Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Skin RP price changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cuix

04-11-2013

Honestly, I'm kind of glad to see Surprise Party Fiddlesticks have its price increased. That always felt like a skin worth more, and still does, so I find it fairly fitting to put quality like that in a pricing tier that fits. Plus, it's already had plenty of time in the store to be bought by those that would want it, mainly, and would fit under the category of "players being thanked".

Plus, 79 skins being moved down in price, and only 18 being raised? 18 skins that have very high quality, and just -happen- to not be ultimate. Yeah, I think that's pretty alright.

Naonical

04-11-2013

Why are some skins being brought up in price? There has been no change to improve their quality, and some of them are extremely outdated in looks.

Kha at 1350 is the only skin I agree with being worth it's price.

Increasing prices of already existing skins people were getting at 975 doesn't sit right with me. It's not like these skins were limited in sale, or even announced to have something like this occur in the future. To me it just seems like a lazy way to get money by doing nothing in return like splash updates or visual updates for those characters ( including skin updates to them. )

Morgana's Rose skin looks NOTHING like her pic, yet it's being raised to 1350? The quality in that is even poorer then the skins released now just with a new champ ( heck even a champ without a skin like Quinn looks better then skinned Morg ), yet you want to charge more? Then we would like more for our buck.

What is it with Riot? First this terrible update to some champs or items in a changelog, and now this horrible idea of RP changes. You guys are really on a roll... down hill.

Ankokukai

04-11-2013

Quote:
Vulking:
This I'm not ok with, in all of this the changes are mostly particles, the models doesn't even have new animations or recalls, I consider this a rip off since in most cases the model are just slightly better or not modified beyond regular skins..

Not to mention that this totally contradicts Riot jibber jabber bull**** about "Rising the quality bar"

They clearly said that they wanted a better product, at the same price ~ now they just increase the price because "a little more work was done on X skin"

Quote:
Rauron:
Honestly, I'm kind of glad to see Surprise Party Fiddlesticks have its price increased. That always felt like a skin worth more, and still does, so I find it fairly fitting to put quality like that in a pricing tier that fits. Plus, it's already had plenty of time in the store to be bought by those that would want it, mainly, and would fit under the category of "players being thanked".

Surprise Fiddle was an special skin, released at regular price, it was all on celebration of the anniversary, it's price shouldnt be increased

Exman33

04-11-2013

i would like to point out that more skins are going down in price than are going up

Etrod

04-11-2013

Quote:
Splinterheart:
Probably through sales. Nightraven Fiora was all around more popular, so it wasn't reduced.

Indeed it was.

40 skins moving from 975 to 750:
Nightraven Fiora

Bekkal

04-11-2013

Hippalus, you should be fired. I'm sorry, but there's just no other way to properly express my displeasure. You have been a non-stop disappointment since Day 1.

Your handling of "ward skins", your introduction of the 1350 price point, all of it screams lack of understanding of what people actually want.

Quote:
Exman33:
i would like to point out that more skins are going down in price than are going up

This should always be true, because 0 of them should ever go up.

Vulking

04-11-2013

Quote:
Rauron:

Plus, 79 skins being moved down in price, and only 18 being raised? 18 skins that have very high quality, and just -happen- to not be ultimate. Yeah, I think that's pretty alright.

A slightly better model and some minor particles are hardly what I consider worthy, Xin skin is nice, but nowhere near the 1350rp price tag.

MatsiPls

04-11-2013

For the new skin a increased price of 1350 RP ..but not for the old ones pls... why Riot, why :c?

Eizeru

04-11-2013

So everything meh was reduced and everything worth buying was increased. Gave me less incentive to ever buy anything now.

Debarak

04-11-2013

I hope you're planning on releasing a new skin for Zyra, then, before these price changes take effect. Otherwise it would be pretty stupid to have her only skin cost $12.