Profile Tab under Summoner Profile taxing processor to an absurd degree

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Brave Toaster

04-12-2013

For some reason viewing the profile tab (First win timer, stats overview, etc.) is more taxing than playing the game itself on my computer.

I'm seeing 90-110% CPU use for LolClient when that tab is active, all other tabs in in the profile as well as lobby, lore, and store have LolClient using in the area of 20-40% (after a short initial spike when something new loads).

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-12-2013

Mind posting your system specs?

When I first launch the client, I get 5-15% cpu usage for LolClient in that tab, and all other tabs. When I play a quick game, then come back, it increases to 20-25% cpu usage. I didn't have time to play another game to see if it kept rising.

System Specifications:
Model iMac 27-inch, Late 2009
Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB
Software OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)

A Brave Toaster

04-14-2013

Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Memory: 4 GB
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 320M

A restart of the system brings it back to normal CPU usage, but once whatever starts hogging memory in the process starts back up, it is a persistent issue. Haven't tracked down the trigger as of yet, but I noticed the issue when I heard my fan running full blast for no discernible reason.

It's been an issue three times that I'm aware of, though it may have occurred when I wasn't really paying attention.

It is possible that it is a problem that snowballs as you play repeated games, right now I'm at ~15-20% usage and have only played one game since launching.

edit:
Alright, I cycled through all of the tabs in the summoner profile a few times, and now it's resting at 40-50% CPU usage on the Profile tab, with spikes reaching 65%, looks like something isn't getting cleaned up when I switch off and back to it.

IS1d362f56bb4c17

04-17-2013

Got the same problem.

MacBook Late 2008(unibody)
Mac OS X 10.6.8
2,0 GHz
8GB RAM
nVidia 9400M