance for it.

Arcanist

11-09-2010

Don't ruin AD Evelynn, nerf ravage anymore or change her ultimate's passive please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSoda View Post
I don't get why Riot is saying that they want to balance champions for high competitive play and low competitive (Where I am I guess)

Where I play, heroes like Nunu, Akali, Shen, Rammus, are considered overpowered. So is more or less every here that can jungle (Olaf, Udyr, Warwick, etc.) Yet heroes like Nunu and Akali are considered pretty bad by competitive and continually dominated games in bottom tier, yet Riot is not nerfing them.

The "Balance for 2 competitive scenes," is a bullcrap arguement. Pick one, either high ELO or low ELO and balance for it.
Akali is OP with a few tank items.

CoolHeroBro

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSoda View Post

Their original intention was to balance for competitive play.

But before the game was even released they realized they'd end up like DotA (read: a tryhard circlejerk) if they didn't make it newbie-friendly. You've seen it here on the forums. Children and baddies whining about how X champion is soooooo op because they're too lazy or too new to figure out how to counter them. Imagine that but tenfold because Riot assumes you know the game mechanics and can actually deal with champions' strengths and weaknesses and gimmicks.

And they sure as hell wouldn't throw away the competitive scene just to support the baddies.

Zarifes

11-09-2010

AD takes so long to get kicking...I played countless custom games against bots as AD eve in her last free week.

It worked, sure. But you basically need to rush a Triforce for it to be comparable to other AD champs. That in it's own, makes it not worth it since the cost of Triforce is so high, that it takes you a **** ton of gold to get it while still buying survivability because she's so ****in squishy.