Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The True Glass Cannon Kassadin: Stacking AP Like It's Your Birthday

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AIM7Sparrow

02-05-2010

Just a quick update, I've been having success with the following build.

Sapphire Crystal + 2 HP Pots
-> Tear of the Godess
Boots 1
Meja's Soulstealer
-> Sorc Shoes
Catalyst OR Negatron Cloak
-> Banshee's Veil
-> Archangel's Staff
Zhonya's Ring

Yeah, I know the Banshee's veil makes this not a "True Glass Cannon" but since dieing is unacceptable with the new meja's, a banshee's veil is gotten to help out with survivability. In particular, you riftwalk into a battle, blow your combo, absorb a stun, and make it safely back out most of the time. If you REALLY need more survivability go for Rod of Ages as soon as you finish veil. I'll fully update the guide in the future, but for now, anyone who wants, try out that build and let me know what you think. Peace.

Flurry

02-05-2010

omg sry but this guide is quite ****ty.

1. The guide only works if u play solo and dont care about teamplay. Lategame casters arent a real threat to the enemies. So you should match your playstyle in the end to a disabling und killing the enemies dmg dealer playstyle.

2. jumping into the enemies is quite silly because with your guide u only have 1300 hp??? ull go down in a real team fight. in lategame u should try to use your riftwalk not to jump in but rather to jump out ^^ your pulse is your biggest dmg source as kass, go in disable a caster or disabler who could be dangerous to u, cast your pulese and get out of range. well atleast thats how u should play with a real team, public is something else but this guide totally lacks teamplay although kass is a superb plus to the team with his slow aoe cast and his long disable.

I also used to play him kind of like u but this only works well as long as your enemies suck and have not disablers or teamplay. If they have, ur just going to feed them and are an easy kill. Besides its so easy to have about 2500 hp in lategame and 2500 mana with 600 ap, all in all ur guide isnt the real deal sry.

To make this clear, your guide is great if u play solo and dont have a team, im just saying, that this guide istn for good players in teamfights.

greetz

Swift Ghost

Recruiter

02-05-2010

Quote:
Flurry:

1. The guide only works if u play solo and dont care about teamplay. Lategame casters arent a real threat to the enemies. So you should match your playstyle in the end to a disabling und killing the enemies dmg dealer playstyle.

2. jumping into the enemies is quite silly because with your guide u only have 1300 hp??? ull go down in a real team fight. in lategame u should try to use your riftwalk not to jump in but rather to jump out ^^ your pulse is your biggest dmg source as kass, go in disable a caster or disabler who could be dangerous to u, cast your pulese and get out of range. well atleast thats how u should play with a real team, public is something else but this guide totally lacks teamplay although kass is a superb plus to the team with his slow aoe cast and his long disable.

I also used to play him kind of like u but this only works well as long as your enemies suck and have not disablers or teamplay. If they have, ur just going to feed them and are an easy kill. Besides its so easy to have about 2500 hp in lategame and 2500 mana with 600 ap, all in all ur guide isnt the real deal sry.

To make this clear, your guide is great if u play solo and dont have a team, im just saying, that this guide istn for good players in teamfights.

greetz

Well I realise this is Sniperness' guide and he should be defending him self but I'd jsut like to have my own say.

This isn't dota how casters are near useless late game. That why there's ability power. Caster are good the whole game, jsut as anyone else is now.

You should should silence their main disable so you survive and You don't initiate so they would've used their disable when you go in. Disables often come first. By the time your silence wears off you should have another riftwalk. For dps'er you have exhaust (though I realise this isn't somehting to be relied open, having a long cd) AND you slow their movespeed with pulse. Now the pulse needs 6 charges. This can be a problem but in team fights I find My force pusle is charge again the moment I use it xD. I think the cooldown is 5 seconds and slow is 3 seconds so you can keep them slow 60% of the time.

Also the fact that he deals massive burst damage means that he could kill off the disabler (as long as it isn't a tank like Taric or Sion). I believe this build is very viable. In fact I use it alot (thanks Sniperness!).

