Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New ARAM Feature: Rerolls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mulldozer5

04-11-2013

super neat :O

Solari Brigadier

04-11-2013

Quote:
DreamsOfGrandeur:
Any chance you could make allow the spending IP to reroll or buy reroll points with IP?
Like 10 IP = 1 reroll point

Then players who own everything would have something to pour all that extra IP into.

I really don't think "players who own everything" are that plentiful to be honest, and Riot is marketing this feature to players of all levels of completion - a standard player with 10-15 champions unlocked isn't going to want to spend their IP on the reroll feature.

It's also a self-balancing feature. By having a cap on the amount of rerolls, you're making sure that rich players don't have an advantage over poor players.

Daharahj

04-11-2013

dat zileas build

ultimate troll

LightningSupport

04-11-2013

If free week champs are included in the consideration for which champ you get would it be possible to give free rerolls if you draw a free week champ? I don't like it when I draw a free week champ I have never played before and have no idea how to play. Or maybe give us a bonus in terms of the "reroll points" (for lack of a better term) for playing a free week champ and not rerolling.

Akava

04-11-2013

A pretty neat idea. I like it.

RainbowDrank

04-11-2013

Quote:
Solari Brigadier:
I really don't think "players who own everything" are that plentiful to be honest, and Riot is marketing this feature to players of all levels of completion - a standard player with 10-15 champions unlocked isn't going to want to spend their IP on the reroll feature.

It's also a self-balancing feature. By having a cap on the amount of rerolls, you're making sure that rich players don't have an advantage over poor players.

I think there are a lot of players who own everything. In my small group of friends I play with regularly, there are 4 of us who have all or all but 2-3 champs.

I think being able to use extra IP for re-rolls is a great idea! It gives those with extra IP something to use it on, and those with only 10-15 champs don't have to do it. Nothing says you have to use IP for that. "Rich"players are that way because they have probably been playing a long time.

Besides, when you own every champ, you are a lot more likely to get stuck with someone you don't like than you are if you only have 10-15 champs as those are probably champs you enjoy playing. I hate getting skarner or poppy, and every time I do I wish I could give them back so I never got them again in aram lol.

Shizuha Aki

04-11-2013

This sounds like the greatest idea ever. (I'm gonna save up so many points just to re-roll nonstop for funs).
Also what is the cap to the amount of re-rolls you can save up?

HappyHelicopter

04-11-2013

this looks cool

KamaitachiTrey

Huntsman

04-11-2013

Quote:
LightningSupport:
If free week champs are included in the consideration for which champ you get would it be possible to give free rerolls if you draw a free week champ? I don't like it when I draw a free week champ I have never played before and have no idea how to play. Or maybe give us a bonus in terms of the "reroll points" (for lack of a better term) for playing a free week champ and not rerolling.

If you only have, say, 8 to 12 champions, the chance of getting a free week champion is high.

If you have 20 to 30 champions or more (not that hard to do) the chance of you getting a champion from the free week that you don't know how to play reduces. The more champions you've played, worked with, or at least have an understanding of lessens with the more champions you own already.

This encourages players to learn more champions, purchase more champions (whether with RP, or IP) and have less of a chance during free weeks to get a champion they have no idea how to play or even what their abilities do.

Also, if you do have, say, 30 champions owned, or 40, or a higher amount, and the free week comes out - there's a good chance a few of those free week champions ARE champions you know how to play and do already own. That lessens the chance even further to get something you don't know. Then, if or when you do receive something you have no idea how to play, you can ask to trade, or reroll.

And if you reroll, chances of you getting another champion that you don't know how to play drop yet again, because it goes back through your entire list to reroll. If you own 30 champions, what are the odds that out of the free week champions you DON'T own, that you'd get one of them a second time? Or a third? And that despite your rerolls - you never get a champion anyone wants to trade for?

The chances of becoming frustrated with a free week champ slim further and further the more you think about it.

Quote:
RainbowDrank:
I think there are a lot of players who own everything. In my small group of friends I play with regularly, there are 4 of us who have all or all but 2-3 champs.

I think being able to use extra IP for re-rolls is a great idea! It gives those with extra IP something to use it on, and those with only 10-15 champs don't have to do it. Nothing says you have to use IP for that. "Rich"players are that way because they have probably been playing a long time.

Besides, when you own every champ, you are a lot more likely to get stuck with someone you don't like than you are if you only have 10-15 champs as those are probably champs you enjoy playing. I hate getting skarner or poppy, and every time I do I wish I could give them back so I never got them again in aram lol.

I don't think this idea would ever become reality. The individuals that say "You had IP so you could buy your way to victory by rerolling until you got an OP champion." might have a point, if this was reality.

There's far too much chance of abuse with that sort of system. I agree with the individual that said it's more fair to everyone if they keep it to just games played.

If you start letting them reroll repeatedly, it becomes less of an ARAM and more of a Blind Pick where you pay IP to sift through your champions until you get the one you really wanted in the first place - except that some opponents and allies don't get that luxury, and are forced to deal with you stomping with one of your favorite champions because of it. That isn't very fair.

KevinDelMarr

04-11-2013

As someone who could really care less on who they play with or against, this doesn't really afffect me directly

However, if it means less people will dodge because they do care, I'm all for it.