Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

ARAM: How long is the Dodge penalty?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RichardMcNixon

04-12-2013

By all means, i am no dodger. I have only dodged one queue and that was because it was a 30s room and they let a lvl 12 on my team. lol. Anyhow, i'd like to know how long the Dodge penalties are set for, but would rather not have to dodge to find out.

TL;DR Has anybody dodged and found out yet? For any reason - i won't judge you because i asked. Hopefully nobody else will. I plan on, if i'm still sober enough to remember, before i go to bed, dodging to see, but i'd rather not have to.

PS - IMO it needs to be significant. the standard 5 minutes doesn't really punish dodgers, as a 5 minute wait for essentially 'not playing the game' isn't enough. Random is what ARAM is all about, and the reroll helps that for sure, but we can't have people trying 10 times to get nidalee in the same time that you played one game. IMO

Mr Mystical

04-12-2013

I think the dodge penalty is on a scale that gradually gets higher the more you dodge ...5 mins, 15 mins then 30 mins --- it goes up 15 min increments I believe. Can anyone confirm this?

LaBlallinIsGay

05-07-2013

I dodged a single time and got stuck with a 30 minute wait. I have no idea why, that seems like some kind of mistake

Amy Sery

05-08-2013

I think the penalties are higher in PBE because of the zero-tolerance there. Bans are also given easier and they are way longer, so it makes sense