Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Smite vs LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acindo

04-13-2013

Quote:
Shottymaster:
I don't want to play an MMO when I'm playing a MOBA, I want to play a MOBA.

And for the record, I like MMOs a lot.

I said it reminds me of. Not like its an MMO replica or even close.

I much prefer 3rd person view and the fact there are much more paths and opportunities to gank people if they arent paying attention compared to LoL DOTA HON and any other MOBA.

Brightinly

04-13-2013

Quote:
Acindo:
It's Saiya-jin.

It's super sand.

Acindo

04-13-2013

Quote:
Brightinly:
It's super sand.

If you wanna get down to it. Most DBZ names are silly.

Kakarott - Carott
Gohan - Rice
Vegeta - Vegetable

Etc etc etc.

Hack the Planet

04-13-2013

Quote:
Acindo:
Anyone tried it?

I get a significantly worse ping in Smite (I'm Australian) at around 300 compared to 180ish in LoL yet I have more fun playing it most of the time.

They have better maps, better queues, an option to buy all currently available Gods (Champs) AND to have all future released Gods.

They have more Jungle buffs, Damage, CDR, Movement Speed, Mana Regen.

I have never had a person dodge a queue yet and the voice commands make it very easy to basically say anything. You can tell people your Ult is up or your lane is missing or your lane returned theres literally hundreds of commands for almost any situation.

It amazes me that Riot after all this time couldn't implement a few new game modes or improve their queue system. Their Smart Ping seems like ****** Ping compared to the commands in Smite.

I still like and will play LoL just thought id mention this game incase you didnt know about it.

From what I've seen, Smite has the same 5v5 map used over & over.

Riot has implemented new maps/modes since launch: Dominion, Twisted Treeline, Murderbridge.

The smart ping is easy & fast. No need pressing 5 numbers to tell your team top is missing when I can do it with my mouse in .1 sec.

Also, Riot's queuing process is very fast. You have to wait a like 5 minutes now in Smite to join a game unless you try out one of the other game modes.

ZerglingOne

04-13-2013

Quote:
Acindo:
It's Saiya-jin.

Ooo, sorry. If he'd been named Tuffles, you'd have a point with Tsufuru-jin, but since they are the Saiya people, we would change that to Saiyans because we did it with Indians, Germans, Martians, and Romans. We didn't get Saiyan wrong, it's just how you'd say it in English.

On-Topic: I like Smite too, but not being able to see behind you is a harrowing experience indeed.

Forty Bass

Recruiter

04-13-2013

Both are fun, personally i've been playing a lot more smite because it's different from all the Flash ignites and like a 40 champ pool.

DePhantasia

04-14-2013

Smite, for all intents and purposes, is still in beta. currently, there are 32-33 champs available to play, with benefits for getting lvl 30 before release. I myself, am a very big LoL player, but I've taken to Smite like a moth to flame. Sure, Smite isn't the same as LoL, but aside from an odd control scheme which took me a few games to get used to, It is similar enough in most aspects of the genre. and as of now, they have about 5 different maps.

the usual 5v5 - Conquest
Dominion- similar to LoL's, only in the aspect that there really aren't many lanes (only 3)
Arena- basically, your general 5v5 team deathmatch
Joust- for those who wish to go 1v1 with people
and a new Assault map which I have yet to try. They also have a queue, "Game of the Day." where it changes daily, imposing different rules to the Arena on a Daily Basis.

The ultimate God pack, while it does say future gods are free, it does only mean the gods in development until the release, so about 7-8 more to go.

Personally, the 3rd person aspect immerses you into the fight better than the top down angled view of LoL, while still getting very hectic in fights. The fact that basically every move is a skill shot, greatly reduces the number of players who spam all their abilities. It embellishes on actually putting more of an effort to gauge your range before jumping into the fray. Aside from all that, the ability to play some of Mythologies greatest figures, is very appealing to me in general. and as it has been said before, while this kinda feels like an MMO, similar controls as to WoW and such, it is primarily a Moba. if you play Mobas, then Smite will fall relatively easy under your belt. There really isn't much of an MMO aspect to it.

Smite also introduced me to HoN, and while I like HoN, I find it immensely more complicated. (All those playable units!)

PeppermyntButler

04-18-2013

Smite is actually fun, Still In beta but very fun. It's also very hard to compare to League. The map feels a little bigger, you are looking from a 3rd person view instead of top down. You have to make use of the WASD keys to move instead of clicking. It's a moba game but has noticeable differences than League.

Besides the new style of game play the only thing that may attract me is the option to buy all current Gods and future gods for a 1 time fee of 29 USD (Ultimate God Pack) it's called. That is basically the price of your average game in a store which is great instead of buying single champs.

I still love league, wouldn't leave it for smite though, same genre but two different games, I'd recommend trying it though.

DePhantasia

04-18-2013

A little bigger? it IS bigger. especially the jungle, gods, that jungle!

Ånnihilation

07-06-2013

smite sucks