Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[rant] Help me please...by backside hurts.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M4nTiCoR3

11-09-2010

Ok, first of all I dont make many of these threads...but this was just too frustrating to not at least ask for some help with. First a little background...I am a realtivly new player to the game. Less than a year of experience in LoL, but a pretty solid RTS/ARGP gamer. I have about 900 games under my belt and am +30 in W/L ratios. I mainly play unranked, and really enjoy playing TT...or use to enjoy anyways.

Recently I have noticed a lot of threads detailing how champions xyz are OP, perticularly in TT. I dont usually put much stock in such claims and do my best to give advice if i have any, since i have a pretty good grasp on handling most of the common foes in TT now. Then it happend...

Mundo...Mordekiaser...Tryandemere

Three of the most feared champs to enter the TT arena, all on a premade and looking for blood. My team was in shock, but decided to put up our best effort. We were solid, but it just didnt matter. At 20 min in the score was an even 20-20...yet we had lost all our towers, inhibitors and hadn't pushed a single one in return. Every team fight for the last 3-5 min was a rape fest with us getting 1 or two kills and them aceing our team and pushing like a lady in labor.

This was the epitomy of lame...I can understand if they were fed more than us, or had some hard counters to our team...but no. They just raped face with nothing more than equal ground the whole game. I can easily handle a single one of these guys. Hell i even was soling 2v1 and winning cuz they were so cocky once my lane mate died sevreal times in the early goings. But all three of them in one team was just too much. They all require similar types of skills, spells, and tactics to counter well, and no team can hope to have enough ignites...exahusts...and other similar CC that help shut them down. To put it bluntly, i am begining to wonder if the general balance in TT is broken beyond repair. It has always been worse than SR, but i seemed to have enough experince to make it a worthwhile pursuit. I am afraid my only salvation may be to play ranked 3v3...which i abhore atm. I dont have enough friends i consistantly play TT with to form a team worthy of playng premades the few games i get in each day. If there were a ranked solo que 3v3 with no premades id consider it...but as it is i just can't.

feel free to give me any advice, but I already know all the usual tactics for dealing with each of the three enemies. Its all of them together that felt so overwhelming im not sure we ever really had a chance...even when hagging even with them in the K/D department. I am very tempted to simply leave when i see this team i the future, but i hate leaving and like the extra IP i get over time from my streak...so I wont. It just all feels so futile.

Catmuffins

Recruiter

11-09-2010

what about Garen, Galio, and amumu with 2 Sunfire capes each?

if the trouble you were having was when all 3 are together

Dunkstiks

11-09-2010

Knockback effects. The best way to break up the chaos. Slows and Knockbacks will help any team dominate in 3v3. Mundo/Morde/Tryn is basically a tank combo, already hard enough to beat. Focus Morde -> Mundo -> Tryn, Tryn will just dominate anyone if he tanks the dmg and starts critting u every sec for 500+ Morde can count as 2 people if he gets his ghost off, but mundo imo has better survivability therefore Morde would be considered the squishy. Build Armor, the greater end of their damage will be physical. A randuins to slow their melee, and banshee veils across the board to stop them pesky cleavers / morde ult.

simplygnome

11-12-2010

Incorrect, Mordes damage will hit hard, and will be almost all magical.

atsmith893

11-12-2010

Quote:
gap81:
aceing our team and pushing like a lady in labor.

Just found this absolutely hilarious.

Seriously though, why aren't you banning these champs in TT or are you not playing ranked? Also if you can't beat them join them, if you are not playing ranked and you can't overcome a strategy or team setup you could just play it yourself.

As a counter, the only thing I could think of are lots of CC, stuns, slows ect. This is important to prevent morde from refilling his shield, also very important for keeping tryn off you when he is raging.

You would also want someone to shield the poor soul morde picks to ult. Ignites/exhausts would be a must for summoner spells. Then lots of cc champs, shen isn't bad for the ult to counter mordes ult, other champs do have shields though that would be useful as well.

Ignited mundo is pretty easy to kill though. Kill order should be ignite mundo and cc / rape his face. Shield the carry that just got mordes ult on him. Focus tryn and force tryn to ult, then exhuast, he cleanses, exhaust him again, more cc on him, focus morde, go back to tryn when his ult is up, finish the job. Now run... morde is invincible on TT... Or try to CC and silence him to hopefully kill him. Hopefully you negated mordes ult so he doesn't have the boost from his ghost.

