Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Smite vs LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ånxîety

07-19-2013

Quote:
Porkcchop:
Smite's more casual.
Which is funny because LoL is much much more casual than DOTA

That's the most stupidest thing I ever read. Smite takes ten times more skill than league. Am I saying it's better? That's debatable/opinion. But to say it's casual makes me lol. A fed ADC actually has to aim in SMITE. If you are terrible, and some how got fed you aren't gonna carry if you can't aim. You also can't see beside you or behind you. It takes a lot more skill, timing, and awareness than league.

Vanist

07-20-2013

hirez is a ****ty company that is known for tossing their games away
if you dedicate time to Smite i guarantee you will be very dissapointed

hawaiiking

07-21-2013

Vanist, Hi-Rez never toss away their game, they made the famous Tribes Ascend (which is probably the best free-to-play FPS so far). Global Agenda was ****, but Hi-Rez's other game were really awesome, especially Smite.

InfernapeCalib

10-12-2013

Only thing I don't like is pinging is a bit annoying, you can't type and walk, and you move slower if you auto-attack.

Pureray

02-13-2014

I Play League and Smite a lot and they are very different from each other, but overall I like them both, Smite just "slightly" more.

Why do I enjoy Smite?

- 3rd Person
- No Runes or Masteries
- More Modes
- Voice Commands
- Rentable Gods
- Try out every God for free! (in practice)
- The Queues
- Some skins are in game currency affordable
- All skill shots

Why do I enjoy League?

- It's easy such as melting
- Most of my friends play this
- The champions (melting applies) also more of them
- Bird View
- Ribbons?
- Honoring?
- Some skins would change your animations and more!
- Unique Lore

Those cover pretty much all of them, I'm pretty sure I'm still missing a few reasons. There you have it, hoped this helped.

Neveradmitdefeat

03-20-2014

Smite is good, it took me a freaking week to save up for ONE Champion, in smite it took me 2 days to save up for the most expensive God, but i will still play league, the only thing that i dont like about smite is the lag.

Deadly Walnut

04-06-2014

You made the mistake of posting it on a League of Legends Forum. Most of the comments are biased if not all.

Deadly Walnut

04-06-2014

I also find that League has EXTREMELY long loading screens before the match. It's extremely annoying but I like both. Just a little more of Smite.

Killawar

04-14-2014

I played smite. I do enjoy the game, but I can't help but feel like it's missing something.....
http://www.listnerd.com/cache/0a68ecd065279f08ba69efb405832f05_w500_h500.jpg

KnightKiller11

04-22-2014

League is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better trust me