Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New ARAM Feature: Rerolls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zakouma

05-03-2013

I'm really not sure what I think of this random system. It's nice to have a new map and this one is interesting because it takes strategic placing and replaces it with brute force and health conservation. I like the champs I know though. Can it randomly select champs we don't own and aren't in rotation?

Oventoasted

05-04-2013

Quote:
Torenia:
I like this concept, but I am curious as I haven't been able to try the mode yet. Are free week champs eligible for the random mode? I think they should be disregarded as many losses I had were with people who had free week and didn't know how to play them (I couldn't trade with them as they didn't own whatever champ I had half the time lol)

That's part of playing random. Also, I've played free week champs that I didn't think I'd like, but ended up really enjoying and buying as a result. The whole point of free week is for Riot to market their champs to the players and give (especially new players) some variety in their choices. Also, the reroll function allows you to change your champ if you don't want to play it.

monkeydluffy0216

05-07-2013

i like it but it should be more like the points you get you can have more rerolls each match like you level up the rerolls

King Sarathos

05-08-2013

I REALLY like this mode! The only problem is the free week champions. I tend to stick with either mage or assassin characters because those are the characters I think are the most fun to play, so when I go into a match and I get NuNu, then re-roll and get Trynd, I'm a little bit ticked off. I don't own either of those champions and I hate their play-styles.

Maybe it would be more efficient to allow players to select X number of champions they DON'T want to be assigned, like Starcraft 2 allows players to choose X number of maps that they don't want to play on. I feel like that would be a bit better than a re-roll system, simply because it means that it actually reduces the odds of even wanting to re-roll or trade with a teammate.

All I'm saying is that re-rolling is an inefficient system, especially when it requires players to play X games before they get another chance rather than having a flat re-roll chance each game.

I still support the idea of banning champions from your personal selection pool, but if you won't implement that, Riot, at least get rid of the re-roll points system. It's the most annoying thing i've seen in LoL... Except for Teemo... To oblivion with that furry Nazi...

Raphiezar

05-09-2013

My main beef with this is the really weak randomization process, where one team will get screwed on champs, even after rerolls, and the other team gets God Comp.

Quote:
King Sarathos:
Maybe it would be more efficient to allow players to select X number of champions they DON'T want to be assigned, like Starcraft 2 allows players to choose X number of maps that they don't want to play on. I feel like that would be a bit better than a re-roll system, simply because it means that it actually reduces the odds of even wanting to re-roll or trade with a teammate.

All I'm saying is that re-rolling is an inefficient system, especially when it requires players to play X games before they get another chance rather than having a flat re-roll chance each game.

This may actually go a long way to helping out the way HA games play.

yobhguod

05-09-2013

Quote:
Brackhar:
The current intention is that you will not get a champion that you previously had in the same champion select when you reroll, even if you've already rerolled multiple times.

I know this thread is kinda old but this isn't true, I had jayce one game that I didn't reroll on, I won. I re-rolled again on my next game and got jayce, thought I couldn't play because the enemy team dodged. After that game I did I got jayce AGAIN but this time through a trade that someone got. The following game I got jayce AGAIN on a reroll but couldn't play him because someone on my team got upset that I wouldn't trade jayce and he dodged. I don't know if it was pure luck or not. I was pretty happy .

Raphiezar

05-10-2013

Also, I had a gain a couple of hours ago where some of us rerolled twice, someone left, and when we got back in, our rerolls were gone. Really?! That's bogus...

yobhguod

05-10-2013

Also rerolls are broken, I've rolled into Vi 11 times so far (Yes i've counted). I've only got 35 different champions in all my arams (rolls included) and I have 111. Aram rolls needs to be more.......random.

Also if it's possible can you put in place a cooldown on certain champions? For instance, if I get eve, roll into vi and roll into Vayne. I can't play either of those champions nor roll into them for the next 5 games on Aram. This would help so much for players such as my self, who have most of the champions. It's very annoying see the same champions over and over again in aram. I have more random picks joining a normal game, selecting random and locking in.

Meerkat Matt

05-10-2013

Quote:
King Sarathos:
I REALLY like this mode! The only problem is the free week champions. I tend to stick with either mage or assassin characters because those are the characters I think are the most fun to play, so when I go into a match and I get NuNu, then re-roll and get Trynd, I'm a little bit ticked off. I don't own either of those champions and I hate their play-styles.

I still support the idea of banning champions from your personal selection pool, but if you won't implement that, Riot, at least get rid of the re-roll points system. It's the most annoying thing i've seen in LoL... Except for Teemo... To oblivion with that furry Nazi...

It's All Random for a reason, it's not so you can play the champs that fit your play-style but so you get given a random champ, regardless of whether you like them or not and then having to play that champion.

King Sarathos

05-11-2013

Quote:
Meerkat Matt:
It's All Random for a reason, it's not so you can play the champs that fit your play-style but so you get given a random champ, regardless of whether you like them or not and then having to play that champion.

But, I'll be honest, I would rather take a 15 minute time penalty for leaving champion selection and running a WoW dungeon while i wait than play with a champion that I absolutely despise the style of. The forcing of a champion on me does not make me play it, it makes me weigh whether I want to endure 30 minutes of garbage or do something else for 15 minutes.

With the system I proposed, such problems would be eliminated because I would be at least comfortable with whatever champion I was assigned.