Mac Client Completely Freezing Mid Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeroPhuksGiven

03-20-2014

I have been playing on my same Mac for almost a year now without the game EVER having just frozen in the middle of a game. Since on of the more recent patches, this is happening at least once, if not twice every game I play. The screen freezes and my only way out is to force quit and reconnect.

Riot support is trying to tell it is something particular to my setup. However, a good friend of mine who also uses a Mac is experiencing the same issue. Reading some previous threads I see others are experiencing this as well.

I have spent hundreds of dollars on this game as I like to support FTP games I enjoy. But, now I am left with an unplayable game that Riot doesn't seem to want to anything about. PLEASE RIOT, fix the Mac client!!!!!

Thukasu

03-20-2014

Same thing happening to me. 2012 mbp 2.5 ghz 10 gb ram. Happens in any game mode at least twice. Dropped hard in ranked because of it.

Naheeel

03-24-2014

Can confirm this, using a Retina MBP and sometimes my game freezes completely and I cannot even exit the client, I have to force shut down my computer and restart.

fachenda

05-27-2014

This happens to me almost every game as well. I'm playing on a Mac too and it's only been happening recently (as of about March, when is when this was posted) It's very frustrating as it causes me to lose countless games because I'll miss about 5 minutes of action. This causes me to come back behind and my team to 4v5 for quite some time. I have also been reported a couple times for this and it's something that can be fixed. This issue has caused me to be unable to climb out of Gold V which is frustrating as well.

Bottom line: Riot please look into this and fix it please! This issue is causing me to stray away from a game I love, and have supported for over a year now.

Saeiren

05-28-2014

DItto, i just posted in someone else's thread a minute ago, i had a pc last season and NEVER DC'ed and NEVER had bad ping (max 60), now since season 4 on my MB Pro i am constantly DC'ing, and my ping is rarely under 100, its terrible.

Hyghly

06-02-2014

Like what the ****. So many people are having this issue. It literally makes the game unplayable. Nothing is more frustrating than investing time into a game just to freeze at a crucial moment.

deadly poutine

06-10-2014

Same here. I am desperate to try and find a solution - it has become all but unplayable, and I've started receiving warning and time penalties because of it. Absolutely ridiculous.

Arteminx

06-13-2014

^^^ This