Empyron

02-05-2010

Try this out. Sapphire Crystal + 2 health pots. Trip back, catalyst. Next boots 1. Then Mejai's and either Sorc boots or Merc Treads. Build towards Lich Bane or if you're getting harassed by spellcasters, turn catalyst into banshee's and then lich bane. Lastly Abyssal Scepter/Zhonya's (never get this far).

Final build:

Sorc boots/merc treads
Mejai's
Banshee's Veil
Lich Bane
Abyssal Scepter
Zhonya's.

AP, health/mana, magic resist from banshee's, move speed + AP gets added to melee damage (for taking down towers, last hitting after a rift walk etc.), Abyssal/Sorc boots for Magic Pen. Zhonya's for extra AP which as I said game never goes that far.

Gigg

02-05-2010

Quote:
Sniperness:
Just a quick update, I've been having success with the following build.

-> Tear of the Godess
Boots 1
Meja's Soulstealer
-> Sorc Shoes
Catalyst OR Negatron Cloak
-> Banshee's Veil
-> Archangel's Staff
Zhonya's Ring

Each time I have ran that built, I end up having great success. So now I run it often. I get it in a different order.

-> Tear of the Godess
Meja's Soulstealer
Sorc Shoes
Negatron Cloak (If it's getting hard, else, I skip to zonias)
Zhonya's Ring
-> Banshee's Veil
-> Archangel's Staff

+Some elixirs in those

Cloak is generally enough to make you survive alot of nukes, which is mostly the only thing that hits you. Thanks to force pulse to give us the capacity to kite a melee champ for 3 seconds.

Also, if their team is caster heavy, Abyssal scepter + banshee = 60% magic dmg reduce which is enough to make you survive alot.

And if game is taking 60min+, selling boots for lichbane makes you an incredible tower pusher. You hit those for 700+ (around 1/3 of the max health)

Also, I saw again a few posts with 'But when I riftwalk in, I get killed' With that built, you can't riftwalk in... You walk in. So you can adapt to the situation about how to use that riftwalk.

AIM7Sparrow

02-10-2010

Quote:
Flurry:

greetz

Well, I'm saddened by your rudeness and lack of experience as well.

1. "Team play" isn't so brutishly straightforward as a 5 man crew running down midlane towards the enemy tower while engaging any enemies the instant they happen to see them. That's how it seems like you are making it out to be. Team play is in fact your tankier characters understanding they need to initiate and distract enemies so that your squishy Kassadin can jump in and deal some heavy burst damage and make it back out safely, reset his cooldowns, and jump back in and do it again in 4 seconds. That's what a teamfight is. (Very simply and crudely explained but you get the point.)

2. Someone already addressed how you seem to have this game confused with DOTA. Your comment on casters being useless late-game alone discredits anything you typed above and I probably don't even have to respond to defend myself but I thought I'd try and enlighten you a bit. Obviously you've never faced a good Annie or Veigar late game.

3. I appreciate you telling me Force Pulse is Kassadin's biggest source of damage. Many of us did not know that until your post and I will be adding it to my guide and giving you complete credit for its discovery immediately.

4. "It's easy to get 2500 HP, 2500 MP, 600 AP late game." Wow, if it's easy for you to have that much HP, Mana, and AP I want to know your item build. Because even with my original build of, Archangels, Zhonya's, Pre-patch SoulStealer, and Lichbane, I couldn't hit 600 AP, let alone the 2500 HP.

To make this clear, you lack any advanced understanding of Kassadin, or even this game in general, and you aren't the real deal.

I'd like to end with: "Kass is a superb plus to the team..."

I'd actually rate him as mid-low tier.

"greetz"

AIM7Sparrow

02-10-2010

Quote:
Swift Ghost:
Well I realise this is Sniperness' guide and he should be defending him self but I'd jsut like to have my own say.

This isn't dota how casters are near useless late game. That why there's ability power. Caster are good the whole game, jsut as anyone else is now.

You should should silence their main disable so you survive and You don't initiate so they would've used their disable when you go in. Disables often come first. By the time your silence wears off you should have another riftwalk. For dps'er you have exhaust (though I realise this isn't somehting to be relied open, having a long cd) AND you slow their movespeed with pulse. Now the pulse needs 6 charges. This can be a problem but in team fights I find My force pusle is charge again the moment I use it xD. I think the cooldown is 5 seconds and slow is 3 seconds so you can keep them slow 60% of the time.

