Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Doran's Ring on Vlad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Symmon

11-08-2010

Yes I realize that vlad doesn't have mana, BUT 120 HP = 5 AP and 10 AP = 18 hp so a dorans ring gives 138 hp and 15 AP for 435 gold vs 20 AP for a tome.
So I have started to get all AP Quints and buy as my first item, with the idea being that I get a free 90HP or so for free for each one... is this bad? Am I missing something?

ie for 1 AP quint and a dorans as opposed to 1 HP Quint and a Tome I am gaining 98 HP for free. Is this right and am I being bad? Should I lol not be noob and build for late game? Vlad is a mid game hero anyways...

Thoughts?

Maltandbagels

11-08-2010

If you are going mid you will be better off with a Doran's shield.

YoungUnicorn

11-08-2010

Tome turns into Guise if you're doing bad, Mejai's if you're face rolling. I don't play aggressive early game so the health loss doesn't bother me.

0rangeSoda

Recruiter

11-08-2010

Amp tome costs less for more AP?
AP runes + Doran's Shield is similar to what your saying as well

Symmon

11-08-2010

I get two of them and I have a 200HP advantage over what I would have had going HP quints and buying AP items.
Been going sorc boots and abysmal scepter second, giving me an extra 400 ehp vs magic / harass around lvl 9-11... With good pen and AP on par. IDK, it just seems good. But maybe I am just getting better with vlad. He becomes almost ungankable with those items mid game in my experiance.

Symmon

11-08-2010

Quote:
tehn00bsauce:

Why dorans shield vs dorans ring though? 15AP and 18 hp vs 8 armor and 8 hp regen / 5

Drayxe

11-08-2010

Quote:
Symmon:
I get two of them and I have a 200HP advantage over what I would have had going HP quints and buying AP items.
Been going sorc boots and abysmal scepter

Not the abysmal scepter! Why would anyone buy that!?

Doran's ring is a pretty safe bet on a lot of casters. Vlad just gets some extra mileage out of it.

Symmon

11-08-2010

Quote:
tehn00bsauce:

This assumes you are going to use all AP Quints instead of all HP quints? I find this too squishy.

What I am saying is if you are using HP quints, you should be using an AP quint and buying dorans ring. so I am comparing the full setup.

I wear Gucci

11-08-2010

HAHAHAHAHA this guy said abysmal scepter hahahhah well read again 10/10 you ****ing dumb****

Symmon

11-08-2010

Quote:
Azues:
Not the abysmal scepter! Why would anyone buy that!?

Doran's ring is a pretty safe bet on a lot of casters. Vlad just gets some extra mileage out of it.

I find vlad suffers from concentrated fire in the form of magic damage, and the extra pen is nice? whats wrong with abysmal?