Skin RP price changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bekkal

04-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
An issue we're trying to fix is that players who buy Surprise Party Fiddlesticks and other premium skins are often disappointed now when they buy other 975 skins. By aligning the price to the production quality, we give players much more consistent value.

The opportunity to buy Surprise Party Fids (and other 1350s) at 975 was an extra value to players and will continue to be so for the next two weeks. We will continue to do things like that to reward players who were active at the time a premium skin is released.

Are you kidding me? You drop the ball on development of most 975 skins, or in the pricing of skins that clearly shouldn't be 975 (hello, Red Quinn, Purple ZAC), so we should pay extra for skins with particle changes that you previously stated were your 975 goal?

I'm really am sorry but you are not a good fit here, Hippalus.

Krimson62

04-11-2013

i disapprove... this is just a way of making all new skins 1350... so much for frost drake shyvana being affordable...

Blue3345

04-11-2013

Do this.. and I will NEVER buy another skin. The 1350 skin idea is a "false tradition that should be thrown away" (5 bucks whoever gets the reference) It was stupid when the Brand skin got it, it was stupid when the Lulu skin got it, why would this be any better?

Edit: AND I'm more then sure they make more then enough money to justify the quality of the skin

Also this is probably a scam for them to milk out as many skins as possible in a short time.

Elderpriest

04-11-2013

Time for the ip price to raide... oh wait already did, when new champs are released.

HYDROPUMP5PP

04-11-2013

What the **** is with all the hate?

They are letting you know 2 weeks in advance. If you want one of the skins getting raised, get it. If you want one of the skins being lowered, wait it out. It works both ways here. 2 weeks is plenty of time.

It also works both ways. A skin you own might have its price lowered, but a different skin you own might have its price raised.

Riot is providing you with a completely f2p game, only making money off of skin sales and champion sales (if you purchase them with RP). Seriously, stop *****ing at every little thing that rustles your jimmies. Holy ****ing ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue3345 View Post
Do this.. and I will NEVER buy another skin. The 1350 skin idea is a "false tradition that should be thrown away" (5 bucks whoever gets the reference) It was stupid when the Brand skin got it, it was stupid when the Lulu skin got it, why would this be any better?
I don't know why you have a problem with the 1350 price point. They're more valuable than 975, but less valuable than 1820. What's the problem?

Mango027

04-11-2013

dont raise prices

aluckydewdrop

04-11-2013

With some skins having their prices increased, can we expect to see some maintenance and fixes on them?

I know it's not top priority, but I honestly believe that things like AstroNautilus's visor bugging out every time Titan's Wrath is used should be worked on considering the increase in price and promised quality.

Plus, I just really love that skin. I want other people to enjoy it too.

Doctor Atlas

04-11-2013

Awesome! Glad to see we'll be getting more skins like "Pulsefire Ezreal".

Kind of a let down for people who had recently purchased 975 tier that is now getting discounted. But, hey, a discount is a discount. I'm not gonna complain too much. :P

Monistat

04-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizno1965 View Post
Isn't the same thing going to happen at the 1350 price point as well? If I go buy mecha khaz and see the new animations, joke, model, and voice filter going to disappoint when I go to buy blackthorn Morgana expecting the same level of quality?
Exactly this.

Torenia

04-11-2013

As nice as the lower priced skins can be, the tiers beyond 975 for non-legendary is ridiculous I'm sorry. Even if 975 is a broad tier, the lower RP tier is nice and good but this 1350...

I've waited for Arcade Sona to go half off from 975 (I only get discounted skins) and it has been a long time since she has been out as I wait for this. Now, it seems I will have to pay even more RP if it goes to 1350 before it even goes on sale. Seriously considering to just be even picky with skins than before now :\

Since I know this post alone won't have any sway with the change, I can only hope you guys consider putting Arcade Sona on sale before this change happens.

Glad the new Soraka skin wasn't increased so I can wait for that months from now when it goes half off too, but will likely be less inclined to get just any nice skin as much anymore with the changes as I mentioned already.