Also the fact that he deals massive burst damage means that he could kill off the disabler (as long as it isn't a tank like Taric or Sion). I believe this build is very viable. In fact I use it alot (thanks Sniperness!).

I appreciate your comments! You seem to have the right idea on what to do.

Just to re-iterate, yes, you wait until after initiation by a different member on your team to jump in and blow your combo. If they still somehow have another stun or snare, that's what you have the Banshee's veil for. DPS'ers are actually your least concern. You have more base move speed than any ranged DPS in the game and melee DPS champions should never be a problem for you in terms of chasing/escaping. (Part of the reason we get our mana pool so high is to be able to kite and escape.) And yes, you have force pulse if need be. Again, yes, in teamfights, almost always your charges for force pulse will finish before its cooldown resets so damage output and maintaining slow shouldn't be a problem, remember you can always charge it yourself with a rift-walk or two, (again, a benefit of the large mana pool.) Good observations.

All in all, probably your biggest threats are the hard-core nuking spellcasters like Annie and Veigar. Annie can just mess you up without even trying if she's smart, stunning with Q instead of Tibbers to ensure it hits you, and Veigar can kill you faster than anyone in the game thanks to him stealing your massive amounts of AP and adding to his own massive amounts of AP as well as him using your own massive amounts of MP for additional massive amounts of damage. Frankly, his Ult alone might be enough to kill you late enough into the game. Be wary.

Good luck and you're welcome Swift! xD

Gigg

02-10-2010

I'd like to tel the world a nice trick I found

It's someone any other caster can't do anything about.

But, you must have golem buff and a elixir to do it.
Edit : You also need the cd redction from offense and utility.

So, there is a lonly caster in a lane, you come from the wood. The goal is to riftwalk almost on them and throw a silence as soon as possible. Then you force pulse and auto autoattack a few times. By the end of the 2.6 seconds cooldown or so of your riftwalk, you riftwalk out before the silence even got away. If you had a decent game start, you at least took off 50% of the hp of that caster and you got out without recieving any dommages. Just riftwalk back an other 2.6 seconds after.

I know you will not find lonely casters often, but when it happens, it's always fun. Also, since it takes you less then 3 seconds to do it, even if their team is near, you have enough time to get away and if a team fight starts right after, they have an half health caster on their side, giving your team the advantage.

You can also scout in some brush, position yourself in front in the direction you believe the enemy team might come from. The first one that you see, you shoot silence first then slow and get the hell away toward your team. It can make that said player to get mad cause you did that 4 times and make him chase you to your team. The target cannot do ****, because when you appear(out of bush stealth), the silence hits so the worst thing you'll recieve is 1 auto attack from a range. If they are too close to each other and cannot silence safely, just riftwalk away.

Also, I tried some wierd positionning for team fights that actually worked out against a team that had 2 top 100 in it. (Malphite, nidalee, alistar, annie and trist I think) Whenever I would see a team fight coming, I tried to get my teleporting ass completely behind the enemy line. I would walk toward their caster/ranged dps line silence, slow and rift walk backwards. It happened to mess with their brain alot cause they did'nt knew what to to. Either they would chase me down, which they could not cause i was already behind a wall with rift, or they would just freak out running toward melee line to avoid my spells. In both situation, they stopped attacking. Thus, giving maybe 1 or 2 seconds to our team to make dommage withouth gettting nuked by trist.
One thing though, I've only done that against a team that had not both fiddle / annie / infinite amouth of ranged CC. And I was in a 5 man.

Highly risky, but seems to work well.

Waddaya think?

DemonicFerret

02-12-2010

First of all, this is a great guide that has inspired me to much success.

My question is this: Given the recent buff to flat AP runes, does your stance on them change at all? I find that with the extra kills I can get from early AP, my extra gold and Soulstealer stacks more than make up for the AP loss compared to scaling runes at higher level.

Thoughts?

Opaqus

02-17-2010

This seems like a great guide, and you do seem to know what you're talking about, especially in your retorts to naysayers, but is it really not worth it to get HP for lategame? He seems so much squishier than most casters, it looks like he'd die to any AoE.

I'm interested in playing Kass though, so I'll bookmark this guide.

Thanks!