Skin RP price changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soundly Awake

04-11-2013

I'm sorry, but does anyone else find this outrageous? So we already have to buy champions, fine, whatever, that's doable. With champions you at least have the choice of using IP, albeit some of the better/newer champions cost far too much IP for what we're given for one normal game, win or lose, but at least that's free. Now you're telling me that I have to spend anywhere from 5 to 30 dollars or more on a SKIN? I get that they're not required to play the game, and that they're a "luxury", but still! I can't even fathom paying that much for ONE champion skin. $10 gets you a little over 1300 rp.... you're telling me that these "legendary" skins are going to be worth the $35 dollars we'll have to shell out to get enough RP to even think about buying them! And what if we don't like them? We only have 3 refunds for items purchased!

I'm pretty much ranting now... so I'll shut up. I've said my piece.
*mumbles and kicks the dirt*
Most expensive "Free to Play" game I've ever played... >_>

NumbaOneSorcerer

04-11-2013

Improvements? No. So stupid.

Reinhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Hi all - thanks for the feedback on Kha'zix's launch skin price.

This was a special case where the launch skin is arguably legendary due to the evolving model and other features. We decided that rather than price it as legendary, we would launch it at 1350 RP, and that we would keep the regular launch bundle price of 1462 so that players who want the skin could get the champion for almost free.

This will not be a trend for launch skins or skins in general, but as we produce more legendary quality skins, we may bring the 1350 RP price back on occasion.

We are also trying something new with Sultan Tryndamere today by launching him on sale for 487. Again, this will not be the norm, but I am interested in your continued feedback so we can decide which new ideas make sense and which should be sent to the recycle bin..
Ok Not a trend but let's raise the price of existing skins up to a more expensive price point

Death0619

04-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePieceGeek View Post
Okay so I'm not really complaining here, though it's going to sound like it... Here's my main issue with this new system other than the fact that I'm a little butthurt for buying Junkyard Trundle the other night for the full 975 xD

Okay so the community *****ed whined and complained at the idea of selling Goth Annie for 975 because they had to buy the disc and it was unfair and blah blah blah (To be honest all their text just kinda started looking like Q's to me xD) I thought it was lame that riot buckled, but I just kinda accepted it because I don't really care that much about Annie. This time around though, you're suddenly reducing the prices on a LOT of skins that we've already paid for, such as Kog's legendary and many others, but we're not going to get anything for that right? I mean every Annie player who bought one skin gets to keep it exclusively for themselves, but the rest of the community who paid out the ass for a lot of different skins get to just sit by and watch others get those same skins for almost half price? Seems a little unfair to me. I'm not trying to scam riot out of money or anything, but would a little bit of a refund be nice? Like for every legendary that was reduced that we already bought we could have like a free 200-300 RP? I mean that's not even the full difference and it would kinda let some of us know that Riot cares at least a little for what feels like getting cheated a bit.

Again, not complaining, just kinda letting you guys know what I think. I don't really expect riot to throw RP at us, it would just be a nice way of giving back to the bigger spenders.
You get 470 RP back for the legendary skins that were reduced. Legendary status is the only protected skin cost so if it decreases you will be refunded the difference.

Koravel

04-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
Huh... I was under the impression that the Party Fiddlesticks skin was going to be considered Legendary or near Legendary, but was priced at 975 RP as a "Thank you" to the fans on LoL's birthday. Weird seeing its price increased. See this: http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...960341#4960341

Similarly, I'm not so sure about some of the other skin price increases... granted some are probably worth more than 975, but it seems weird to be INCREASING the sales price. Like, how often do virtual stores sell the same product but at a significantly higher price point? It would be like Steam going, "Hey, 'The Walking Dead' just won a game award... maybe we should be charging more than it currently costs because it is so rad!"

EDIT:

Why not just put a splash over them saying "1350 value at 975!" for those select ones? You keep the same price as before, but people don't get confused that they are like other 975 RP skins.

Note: I've actually purchased Blackthorn Morgana when on sale and have an unused Arcade Sona code... these changes would actually INCREASE the worth of them to me, but I'm still against the idea. I'm a Marketing graduate and increasing the price of digital goods without increasing features is pretty much unheard of in the industry.
Wow. They just flat out lied. Tamat and Ymir both said that Surprise Party Fiddlesticks would be 975 permanently.

DocTank

04-11-2013

Just bought some skins about a week ago, to find now they are reduced in price?

And other skins before that reduced, some I was planning on buying now increased. This is MADNESS, MADNESS! Not sparta. JUST MADNESS! And pathetic.

I read your reasoning, then came to the conclusion, you really don't have any true reasoning to go about this form of market alteration.

xAdrestiaX

04-11-2013

Increasing prices of amazing skins that are 975 is a low blow. I own most of those that I want thankfully, but some I've been saving for are now gonna be held off. I don't like that. If a customer (many customers in fact) don't like that, they're usually right.

ScUnl1m1t3d

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2013

I bought crimson elite Talon yesterday, **** u riot

Maskmurda

04-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post

18 skins moving from 975 to 1350:

• Soul Reaver Draven
This was the only Skin IMO that was worth it because the Draven voice here is just awesome. I didn't buy it when it was on sale, and now I have to buy it before the price goes up. If you charge people 1350 for a skin you gotta offer them something more than just the possibility of "some" new features and animations. Your game is free, people can go an entire lifetime without buying any RP, but choose to buy because they enjoy your game. Don't abuse that.

HeyLPG

04-11-2013

This was cool until you made certain skins MORE expensive. That isn't cool. Whos decision was this? Was it a group decision, your own, or someone higher up? Increasing the price of certain skins just seems....highly unnecessary.