Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The True Glass Cannon Kassadin: Stacking AP Like It's Your Birthday

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Senate

Recruiter

01-14-2010

Quote:
Sniperness:
I've tried it on Kassadin

I wouldn't recommend completing it early game either, but I think you should try getting the Lucky Pick and sitting on it until you numb down the total price a couple hundred gold or more.

And if you realize you don't need it, just wait till the pick matures and trade it out for something else. It seems like a win-win to me. How pressed for gold are you at the 10 minute mark?

AIM7Sparrow

01-14-2010

the problem is you're confusing in game with out of game. I don't spend any money on bringing teleport with me. I do have to spend money on my shoes though. And since I am trying to inflict as much burst magic damage as possible, sorc shoes are what I get. Also, teleport is still better than boots for getting back to your lane faster (and again it's free.) Why spend money on an item that helps you lane faster when you could've just brought teleport and buy things that instead help you make money faster during your precious laning time.

lastly, I mentioned in my guide that I don't like to even upgrade my boots 1 until the late game usually. Kassadin doesn't really need to upgrade them. read that section of the guide for more detail and let me know if I've persuaded you. (give my way a try =P)

AIM7Sparrow

01-14-2010

there's no summoner spell (bar smite) that let's you train as effectively and consistently as teleport does for kassadin. there however are better items you can buy that let you accomplish your goal of being a glass cannon.

Boots of mobility is just a luxury. Running faster is nice but doesn't really help you.

AIM7Sparrow

01-14-2010

Quote:
The Senate:
I wouldn't recommend completing it early game either, but I think you should try getting the Lucky Pick and sitting on it until you numb down the total price a couple hundred gold or more.

And if you realize you don't need it, just wait till the pick matures and trade it out for something else. It seems like a win-win to me. How pressed for gold are you at the 10 minute mark?

That seems reasonable to me. Especially since you emphasize not always finishing it. With the cost decrease though you'd have to wait 5 minutes and 40 seconds just to knock off 200 gold so if you do indeed finish it you won't have saved much. Still paying 2400 gold for unneeded stats.

But again, I respect the legitimacy of DFG allowing you to be more independent and solo gank people much more aggressively.

Swift Ghost

Recruiter

01-14-2010

I would like: Evelynn is the absolute best the absolute best to lane against. Her constant spam of hate Spike is extremely good for your force pulse

AIM7Sparrow

01-14-2010

I don't think you're a jerk at all! We're all on the same side here, trying to find the best way to build the character! Very nice calculations. The only thing I have to say is what about 15% penetration from 9 points into offensive tree. >.<

But yes, I'd probably swap in mpen for red runes. Your math has convinced me. The shoes though, I need to think about more, since we already have 15% pen from masteries. It goes a bit beyond math in this case because Zhonya's gives you the 500 chunk of mana as well which is critical for my playstyle since I am constantly stacking riftwalks. This in turn relates to how much damage I can do beyond just pure AP vs. mpen calculations. If having 500 extra mana makes the difference between being able to riftstack x6 onto someone for a killer gank then I'd much rather take that over the shoes first. Not to mention it works the other way by letting you riftstack quickly away from enemies when you're in trouble. I still stand by the shoes being for speed primarily and mpen 2ndary. Both are important, don't get me wrong, (don't go saying so why don't you get boots of mobility, lol), but I usually leave them at boots 1 because:
-early in the game hardly anyone has magic resist,
-you don't need the speed of boots 2 thanks to riftwalk
-it's important to build a large mana pool as quickly as you can (part of the reason I rush Zhonya's)

let me know what you think.

AIM7Sparrow

01-14-2010

Quote:
Swift Ghost:
I would like: Evelynn is the absolute best the absolute best to lane against. Her constant spam of hate Spike is extremely good for your force pulse

yeah I believe I put her as a top preference to lane against when possible. melee, spams spells, squishy, can't heal. what more could a Kassadin ask for. xD

AIM7Sparrow

01-14-2010

oh, my bad then. and yes I knew about the starting MR lol. I edited the runes section and gave you credit. thanks for the help =D

AIM7Sparrow

01-14-2010

ok so would you agree with this build then:

Sapphire Crystal +2HP pots
-> Tear of the Goddess
Boots 1
x3 Blasting Wands
x1 Sages Ring
-> Sorc Shoes
-> Zhonya's Ring
-> Archangel's Staff
Blasting Wand
->Rylai's/Lichbane/Abyssal

(In terms of where the shoes the shoes come in)

AIM7Sparrow

01-15-2010

Yeah now see I actually knew that thing about the 3x wands vs. Zhonya's. It's because before my build consisted of:

Tears
Blasting Wand x3
Boots 1
-> Zhonya's
Sorc Shoes
Archangel's
Wand
Rylai's/Lich/Abyssal

That way it's going to help you more to get 3 blasting wands first instead of trying to jump from 2 -> Zhonya's. Costs 1950, too expensive at that point in the game. And I still don't know. You should be getting blasting wands relatively early, I'm still not convinced that sorc shoes before any AP will be better. You definitely shouldn't have any skill maxed by the time you can afford sorc shoes. (Lv 9? doesn't take that long) That's why I'm thinking the three blasting wands first, is better. It seems like after that though getting sorc shoes first and then finishing Zhonya's might be the best bet.