Is Riot aware that remaking Evelynn's ult will completely ruin AD Evelynn?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imhuge

11-09-2010

they already rejected that remake, who knows what she'll actually get

LOLno

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kama Toki View Post
Riot has decided that instead of remaking evelynn, they would rather delete her.

The sad part is, I'm not even trolling.
If you aren't trolling, I'd like to see a related post by a red.

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLno View Post
If you aren't trolling, I'd like to see a related post by a red.
You responded to the troll.
The troll has been fed.
The troll just defeated you.

HateYerGuts

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kama Toki View Post
Riot has decided that instead of remaking evelynn, they would rather delete her.

The sad part is, I'm not even trolling.
I wish they actually would. I'm tired of stealth classes and all the problems they present balance wise. Eve isn't really that interesting of a character. Delete her and save us all some trouble (and posts like this).

Veigar

Producer

11-09-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Are we aware that remaking Evelynn's ult will completely ruin AD Evelynn?

The answer is yes, we do know about the current AD build for Evelynn and will keep it in mind when we actually do come out with the remake. The important thing to be mindful of is that we're trying to make Evelynn feel better to play as and against on a holistic level. So ideally, the remade version will have fun and engaging playstyles for both AD and AP builds. But we're not just going to be buffing numbers for her until she's S tier; she's going to require some bigger mechanics changes and if we find that defining her purpose/role on a team in a specific way results in a ton more fun than she currently has with the side-effect of making her AD build less viable, we may still go for it.

eSPee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeigarTheHorrible View Post

The answer is yes, we do know about the current AD build for Evelynn and will keep it in mind when we actually do come out with the remake. The important thing to be mindful of is that we're trying to make Evelynn feel better to play as and against on a holistic level. So ideally, the remade version will have fun and engaging playstyles for both AD and AP builds. But we're not just going to be buffing numbers for her until she's S tier; she's going to require some bigger mechanics changes and if we find that defining her purpose/role on a team in a specific way results in a ton more fun than she currently has with the side-effect of making her AD build less viable, we may still go for it.
So that's why it's been taking soo long...

Anyway, AP Eve's problem, IMO, is that she has sustained damage and low survivability. Unless other Burst Mages, she can't deal the same damage as fast, without being focused. The Spell Vamp was fine. Dash on E was fine. At least implement these by now. What's there to loose? I Ravage enemies before attacking them anyway!

Preacherboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSPee View Post
Anyway, AP Eve's problem, IMO, is that she has sustained damage and low survivability. Unless other Burst Mages, she can't deal the same damage as fast, without being focused. The Spell Vamp was fine. Dash on E was fine. At least implement these by now. What's there to loose? I Ravage enemies before attacking them anyway!
The problem is at the lower levels of play eve is already S tier because they don't know how to handle her. any buffs to her make her game breaking against newer players. So fixing her is a delicate issue.

I love the small buff she received my favorite was that she no longer unstealths on attack animation but when damage is actually done. This was badly needed.

SlyGoat

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeigarTheHorrible View Post

You know why you should listen to Veigar on this issue over any of the character designers?

Because Veigar could probably 1v5 CLG and win, with AD Eve.

GiPi

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacherboy View Post
The problem is at the lower levels of play eve is already S tier because they don't know how to handle her. any buffs to her make her game breaking against newer players. So fixing her is a delicate issue.

I love the small buff she received my favorite was that she no longer unstealths on attack animation but when damage is actually done. This was badly needed.
Any stealthed champ is S tier in low elo, this is not relevant.

SlyGoat

11-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacherboy View Post

I don't believe this. Even playing against the worst possible players, Eve takes more skill to use than other pubstompers simply because her numerical damage output is far from astonishing and her survivability is fairly low with your typical build. An Eve player doing well in low Elo will quickly find themselves in a more suitable environment anyway, as with any pubstomp champion.