Obviously this is all very situational and hypothetical, if you are playing ranked just ban those champs, if you aren't you would never know they picked them and could never counter, unless you just assumed every team picked them and always used the counter.

DrDragun

11-12-2010

They are beasts but it can be done. I would say you will always be at a disadvantage with these 3 though.

Try counterpicking them.

Heimerdinger (AoE blind, can carry DFG, can turtle)
Olaf (Lifesteal based hero can outlast Mundo and Morde)
Xin Zhao (Ultimate scales with enemy life, can carry Bloodrazor)

With 3 exhausts/ignites.

Or whatever

Runix

11-12-2010

Some general suggestions:

Play ranked and Ban them or pick them first. Constantly playing unranked is asking to get hit by "perfect" premade teams.

Get three Ignites (as per DrDragun's suggestion above.) Again, this is possible if you are playing Ranked, rather than Normal. Ignite is the anti-Mundo and works very well at killing Tryndamere just as Undying Rage wears off.

Pick Kog'maw. There is the difficulty of keeping him safe, but he is the hard counter to tank-heavy teams.

Pick Olaf or Warwick. Olaf has a very strong late game, but takes time to get there, so Warwick may be a better choice for mid-game. The idea is to build up melee damage combined with lifesteal, which should help you outlast the tanks.

Build Madred's Bloodrazor. Not easy on Twisted Treeline where it's difficult to farm to, but it may be worth playing defensively early game until you can get it built out.

Pick Singed. He doesn't do heavy damage, but he can steadily wear the enemy team down, and what's best, he has very strong combat control, his goo can keep the enemy team slowed down, and his Fling can help isolate them to be focused down one at a time.

M4nTiCoR3

11-12-2010

Yeah, it was a sad day for me on TT. I know K/D dont mean squat in the long run...but we had even kill deaths and easily 2x the farming they had on minions...yet we still couldnt win aq fight. It's not like our team was bad either...if anything I would say we played almost as good as we could to keep it as close as we did.

Playing ranked would be the easy answer to this...but I just havnt found the right pair of players to play ranked with yet...and as i recall you must have a premade team to play TT ranked. As i said before...I know most of the tricks to illing morde, try, and mundo...but when they all 3 require the same summoner spells and your team doesnt initally grab 3 ignite/exaust because its not ranked where you can see your opponnents, well its just bad when you see these teams.

I only play champs I enjoy winning with...and none of them have made my list yet, so the "if you can't beat em, join 'em doesnt really work for me right now either. I have thought about picking up Morde or even Try sometime down the road, but there are a lot of other champs in line ahead of them that will get their dedicated week of play before these guys...with the newest champ on the horizon being one of them. I have no intrest in mundo or his charachter style...so all you mundo pickers out there are mundo safe with that mundo mundo.

Bloodrazor woud have been nice, but its hard to change gears and farm it up in less than 20 min on TT when your in the fight we were. I cant remember if anyone bothered to even try to get it. I was tanking i think, so it wasnt for me.

Thank's everyone for the advice, it was more of a ran't than anything...but i'm glad my own thoughts on how to counter this aren't too far off from the rest of the community.

ZiegfriedX

11-12-2010

Quote:
gap81:
once my lane mate died sevreal times in the early goings.

By any chance, did he die to Tryndamere?

If Tryndamere got the kills, no wonder you got roflstomped. Once a Tryndamere starts killing, there's very little (other than Exhaust and some solid CC) that can stop him, due to his build being very reliant on gold.

Quite honestly, you just faced a really tanky build. All-Tank builds are VERY VERY hard to beat under any circumstance, and this is no exception.

What you needed to do is basically focus a LOT of attention on taking Tryndamere DOWN first and foremost, before he gets to level 6. He is one of the most dangerous physical carries, IF he manages to get everything he wants. If he doesn't get the right equipment sets before showing up at fights, he gets destroyed, period, and slowing him down on the early game dooms him to be completely ineffectual later on in the game.

Ebonclaw

11-13-2010

Quote:
ZiegfriedX:

If Tryndamere got the kills, no wonder you got roflstomped. Once a Tryndamere starts killing, there's very little (other than Exhaust and some solid CC) that can stop him, due to his build being very reliant on gold.

This. By the end game, really, he could have been teamed with Eve and Teemo, and do pretty much the same thing to your team. He's a butcher, and they just opted to "insert 2 no-CC tanks" to screen for him and hold you guys off so he could get to chopping.