Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New ARAM Feature: Rerolls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTaur

04-11-2013

Big thumbs down on this. Rerolls? Just call it AM. Don't call it ARAM if you're going to cave in to the whiners and dodgers who join ARAM when they don't actually want to play ARAM.

If there is any special queue-specific feature that should be implemented in ARAM, it's this: Every champion should be unlocked on every account for that game mode, and no champion swaps allowed. Now THAT'S what ARAM needs. The way it is now, people can game ARAM by making a new account, only unlocking the champs they like, and refusing to play when the ones they hate are on free play. And now you're handing out rerolls on top of that.

Put the AR into ARAM, Riot. >:-(

Beravin

04-11-2013

I really like the reroll idea. There are some champions I just can't stand to play on ARAM, such as Tryndamere, because of how much more difficult they are to pull off over other, more effective / enjoyable champions. I never dodged them, and to be honest with you, I felt like I was getting the short end of the stick because of it. So, cheers for that, Riot!

DUDE BRO

04-11-2013

Slight reroll change request:

Rather than have hard numbers for rerolls (it costs a certain amount of points to get 1 reroll), I think rerolls should flat out cost points.

Meaning, you gain points normally, and can have up to, say, 1000 for example.

Your first reroll in the lobby costs 100 points, next costs 200, then 400, etc. This will enable everyone to cheaply reroll once or twice when they need, while making multiple rerolls a higher risk each time.

I just think this is a much stronger system than the current where the first reroll costs as much as the 5th. It puts some fun risk/reward into it.

MTaur

04-11-2013

Not only is this idea anti-ARAM, but there's going to be politics. If I roll Poppy or whatever and we have all melee, everyone's going to pressure me to reroll. Stupid stuff like that. Even if you think rerolls are a good idea generally, that will be the side effect.

The whole point of ARAM is that it's *random*. If I wanted to fight with people over team comp, I'd play ranked. I go to ARAM for a truly unpredictable chance to practice random champions in a totally unexpected way.

KamaitachiTrey

Huntsman

04-11-2013

Quote:
MTaur:
Big thumbs down on this. Rerolls? Just call it AM. Don't call it ARAM if you're going to cave in to the whiners and dodgers who join ARAM when they don't actually want to play ARAM.

If there is any special queue-specific feature that should be implemented in ARAM, it's this: Every champion should be unlocked on every account for that game mode, and no champion swaps allowed. Now THAT'S what ARAM needs. The way it is now, people can game ARAM by making a new account, only unlocking the champs they like, and refusing to play when the ones they hate are on free play. And now you're handing out rerolls on top of that.

Put the AR into ARAM, Riot. >:-(

How is it not ARAM if you can't select your character, but only get 2 chances to retry for whatever reason?

3 total random chances out of 113 champions... pretty good odds of being random. Now, if it was only a few champs, and the mode required 20 or 30 champs to play - there's a better chance of getting champions you're better with - sure.

But you still might get the ones you aren't, and that "chance" is why it is a gamble, and thus, random.

DreamsOfGrandeur

04-11-2013

Quote:
KamaitachiTrey:

I don't think this idea would ever become reality. The individuals that say "You had IP so you could buy your way to victory by rerolling until you got an OP champion." might have a point, if this was reality.

Dude, they would still only be able to reroll twice per champion selection.
The suggestion is that they be allowed to spend IP to make up for any reroll points their missing to get to reroll twice.

If they dodge, they get the huge queue-timer penalty and the wasted IP becomes their responsibility.

Torenia

04-11-2013

Quote:
KamaitachiTrey:
From what I understood from Rioter posts in the past, it sounds like free week champions were included.

I don't think it'd be efficient to turn off free week champions for only one mode, and besides - it allows it to be much more random this way. Someone can't just unlock 8 (random number) of their favorite champions and always do well.

If they have free-week champions as well, this means there's a chance they may not get only their "best" champs, causing it to be more of an actual random, rather than just random between your best.

If someone does happen to get a champion they've never played before (because of free week champions) you still have the Reroll option, and if worse comes to worse, you can always ask allies to trade, or for tips on the champion. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

They turn them off for rank though

CoconutSyrup

04-11-2013

Do i see heart of gold on mf omg riot pls <3

KamaitachiTrey

Huntsman

04-11-2013

Quote:
DreamsOfGrandeur:
Dude, they would still only be able to reroll twice per champion selection.
The suggestion is that they be allowed to spend IP to make up for any reroll points their missing to get to reroll twice.

If they dodge, they get the huge queue-timer penalty and the wasted IP becomes their responsibility.

Ahhh, I was under the impression you'd let them keep rerolling as long as they could spend IP on it.

I think that's a much better idea than I originally (mistakenly) thought. However, it still causes issues with which it devalues the reroll system that uses games played, because you can just spend IP to reroll anyways.

And if someone doesn't have enough IP (although that is a fairly small amount) it still means those with saved up IP would be better-off. (Again, even though it's a tiny IP amount).

And also, it would mean newer players would want to reroll their champions rather than to save IP for runes or champions, just so they can win that extra match.

I dunno, I like that idea better, but I'm not entirely sold. I think the current system is pretty decent.

MTaur

04-11-2013

Quote:
KamaitachiTrey:
How is it not ARAM if you can't select your character, but only get 2 chances to retry for whatever reason?

3 total random chances out of 113 champions... pretty good odds of being random. Now, if it was only a few champs, and the mode required 20 or 30 champs to play - there's a better chance of getting champions you're better with - sure.

But you still might get the ones you aren't, and that "chance" is why it is a gamble, and thus, random.

Less random is less random. If there were 1000 rerolls, it would be almost completely non-random. Two rerolls is somewhere in between, and it's a step away from what makes ARAM ARAM in the first place. Maybe we can call it ARAMUIGP*. It grosses me out.

* - All Random All Mid Unless I Get Poppy