Smite vs LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acindo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2013

Anyone tried it?

I get a significantly worse ping in Smite (I'm Australian) at around 300 compared to 180ish in LoL yet I have more fun playing it most of the time.

They have better maps, better queues, an option to buy all currently available Gods (Champs) AND to have all future released Gods.

They have more Jungle buffs, Damage, CDR, Movement Speed, Mana Regen.

I have never had a person dodge a queue yet and the voice commands make it very easy to basically say anything. You can tell people your Ult is up or your lane is missing or your lane returned theres literally hundreds of commands for almost any situation.

It amazes me that Riot after all this time couldn't implement a few new game modes or improve their queue system. Their Smart Ping seems like ****** Ping compared to the commands in Smite.

I still like and will play LoL just thought id mention this game incase you didnt know about it.

A Super Saiyan 3

04-13-2013

I can draw genitals on the dota 2 minimap by holding ctrl, we should implement that here too.

Acindo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Super Saiyan 3 View Post
I can draw genitals on the dota 2 minimap by holding ctrl, we should implement that here too.
It's Saiya-jin.

Shottymaster

04-13-2013

I played Smite, I didn't like it.

It was different, yeah. But there was literally no reason for me to play it, it was nothing special IMO.

Acindo

04-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shottymaster View Post
I played Smite, I didn't like it.

It was different, yeah. But there was literally no reason for me to play it, it was nothing special IMO.
People that like MMOs would like Smite I believe. The Third Person view and the fact you have to be MUCH more aware of your surroundings reminds me of playing MMOs and such.

Porkcchop

04-13-2013

Smite's more casual.
Which is funny because LoL is much much more casual than DOTA

Shottymaster

04-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acindo View Post
People that like MMOs would like Smite I believe. The Third Person view and the fact you have to be MUCH more aware of your surroundings reminds me of playing MMOs and such.
I don't want to play an MMO when I'm playing a MOBA, I want to play a MOBA.

And for the record, I like MMOs a lot.

Masticatorr

04-13-2013

All three games, DotA 2, Smite, and League are just too different from each other now to really be comparable in any way.

And while I have not played any of the other two former listed, from what I've seen gameplay wise, its just too far gone in a different direction. League did that on purpose, to make an original game. All they have left is that they are MOBAs.

Jamaree

04-13-2013

Meph, I prefer LoL, tried Smite, just couldn't grab me like LoL did, same with you though obviously because you are playing here.

DeathParker

04-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Super Saiyan 3 View Post
want to play dota now.