[Guide] Nasus: Enter Sandman

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scapegoat7

11-12-2010

atsmith893,
Try this build for yourself. And remember Merich states that you are to play conservative. You do not act as a tank, meaning you do not initiate the team fights. Also, Merich stated that IF the enemy team focuses you you're dead. How many teams focus who they consider a tank first in a team fight? I've seen Merich play, he generally has about 3 deaths a game when he pulls off this build. So don't knock it before you try it. Just because this is not the normal Nasus build does not mean it sucks.
In addition, Merich did add a comment later that stated that if you can't get your first couple of items fairly quickly you need to switch to a tank build for Nasus. He knows this is a hit or miss build and makes adjustments accordingly. So he is taking into account what other people have said.

I like having Chalice early game, but late game I agree with you it gets pretty pointless, so sell it later in the game and replace it with Aegis or something. Generally the game will not last long enough for you to get to that point though.

I didn't intend to come off mean, but all you've done is knock this build. You do have some good points though.

Sincerely,
Scapegoat7

atsmith893

11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat7 View Post
Also, Merich stated that IF the enemy team focuses you you're dead. How many teams focus who they consider a tank first in a team fight?
You are making the assumption people don't check the items you buy, which almost never happens. Clarity at the start of the game, how many of you laughed at this? Well it wasn't done to see which lane you were taking, it was done to see what items you purchased.

Anyone would take one look as nasus built like this and know you are squishy, they wouldn't just assume you are a tank because you are nasus.

Based on your thought process every tank should only get offensive items because the other team will assume you are tanky and not focus you. Do you honestly think this makes much sense?

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to flame you in any way, i'm not trying to be rude at all, and I sincerely hope I don't come off that way. I'm simply trying to provide a more successful alternative to nasus and to help illustrate how this build will in most situations be less viable than a tanky build.

Merich

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsmith893 View Post
You are making the assumption people don't check the items you buy, which almost never happens. Clarity at the start of the game, how many of you laughed at this? Well it wasn't done to see which lane you were taking, it was done to see what items you purchased.

Anyone would take one look as nasus built like this and know you are squishy, they wouldn't just assume you are a tank because you are nasus.

Based on your thought process every tank should only get offensive items because the other team will assume you are tanky and not focus you. Do you honestly think this makes much sense?

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to flame you in any way, i'm not trying to be rude at all, and I sincerely hope I don't come off that way. I'm simply trying to provide a more successful alternative to nasus and to help illustrate how this build will in most situations be less viable than a tanky build.
Squishy at the beginning? With clairvoyance they would see cloth armor since that is what I said to start with... So people will start off thinking I'm going tank Nasus. Late game you are right, but not early.

But I do agree with you when you said that "this build will in most situations be less viable than a tanky build." I agree that tank Nasus is more consistent. This is a hit or miss build. If you don't do well at the beginning you should switch to a more tanky build. I've said that before. This is not the typical Nasus build. I didn't want it to be the typical Nasus build. I knew when I made it that people would tell me it wasn't viable. I'm also not claiming that this will be an awesome build in ranked. I'm just saying that this build has worked for a bunch.

Scapegoat7

11-15-2010

I like this thread. Can we get some more comments? AKA bump

Sygore03

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2010

+1 for using a metallica song

DrDragun

11-15-2010

I think you you are going to get ONE damage item and the rest tank items, then the best LONE damage item is Last Whisper because he gains:

* Flat damage during his ultimate
* Flat damage for Siphoning Strike (grows with cs)
* Lifesteal Passive

So for his AD he is lacking: Crit, Attackspeed, Armor Pen. Now Crit doesn't interact too well with Siphoning Strike, and of course Attackspeed doesn't interact with it at ALL. The biggest issue is the Armor Pen, which for a single item Last Whisper is the best and it won't get worse late game. Maybe early game Brutalizer is better but Last Whisper you build and forget, just work on tank items after that.

Scapegoat7

11-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
I think you you are going to get ONE damage item and the rest tank items, then the best LONE damage item is Last Whisper because he gains:

* Flat damage during his ultimate
* Flat damage for Siphoning Strike (grows with cs)
* Lifesteal Passive

So for his AD he is lacking: Crit, Attackspeed, Armor Pen. Now Crit doesn't interact too well with Siphoning Strike, and of course Attackspeed doesn't interact with it at ALL. The biggest issue is the Armor Pen, which for a single item Last Whisper is the best and it won't get worse late game. Maybe early game Brutalizer is better but Last Whisper you build and forget, just work on tank items after that.
I agree. He does need some armor pen.

Merich

11-17-2010

This isn't directed to anyone in particular, but I think this might be the last build I do. People need to remember that a build is a suggestion just like the suggested items in game. However, people must customize their build to expose the weaknesses of their enemies or defend against their strengths. Your not going to build straight defense against a team of all mages.