Doran's Ring on Vlad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Symmon

11-08-2010

Yes I realize that vlad doesn't have mana, BUT 120 HP = 5 AP and 10 AP = 18 hp so a dorans ring gives 138 hp and 15 AP for 435 gold vs 20 AP for a tome.
So I have started to get all AP Quints and buy as my first item, with the idea being that I get a free 90HP or so for free for each one... is this bad? Am I missing something?

ie for 1 AP quint and a dorans as opposed to 1 HP Quint and a Tome I am gaining 98 HP for free. Is this right and am I being bad? Should I lol not be noob and build for late game? Vlad is a mid game hero anyways...

Thoughts?

Maltandbagels

11-08-2010

If you are going mid you will be better off with a Doran's shield.

YoungUnicorn

11-08-2010

Tome turns into Guise if you're doing bad, Mejai's if you're face rolling. I don't play aggressive early game so the health loss doesn't bother me.

0rangeSoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-08-2010

Amp tome costs less for more AP?
AP runes + Doran's Shield is similar to what your saying as well

Symmon

11-08-2010

I get two of them and I have a 200HP advantage over what I would have had going HP quints and buying AP items.
Been going sorc boots and abysmal scepter second, giving me an extra 400 ehp vs magic / harass around lvl 9-11... With good pen and AP on par. IDK, it just seems good. But maybe I am just getting better with vlad. He becomes almost ungankable with those items mid game in my experiance.

Symmon

11-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehn00bsauce View Post
Why dorans shield vs dorans ring though? 15AP and 18 hp vs 8 armor and 8 hp regen / 5

Drayxe

11-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symmon View Post
I get two of them and I have a 200HP advantage over what I would have had going HP quints and buying AP items.
Been going sorc boots and abysmal scepter
Not the abysmal scepter! Why would anyone buy that!?

Doran's ring is a pretty safe bet on a lot of casters. Vlad just gets some extra mileage out of it.

Symmon

11-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehn00bsauce View Post
This assumes you are going to use all AP Quints instead of all HP quints? I find this too squishy.

What I am saying is if you are using HP quints, you should be using an AP quint and buying dorans ring. so I am comparing the full setup.

I wear Gucci

11-08-2010

HAHAHAHAHA this guy said abysmal scepter hahahhah well read again 10/10 you ****ing dumb****

Symmon

11-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azues View Post
Not the abysmal scepter! Why would anyone buy that!?

Doran's ring is a pretty safe bet on a lot of casters. Vlad just gets some extra mileage out of it.
I find vlad suffers from concentrated fire in the form of magic damage, and the extra pen is nice? whats wrong with abysmal?