Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New ARAM Feature: Rerolls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QuestionPerk

04-11-2013

Quote:
lnrael:
he says you don't in the original post?...

Ya, I read it.

Then I tried it and it didn't work out for me. Someone dodged and I lost my reroll without getting it refunded. So, what I just said serves as a tick on the back, doesn't it?

KamaitachiTrey

Huntsman

04-11-2013

Quote:
SylianEUW:

In order to make sure rerolling doesn't benefit people with fewer champs a lot more than it benefits people with more champs, you have to make sure people who own more champs get some substantial benefit, such as an increased rate of rerolls. Really, this benefits both loyal players and Riot themselves, since people are more likely to buy more champions for ARAM if owning more champions gives them some boon. If you gain reroll points at say, 75-100% faster than someone with half the number of champions that you own, the gap between the one owning fewer but better champions and the one that owns many champions is reduced. This would make the game more fun for people with most or all champs unlocked, while people with fewer champs still would be roughly equal. Plus, they'd have an actual reason to try to get more champions.

So... Rerolls sounds like a good idea, but you should give people incentive to have more champs, or else rerolls will favor people with fewer champs.

The parts in bold are already responded to in the original post.

Quote:
You’ll earn a base number of points every match, along with some bonus points based on the number of champions you own.

Based on your champions, you'll already receive an increased amount of reroll opportunities.

Quote:
QuestionPerk:
Ya, I read it.

Then I tried it and it didn't work out for me. Someone dodged and I lost my reroll without getting it refunded. So, what I just said serves as a tick on the back, doesn't it?

I think that'd be a bug, if he said it should refund you.

24SevenEU

04-11-2013

Heart of Gold? Ad Karthus? OOINW GVOIN RENGV.OLERIN GIOQ NHIOQIONOI??!?!???!?!?!

I kid, great job once again Riot!

Zielmann

04-11-2013

Also, got first win of the day bonus for both games I've played...

DarkSniper

04-11-2013

Just my general feeling, it should take longer than 3-4 games to get a reroll, and is there a reason to cap how many you can have at once? I mean, if I play 45 games without rerolling, Is there a problem with me going through 10 still random champions on game 46?

Pippythepenguin

04-11-2013

The reroll feature appears in custom games that are not in aram you have wait till timer tick downs to start a game

Ephyra Strauss

04-11-2013

So, I just came out of my ARAM game and it didn't show me how much Reroll points I got from it, should it be happening? Because, from the ss shown you should be able to know how much you gained.

George W Nome

Game Designer

04-11-2013

Quote:
24SevenEU:
Heart of Gold? Ad Karthus? OOINW GVOIN RENGV.OLERIN GIOQ NHIOQIONOI??!?!???!?!?!

I kid, great job once again Riot!

Sorry, Heart of Gold ain't making a comeback. The screenshots were taken in an internal debugging environment, where we have all sorts of nonsense going on.

Splinterheart

04-11-2013

Quote:
RiotNome:
Sorry, Heart of Gold ain't making a comeback. The screenshots were taken in an internal debugging environment, where we have all sorts of nonsense going on.

Awwwww

slamor

04-11-2013

Quote:
RiotNome:

That sounds like a fun playground. Any chance I can try release Xin Zaoh?