Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The True Glass Cannon Kassadin: Stacking AP Like It's Your Birthday

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rayzilla

02-17-2010

this guide rocks, and mejai is awesome. 220 ap for 1200 gold? = win.

+1

Quote:
Gigg:
I'd like to tel the world a nice trick I found

It's someone any other caster can't do anything about.

But, you must have golem buff and a elixir to do it.
Edit : You also need the cd redction from offense and utility.

Just riftwalk back an other 2.6 seconds after.

Take the flash summoner spell and you don't need any CD redux. What's even more fun is to double flash from their outer mid turret to yours, while hit with Ryze's cage the entire time. C: after a few times, he'll just stop attacking you completely.

kijik

Recruiter

02-17-2010

replace the tear of the failess with RoA and you're golden, end game you'll run around with about 2.2k hp with the RoA alone as your HP item.

I didn't read the guide much, I'll just comment on the effort that was put in it and leave it at that, I don't feel like an argument atm, considering I have a very serious issue with tear on kassadin. So nice well thought out and full guide, rawr etc.

AIM7Sparrow

02-18-2010

A preface to all comments:

I'm currently rather busy with school so I haven't had time to fully update my guide. The items and runes sections in particular have seen significant changes since I last wrote this guide. I will get to it when things settle down. I am however updating bit by bit with replies so check the latter pages in this thread to see more updated builds and whatnot.

@DemonicFerret: As stated above the runes section will be seeing a major update once I fully figure it out. I've actually stopped using AP altogether although it can still work, especially if you get a Zhonya's for the boost. My current thoughts however are definitely magic penetration for red and quints. Blue is tricky and I'd rather wait and see what works the best before posting a misleading answer. Yellow is pretty much open to whatever survivability you feel like you need the most, armor being the favorite of many players.

@Opaqus: Again, my apologies for not being able to update the original post of this guide. With the re-work of Mejai's, some extra HP is now called for on Kassadin. He is a rather close-range caster and dieing now loses AP stacks so we need some extra survivability. Banshee's veil is my item of choice for this since it will save you a stun while giving you a solid chunk of HP and mana. If you anticipate a long game, getting the RoA immediately after Mejai's is also acceptable.

@Ryzilla: Thanks! =D As for CDR in the mastery trees, it's pretty much mandatory on any caster. Besides, there's really nothing else to get.

@Kijik: Haha, well if you aren't up for a debate* (not argument =P), then I'll respect that. Thanks for the comments though. I actually do get a RoA if I anticipate a long-lasting game or if the enemy team is especially damage heavy. I'll never replace the tear though, =P.

Opaqus

02-19-2010

I can't seem to gank that well with this guy. TP in, FP, NS, and they still have a chunk left. He only seems to be at full potential lategame, and that's just lame to me. :\ Hard to solo the golem too.

IDK.

Edit: Heavily item-dependent, I mean. Kinda like most melee chars. Total turn off for me, unless I am playing him wrong.

AIM7Sparrow

02-20-2010

Quote:
Opaqus:
I can't seem to gank that well with this guy. TP in, FP, NS, and they still have a chunk left. He only seems to be at full potential lategame, and that's just lame to me. :\ Hard to solo the golem too.

IDK.

Edit: Heavily item-dependent, I mean. Kinda like most melee chars. Total turn off for me, unless I am playing him wrong.

if you're following my updated build which can be found two or three pages before this you should be able to kill most non-tank champs at around half hp if they aren't too close to their tower. your force pulse slow combined with silence will allow you a couple free swings at them and hopefully your slow will keep them within range for another null sphere and a couple of stacked riftwalks.

kijik

Recruiter

02-20-2010

Quote:
Umbrage:
Heads up Kassadin vs other can be tough early on; you need to find a time during your laning period to drop a couple Null Spheres on them to get them within kill range, or get a partner who can stun / harass.

If you're running a similar rune / mastery set-up as me (AP quints, AP/lvl glyphs, mpen marks, Ignite / Exhaust 10/0/20) a damage maxing chain at level 6 of Exhaust->Ignite->Riftwalk->R2 Null Sphere->R3 Force Pulse->autoattack will do ~670 damage, and the opponents will have ~900 HP. The ignite bonus is pretty big here, as it's unmitigated 200 accounts for nearly 30% of that damage, and the extra 10 AP gives about 18 more damage.

sounds like my build, how're the mpen marks workin out for ya? I've been kinda lookin at my runes and wonderin about if I should switch things up.

sorry sniper for intruding on your thread with me own agenda here, just popped in to look and see how the discussion is goin and had to ask mr. umbrage here a question :P

AdrenaLin

02-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrage (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=699328#post699328)
Heads up Kassadin vs other can be tough early on; you need to find a time during your laning period to drop a couple Null Spheres on them to get them within kill range, or get a partner who can stun / harass.

If you're running a similar rune / mastery set-up as me (AP quints, AP/lvl glyphs, mpen marks, Ignite / Exhaust 10/0/20) a damage maxing chain at level 6 of Exhaust->Ignite->Riftwalk->R2 Null Sphere->R3 Force Pulse->autoattack will do ~670 damage, and the opponents will have ~900 HP. The ignite bonus is pretty big here, as it's unmitigated 200 accounts for nearly 30% of that damage, and the extra 10 AP gives about 18 more damage.

I agree.. I run the same exact thing, I use burning embers, and I run Mpen, plus flat Ap.. I do it so I can ignite and lvl 1 have 40 AP with 8.5 Mpen.. it works great, i thought about taking out my mana runes (Glyphs) for something else, but i find it help a lot.. Even with Dorans.

Opaqus

02-20-2010

Yeah no, still can't get anything. I feel like a weaker version of Morgana, with less utility. It's pretty bad. :\

kijik

Recruiter

02-20-2010

Quote:
Opaqus:
Yeah no, still can't get anything. I feel like a weaker version of Morgana, with less utility. It's pretty bad. :\

only reason I can see for this stands to be your playstyle man, Kass is an amazing hero, but due to his design he has a ridiculous skill ceiling, and only caters to certain players' playstyles, if you're deadset on playing him, read my guide for a bit of a walkthrough on what to do, if not, I'd let it go :P

AIM7Sparrow

02-22-2010

Morganna isn't even really a strong caster to begin with so not sure how you feel like a weaker version than her. And I completely agree with kijik with regards to the high skill ceiling. You need to keep at it and practice. You'll learn soon enough.