The True Glass Cannon Kassadin: Stacking AP Like It's Your Birthday

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ebonclaw

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
Well first of all I actually was unaware of this Zhonya's Bug. I guess, for obvious reasons, we can't purchase that item anymore. I'll give you an item build in a bit but let's talk about the other things first.

Some people called it the "Zhonya's Bug", but in reality, what was happening was that after about 10 minutes into the game, ANY activatable item, (Zhonya's, Executioner's, potions, wards, etc) could cause you to desynch completely, and have to reboot.

It was fixed in the last major patch though. It's all fine now.

Empyron

05-25-2010

Okay I posted awhile back on this thread with a craptastic build imo... it wasn't bad, but wasn't good either. I've become better with kassadin now. 9/0/21 for sure.

Sapphire crystal >catalyst
boots + tome
Mejai's
Boots 2 (sorc/merc)
Codex > Deathfire Grasp (extra nuke in fights = awesome!)
Zhonya's
Banshee's Veil

whatever

AIM7Sparrow

05-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxion View Post
Does this build still work? And what summoner spells? Exhaust/Ignite?
To be honest I've pretty much stopped playing Kassadin but I see no reason why this build followed with the outlined playing style shouldn't work very effectively. Personally I would always take either Cleanse/Flash or Cleanse/Ignite on Kassadin.

AIM7Sparrow

05-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empyron View Post
Okay I posted awhile back on this thread with a craptastic build imo... it wasn't bad, but wasn't good either. I've become better with kassadin now. 9/0/21 for sure.

Sapphire crystal >catalyst
boots + tome
Mejai's
Boots 2 (sorc/merc)
Codex > Deathfire Grasp (extra nuke in fights = awesome!)
Zhonya's
Banshee's Veil

whatever
I don't like DFG at all. It costs too much for stats we don't really care about and it's nuke is bleh. I'd rather rush that Zhonya's or get a veil instead if I have some good stacks going with my Mejai's.

Empyron

05-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
I don't like DFG at all. It costs too much for stats we don't really care about and it's nuke is bleh. I'd rather rush that Zhonya's or get a veil instead if I have some good stacks going with my Mejai's.

Since when does Kassadin not care about AP (+60) Mana regen (+10/5), CD reduction for faster null sphere/rw's, and an extra nuke for those tanks that have a **** ton of HP. Trust me, it's worth it.

Nevermore VII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2010

DGF is an awesome item. You just need to buy the Pick a little early to get the most for your gold. If you don't like that crazy initial burst damage, then your nuts. Because it only takes one full spell set to kill them after the staff combo...

Zeero

05-27-2010

Tried this guide last night and it works like a charm. I have probably 30 or more games under my belt with Kassadin now but typically I would rush a catalyst first. After having rushed a tear last night it is a HUGE difference (for the better). I really didn't miss the catalyst much and still ended up picking one up but much later. I solo'd mid vs ashe and had killed her twice before lvl 7. After I got the tear and mejais it was pretty much game over but still I can tell a BIG difference when i get that early tear of the goddess. Thanks! +1

Edit: @OP: your comment about Kassadins horrible jungling capability made me laugh last night as I was trying to solo golem at lvl 11 and lost 3/4 of my health in order to do it.... ugh.

Swift Ghost

03-06-2011

Just a little update
Tear is made up of Meki and Saphire Crystal so I start will Meki 2x HP pot
Nether Blade doesn't sap mana anymore. Just restores mana on hit and it has an active to give armour pen, but we all know its just for pulse charges

Suuperdad

03-07-2011

Why necro this?

Other update, Z-ring is gone, is now Cap/hourglass.