The Dominion Meta Doesn't like ADC's. But we can change this!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

djump

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-13-2013

I'd like to hear some of you with lots of experience (*cough*sauron*cough*) explain a bit about how you can be a good teammate to enable an ADC to succeed.

Like, on SR, if you didn't know the accepted meta off-hand, ADC's could seem weak and dangerous - they need a specific player devoted to letting them have gold and sustaining and/or providing them safety during laning phase. (as well as the team as a whole providing general protection in teamfights).

Could you come up with a similar sentence or two describing a role in dominion that would enable an ADC? Or is it more just a general matter of, don't let the adc fight alone, and provide cc/damage to the enemies focusing them? Also, how does your overall team positioning/movement strategies change with an adc?

Like I said, I'd love to hear some veterans thoughts (or even reference to a guide specifically on the issue if one exists, I know sauron's guides talk about it a little(< which are great btw) but I'd like to hear details). Thanks!

AlphaFerric

04-14-2013

As someone who enjoys playing draven and graves from time to time, nj man

I really ejoy graves kit due to his passive and E. With a good front line keeping both of these spells up is fairly easy, while his Q and R give nice aoe damage that few other ad carries can offer. He's not as safe a pick as Ez, but still a pretty good one.

I don't think I saw your build in the video, care to elaborate?

Redeemed In Fire

04-14-2013

Draven actually works pretty well bot, since he heavily synergizes with lifesteal and can out-trade most champions in a duel. As usual, OPs wreck him, but he can handle a lot in solo queue.

SylianEUW

04-14-2013

If you want to play with an ADC, you need to make sure the enemies don't have any strong counters to it, such as Kha'Zix or Talon. Next you'll want to make sure you have a team that can properly protect the ADC. Some defensive support such as Janna or Lulu together with some bruiser that can cc would be good, such as Jarvan IV, Pantheon or Wukong. Your fourth slot will go to an AP, and that AP should probably have some cc as well. Also, when choosing ADC, Vayne, Jayce or maybe Ezreal would be the best choice.

TBE

04-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
The only true ADC is Thresh.

Don't deny.
Basically I don't think anyone else can come into contest.
1# Thresh
2# Ez
3# Vayne
4# Kog/Graves
5# Miss fortune/Draven

Something like that for top lain.
My build on graves is more Life steal then anything eles. But it ussally end game looks like this. Attack speed boots with 12% on hit speed, lantern, Saguin, LW, FM, and prospectors.

Hrondir

04-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
The only true ADC is Thresh.

Don't deny.
Someone's not following their own advice. I believe (aka I know) you were the one who gave me the idea to eat things with everyone's favorite acid spewing flutterby.

MMKH

04-15-2013

I've played some games with Bebepop, he's best ADC Dominion NA and defies the meta.

phyerbert

04-15-2013

Go read Sauron's Dominate Dominion Guide, ADC's will work but you can't build them like you do in SR and they are definately a higher challenge than on SR. It's a different map and a different game, but the high level players are using them so it's not like they're unviable.

Duelpower

04-16-2013

The meta right now prefers AD assassins in place of hard carries. It's not that carries are bad, their ramp up time is much longer than their assassin counterparts who can also snowball harder.

Jushiiro

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duelpower View Post
The meta right now prefers AD assassins in place of hard carries. It's not that carries are bad, their ramp up time is much longer than their assassin counterparts who can also snowball harder.
Talon: build both ARP items, maw of trollmortius and merc treads. Win game.

This is ridiculous, even my leblanc can't do half his burst and he has sustain to follow it up with because his auto attacks are scaling with the same thing as his spells!