How do yo raise your MMR?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PeteYPete

04-14-2013

^

I've been winning and losing ranked games for a while, my win loss ratio is a little bit over 50%, but I'm still losing points. What is the reason for this clenching of point gain when you're close to promotion for the next division? I've played against plats and beaten them and yet I'm somehow not good enough to receive more than 6 points for a win?

Lame Dude

04-14-2013

Consecutive wins seems to be the only way.

Appendixless

04-14-2013

When your MMR exceeds the MMR required for the next division you wont get clamped at 90 LP or whatever

Cronic

04-14-2013

It really depends on what division you're in. If you're getting 6 points for a win, I would assume that you're in division 1 of maybe gold? Due to that, before going into Plat, you really have to prove yourself to the game that you can stand up and beat them. This system is a bunch of "to go into this tier, you have to be as good as division III of said tier"(in my opinion). If I was right and you're in Gold 1 or Silver 1 or Plat 1 or something, then I think you just have to tough it out. When you get into a higher tier, it will probably get easier.
If you're not in a division I, then disregard that. xD...
If you're not in a division I, read this: Maybe, due to your losing streak that you have been on, your MMR has dropped and the game essentially doesn't believe you deserve to rank up. Winning more than 50% of your games is good, but maybe just recently, your MMR has dropped so much that you need to win a hell of a lot of games to get it back up. Also, before promos, points always drop. I've never gotten 6 because my MMR is higher than my division normally, but i have gotten like 9 and 12 once or twice. It's perfectly understandable for you to think it's ridiculous for you to get such low amounts of LP, but, really, I know people who get 3 and 2 points from silver V when they're at 0...
My best advice would just be win more(but that's mean and I'm sorry). Try to get you're next few games winning like at a 90% or 80% win ratio, because that will definitely help. I went on a 12 win streak with my friend and he went from getting 15 LP at the beginning of the division to 26 LP at the end, then he skipped a division.
Sorry if this was too long... It is mostly what I have grasped from research I have done about the new system.
Hope it was helpful

m0neyshot45

04-15-2013

Is there a way to check your MMR?
Having the same issue as many with the frustration of gaining a few LP per win versus losing many LP per loss and trying to promote to next tier. Just wanted to know if you could check your MMR and see a possible light at the end of the tunnel.